The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Have you guys heard of Luke Heimlich?

I've never heard of him until this evening.

He's a 22 year old, college baseball pitching phenom for Oregon State, and easily has the talent to be a top pick.

And then there's the other side of Luke Heimlich:

When he was a teenager he admitted to molesting his preschool aged niece over the course of a couple of years.

He's now a pariah, and rightfully so.

Good read, but a long read: https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/16/lu...h-oregon-state

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Yes, have followed the story for two years. College baseball fans largely feel that Heimlich's 2017 self-imposed suspension may have stopped Beavers from winning NCAAs.

The SI story was brilliant. How do u size up a story like this? So many angles.

It's such a disgusting story that it's barely fit for public consumption. One angle re: Heimlich is that he pretty much has to deny it at this point. If he ADMITS to it...that would pretty much be an un-forgivable crime that would kill his career.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would not touch this guy

It is one crime you cannot forgive and never get cured

PASS

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

yes been hearing about him for the past week or so.

I think I remember a story a few years back when he first started pitching in college

JJ is correct on this one

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

it will be a PR nightmare for the team that ends up drafting him.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

this is why there are youthful offender statutes

how many other prospects did something worse and had the records expunged?

he was a young kid, maybe he didn't even do anything, who knows... 4 year olds like to say gross stuff and live in their own world

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

pass

Cardinals01
    Cardinals01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6827

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Yes, have followed the story for two years. College baseball fans largely feel that Heimlich's 2017 self-imposed suspension may have stopped Beavers from winning NCAAs.

The SI story was brilliant. How do u size up a story like this? So many angles.

It's such a disgusting story that it's barely fit for public consumption. One angle re: Heimlich is that he pretty much has to deny it at this point. If he ADMITS to it...that would pretty much be an un-forgivable crime that would kill his career.
    Chucky - Agree with your thoughts above. The SI piece is very well written, provides thoughts from both sides. This is a situation where only Heimlich knows the real truth, how much are you going to believe a guy accused then plead guilty of the charges (but stated he never actually did it).
    Tough situation for that family, can’t imagine.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've never heard of him until this evening.

He's a 22 year old, college baseball pitching phenom for Oregon State, and easily has the talent to be a top pick.

And then there's the other side of Luke Heimlich:

When he was a teenager he admitted to molesting his preschool aged niece over the course of a couple of years.

He's now a pariah, and rightfully so.

Good read, but a long read: https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/16/lu...h-oregon-state
    giant i thought the heimlich maneuver was something to save lives

my world has been flipped upside down

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

He will NEVER be drafted

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

He doesn't have the talent to be a top pick.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

He claims he copped to the plea so it wouldn't destroy his family. Who knows what the truth is?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

he was a young kid, maybe he didn't even do anything, who knows... 4 year olds like to say gross stuff and live in their own world
    From what I had read, the little girl was pretty descriptive about what happened.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

She was six and six year olds know whats going on, they’re not living in their ownblittle world making up lies about sexual abuse. Most have no clue about anything they’re describing except for the fact it happened to them

He doesnt get a pass because “nobody knows” or nobody witnessed it. If their is enough circumstantial evidence its easy to find him guilty both in court and the court of public opinion

The Giant

Through the first 10 rounds, he hasn't been chosen.

Tomorrow there are 30 rounds, and the experts seem to think someone will take a flyer on him.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Was he doing the heimlich maneuver?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

He could always coach at Penn State.
    Points Awarded:

thetrinity gave 19th Hole 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Was he doing the heimlich maneuver?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

I heard he used to trade baseball cards with Jared Fogle.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

this is a tough one to deal with

he will probably end up being picked today even though hes not on everyones board, too good to pass up

I think he probably did do it, but it seems that experts and stats seem to suggest that this probably wont happen again

a rare good piece by a news outlet

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    She was six and six year olds know whats going on, they’re not living in their ownblittle world making up lies about sexual abuse. Most have no clue about anything they’re describing except for the fact it happened to them

He doesnt get a pass because “nobody knows” or nobody witnessed it. If their is enough circumstantial evidence its easy to find him guilty both in court and the court of public opinion
    ok i thought she was 4-5 based on the article

when my daughter was that age she would repeatedly say that she pooped on her brother's face when he was sleeping

if there was enough evidence then they wouldn't have done that low of a plea bargain right?

this info should've remained sealed/expunged... when i was 15 i was so horny i would've rubbed my dick up against anything

The Giant

Undrafted.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

No team will take a chance

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

But with a sick perv twist ..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

i'm guessing zero. based on your two responses in this thread you are a total friggin disgusting weirdo.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

VeggieDog

Collusion. Let Kaep help you with your lawsuit.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Undrafted.
    Wow. Guy's career is over. If u extract the legal issue...he would have future earning potential > $20Mill.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

good...moral of the story....don't rape your niece

chasincoin954
    chasincoin954's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 188

ur about 2 years late pal

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    good...moral of the story....don't rape your niece
    To Parents of children reading in - Better yet raise your children up right and they won't rape the niece. As much as you hate to go to church on Sunday mornings fight the power and take your kids to church on Sunday kicking and screaming if need be.. Kids listen and you need to plant that moral seed early on, kids pay more attention to the little things in life more then us adults.. They remember the little things as you did as a child.. Teach them right and wrong early on, teach them the 10 commandments..

Put the fear of GOD and Hell in them.. Always show them love though, encourage them to be the best they can be in life... They look up to you.. That's on you now!!! Good parenting is our future. Invest time in your kids and your kids will invest their time in humanity...

That's my moral post for the day, back to the games now... .. State and Cavs in a close one...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    To Parents of children reading in - Better yet raise your children up right and they won't rape the niece. As much as you hate to go to church on Sunday mornings fight the power and take your kids to church on Sunday kicking and screaming if need be.. Kids listen and you need to plant that moral seed early on, kids pay more attention to the little things in life more then us adults.. They remember the little things as you did as a child.. Teach them right and wrong early on, teach them the 10 commandments..

Put the fear of GOD and Hell in them.. Always show them love though, encourage them to be the best they can be in life... They look up to you.. That's on you now!!! Good parenting is our future. Invest time in your kids and your kids will invest their time in humanity...

That's my moral post for the day, back to the games now... .. State and Cavs in a close one...
    common teddyb...you dont have to take your kids to church to keep them from raping kids....

it didnt work for catholic priests FFS

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

His father is a church pastor.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

You are pretty sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    He claims he copped to the plea so it wouldn't destroy his family. Who knows what the truth is?
    diddling his 6 year old niece didn’t destroy the family?
    ok i thought she was 4-5 based on the article

when my daughter was that age she would repeatedly say that she pooped on her brother's face when he was sleeping

if there was enough evidence then they wouldn't have done that low of a plea bargain right?

this info should've remained sealed/expunged... when i was 15 i was so horny i would've rubbed my dick up against anything
    Somebody send to catch a predator to Milwaukee asap.

Church? You mean the #1 pedophilia organization in the world?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Lol, give me a break fellas I'm on mission from God!!!

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    His father is a church pastor.
    I think I see the problem.

12 Last