Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I was banned from 5d for “taking shots”

I know we all enjoy Tony chats, so I posted mine below. I was labeled a “shot taker” on a game in which the bet I made lost. Mariners were up 5-0, live line said Mariners +1.5 at -120, I bet it. It was cancelled within minutes. Mariners ended up losing 7-5. I’ve had maybe 6 bets cancelled in 5 years there and I make 500 bets a month mostly live betting. So 6 out of 30,000 career bets (never anything over $300 a bet) and bonged.

5d did pay me my balance quickly (it was $2,000) so no issues there to close my account. Still this is a shit way to treat customers and other players should know. When US books are up and going, let’s see Tony pull this Mickey Mouse bullshit then: So anyways enjoy:

Hi is Tony in yet? My account was suspended and the note said to talk to him in live chat

Roderick
    Can you please confirm your account number and password?

Blair
    Xxxxc
    xxxxxx

Roderick
    Thanks let me check if he is available.

Blair
    Ok

Roderick
    I am transferring you over, have a good one.

Blair
    Thank you sir
    You have been transferred to: Tony.

Blair
    Hi Tony. I see I been called into the boss’s office
    My account was suspended and the note said to talk with you
    So what’s going on?

Tony
    you seem to think shot taking at clear line errors is a good idea in my shop

Blair
    I mean no shot taking. I’m an edge player and was betting the Mariners last night regardless of line. The line was up for about a second and I hit it. Then awhile later I looked at the note said it was cancelled. Realized the line was an error and did not complain. It’s uour right to cancel any bets. I have no issue with that. The line I bet on that was wrong actually ended up close since it lost. But I appreciate you being a stand up guy and cancelling immediately rather waiting to see if it did end up losing
    I usually only bet ultra live so this issue never comes up

Tony
    i don't like your answer
    you're gone
    you could have been given a warning
    but you're not getting one
    cashier will be enabled for you to redeem your balance

Blair
    What answer did you want me to give? I gave you an honest answer. You put out a bad line. I hit it not realizing it was bad. If I was intending to take a shot I’d have bet a +230 ML. I was only betting the RL. I was not trying to screw you guys over

Tony
    my stance is that you're a shot taker
    i don't know how many times you've gotten away with it
    but i can promise you never will again

Blair
    And that line did lose be everyone knew the Yanks would come back and make it close
    I’ve never had a bad wager honored at 5d. It’s stupid to take shots bc you guys cancel them anyway. I make nearly 550 bets a month. Never any problems with shot taking or complaining

Tony
    i have enough notes about shot taking

Blair
    Tony, you shouldn’t have them on me. I’m an honest player. I know how quickly you guys post live lines. I’m got my mouse ready. Hitting refresh to make the bet on a team. I’m not even looking at the line bc I’m betting the team usually in a game I’m watching
    If I was taking shots I’d be trying to take both sides. You never see me play like that Read

Tony
    i see you're a shot taker with at least half a dozen notes about voided wagers
    i don't know how many more didn't get notes
    and i don't care
    you're gone
    i'm done replying
    cashier is enabled
    hit the road

Blair
    Are you serious? I been playing here nearly 5 years. You’ve never once honored a cancelled bet of mine. It’s not my fault that you put out lines that are up for 2 seconds and players pounce on them not knowing if they are perfect lines.
    Im sorry. I’d like to continue to play here and I have no issues with you canceling bets. Nobody gets away with winning a bad line, so why would you get rid of long time players if they bet on it? It was up for 2 seconds it’s not like that is a ton of time to know the line is correct
    I’ve made 10,000 bets in 5 years, and 6 get cancelled and your kicking me? None even being paid out. Speechless here

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

to be fair its an obvious bad line

so why bother betting it?

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

1. Fug Tony.
    2. He was correct, but he could have been less of an UNPROFESSIONAL ASSHOLE in his dealing with you. FUG TONY.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Tony, or whoever is the 5dimes reps that reads these threads:

WTF was the "correct" answer? "Tony, pretty please with sugar on top?"

I didn't like YOUR answer, Tony.

P.S. Fug Tony.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Your name is Blair?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

So happy about legalized betting in NJ. No more games and bullshit, completely regulated
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave thechaoz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

A Quant
    A Quant's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

That moron is going to get crushed when sports wagering takes off in the US.

That prick will be begging for customers.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave A Quant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

5-0 and you take the team leading +1.5 at -120, and you have the balls to claim you didn’t know it was a bad line? And you said you were watching the game? Lmao. Tony a jerkoff but he on point here, I would have tossed your shot taking ass too. Lucky they were so nice about letting you get your balance.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

unless US gets A LOT better odds and less juice, offshore wont be losing much business at all
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave 5mike5 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Points Awarded:

reigle9 gave 19th Hole 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Sorry Plaza...hate it for you. I guess your arms were just too short to box with "God."

On the other hand, I think Tony did you a favor. How 5Dimes is listed as an A+ book is beyond me. An egomaniac for an owner combined with undoubtedly the shittiest customer service this side of the Panama Canal. Not to mention the Bitcoin hassle where if you miss one of several verification calls, you have to start the process all over again. They also cannot justify a 36+ hour time frame from initial request to your Bitcoin wallet.

Reduced juice is not worth the bullshit players have to go through at that Mickey Mouse shop. Go to Heritage for the reduced juice, or Bookmaker for the best of the best in every other category. Excellent customer service, one of the few if not the only rewards program in the industry, Bitcoin withdrawals completed in as little as 2-2.5 hours, and just about any event you can imagine can be wagered on.

And no, I'm not a shill for BM. This is just what an all-around excellent product does...the service sells itself with nothing more than word of mouth. Good luck pal!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

On a lighter note, why the fuk did you mush the Mariners so bad with your jinxing ass? Damn.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

bush league management

Can't wait to see articles about offshore books that went belly up a few yrs from now. I'll think back on this exchange and chuckle

JJerkoff gonna have to find a new gig soon

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Your name is Blair?
    Nothing gets passed Diggity. Guy is sharp as fuk.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by A Quant View Post

Exactly. I guarantee in less than a year he's offering a good, long-time customer like Plaza a freeplay. Unbelievable how he labeled a 5+ year customer as a shot taker after just one mistake. After no previous pattern of this behavior whatsoever. He's lauded for being tough, but fair...but I see nothing fair about this instance.

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Nothing gets passed Diggity. Guy is sharp as fuk.
    Unde, yes.

I pay special attention to the little details.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Unde, yes.

I pay special attention to the little details.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Exactly. I guarantee in less than a year he's offering a good, long-time customer like Plaza a freeplay. Unbelievable how he labeled a 5+ year customer as a shot taker after just one mistake. After no previous pattern of this behavior whatsoever. He's lauded for being tough, but fair...but I see nothing fair about this instance.
    He claims there were half a dozen notes on his accounts about cancelled wagers.

He was on hexa-secret probation, I guess.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    On a lighter note, why the fuk did you mush the Mariners so bad with your jinxing ass? Damn.
    No shit! I put away a bottle of whiskey watching that shit show.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

where is joecool

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

In Tony's defense:

If it was true that you had at least six previous shot-taking attempts that they didn't even call foul on you for, then he was more than patient. He still needs to update that attitude, but at least he gave you some chances.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bad line

Do you guys understand five dimes has a radius population wise of the approx 800 million people?

Obviously he doesn’t care about losing players, he runs a tight place with no BS

His non-USA business is enormous

DiggityDaggityDo

Anybody know what Tony looks like?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    where is joecool

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I’ve had maybe 6 bets cancelled in 5 years there and I make 500 bets a month mostly live betting. So 6 out of 30,000 career bets (never anything over $300 a bet) and bonged.

I’ve made 10,000 bets in 5 years, and 6 get cancelled and your kicking me? None even being paid out. Speechless here
    I'm just trying to piece some things together here. You've been at 5Dimes for 5 years correct? And you've made 10,000 bets? What is the 30,000 number?... how many years?

My next question is... how much are you up or down at 5Dimes over the last 5 years? And... if you are up... do you have limits on anything? 5Dimes is a recreational book... I think most people that are up at 5Dimes have fairly low limits... I could be wrong about this. Not judging... just trying to piece some things together here. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 06-22-18 at 03:06 PM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    In Tony's defense:

If it was true that you had at least six previous shot-taking attempts that they didn't even call foul on you for, then he was more than patient. He still needs to update that attitude, but at least he gave you some chances.
    Let’s not lose site of the key fact here. Op says he watches the games he live betting then in same breath he claims ignorance on a team leading 5-0 getting +1.5 -120 is not clearly a bad line?? Anyone with any sense knows that clearly a bad line and stays away.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

oh no

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Welcome to the club. I got on his radar for hitting one too many CFB parlays last year and within a week I was suspended for refreshing the NFL Props page too often, lolwtf. He baited me into a chat war and gave me the boot. Like you I had my full balance shipped within a day so can’t complain about much beyond them being so unprofessional.

Your big mistake was telling him you’re an “edge player”. If you’ve got a decent withdrawal history he will look for a reason to kick you out and you played right into his little midget hands.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quant View Post

+1 penetrate Tony

No need to be such a jerkoff

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worked for him a while ago.

Imagine Barney Rubble, 5'5'' chubby flip flop wearing trash

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Exclusive security cam footage of Tony as he deleted OPs account....

Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave SharpAngles 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

A Quant gave SharpAngles 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheSchafe

I always pictured him as Mr. Spacely from the Jetsons:

Extremely short, balding loud Italian man with a Napoleon Complex with a dangerous temper.

PLAAAAAAAZAAAA!!!
    Last edited by TheSchafe; 06-22-18 at 03:14 PM.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Welcome to the club. I got on his radar for hitting one too many CFB parlays last year and within a week I was suspended for refreshing the NFL Props page too often, lolwtf. He baited me into a chat war and gave me the boot. Like you I had my full balance shipped within a day so can’t complain about much beyond them being so unprofessional.

Your big mistake was telling him you’re an “edge player”. If you’ve got a decent withdrawal history he will look for a reason to kick you out and you played right into his little midget hands.
    Is this for real? That's what they told you?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

+1.5 should've been -1250 or so when up 5-0..... id ban someone for trying to reach into my pocket with my back turned also. don't think you're a bad guy, just bet at heritage or something.

1234 ... Last