Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Which game was your biggest loss/ worst beat in sports betting?

Please share your bad beats / biggest losses in sports betting.

Would love to hear your stories. If this thread has been created before I apologize.

Your largest win? Thanks guys!

I lost 1000 betting against the Leafs. I think the Bruins were -120 on the ML. I've lost 2-3 other bets around 700.

I won around 1100 on this game. Flyers were +125 on the ML.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I bet 5k on the texans, vs patriots as a 1.5 underdog when pats were starting their 3rd string when brissett.

For 3 days I said "this line doesn't make any sense."

Then I saw osweiler throw 4 passes and I understood the line. Holy hell is he bad. Lost 27-0.

Bet against pats in the hawks super bowl, and in the Atlanta super bowl 2k each time, those were both gut punches.

Best sports bet and moment of entire life, bet 4K on Portland to beat rockets for the series as 2.5 to 1 dogs. Lillard hit the buzzer beater to win the series and I was 7 rows up. Favorite game of all time.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Those are off the top of my head, taken worst beats and had amazing comebacks. Most money I've made is on last years finals series and finals MVP bets

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Tough call, I remember when I lost some very big bets but nothing really stands out.. I know I lost 5 gees one night betting the black jack tables in Vegas one night drunk years and years ago when it really mattered... Bye bye 5 gees.. Big deal back then for me.. I was in my early 20's...

I don't lose my ass regularly in gambling these days because I'm a grinder.. Stay fairly consistent in my bet sizing on all books..

I did lose maybe the most ever in the UFC super event that happened a few years ago.. I got rocked for alot... Like 10 gees.. Pissed me off. Took a while to make that money back in gambling too.. I was posting in the MMA section at the time.. Got absolutely lit up in that super UFC event and I let it ride..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-29-18 at 02:34 AM.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lost a big amount when Indy scored a td with no time left & fuckennn Fisher decided to go for a meaningless 2 point conversion and lost by the hook

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

1500 on seahawks PK
    500 on lynch to win super bowl mvp +250 or higher i dont even want to remember

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't remember bad beats. I do remember stupid wagers though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

1000 last leg on two game pargay, butler hits a half court shot to beat marquette in maui tourny. never will i forget

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

I have a tie
    1.) Exactly 1 year ago to the day yesterday.
    White Sox blew a 6 run 9th inning lead to Cleveland , cost me an absolute shitton .
    2.) Ravens to win SB by 4-6 pts @ 7:1 about 5 years back
    They take a safety with like 10 seconds left to win by 3
    Understand the reasoning , just horrific luck it goes down like it did .

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hillary to win

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

a single bet would be 7000 to win 11500 on the whitesox against tigers many years ago

twice ive lost over 20,000 coming down to the last game on a parlay, 1 was a 3 teamer, 1 was a 6 teamer....as in, it wasnt 1 game that lost, it was the specific last one (well, i didnt lose the 20,000 both times..i didnt win the 20,000 i meant)

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

Rudy is in the lead with that post. Geez buddy that 6 teamer is brutal

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

It's kind of a personal question, isn't it?

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

A few years back I had a 10 or 12 team parlay opening round of March Maddness.
    When I checked my Ticket only loss was Duke in the opening round they were #2
    and like a 10 point favorite , I had them on the ML, and they lost the game.
    Ticket would of paid like 20k or so I think I had $100 or less in it.
    I should of kept it but tore it up after checking it I dont even know how many times.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Rudy is in the lead with that post. Geez buddy that 6 teamer is brutal
    and they lost the fukkin lead in the bottom of 8th innning

i believe the game was indians/tigers

i was at a sports trivia. you cant use phones obviously, so i was looking at bottom scores on tv and was like holy f i think my games are winning

i was still watching sportscenter at that time, so when i got home i saw that they blew it and how

the 3teamer was winning in the 3rd inning then lost..rangers and a's i think

RudyRuetigger

lets face it, everyones biggest game should be their biggest lost

because when you win, you bet even higher

only bitches quit after betting their biggest amount ever and WINNING

El Terrible

This wasn't my worst, over the years I've had jockeys fall off horses with 10 length leads in the stretch and have been the victim of just about every kind of desiaster imaginable, but this one hurt particulary bad because my whole family was on this one big. We were high fiving, doing celebration shots and lighting Cohiba Explinditos when to our abject horror, this happened. We were so confused by it that it took about 45 seconds to even undertand just what the hell just happened...I crumpled to my knees, head in hands. If Steve Spurrier were standing before me at that moment, he'd be dead right now

http://www.businessinsider.com/ncaa-...llions-2011-10

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

2001 giants- vikings playoff game had over 41.5 game was at 41-0 with about 11 min left in the 3rd quarter and they never scored again was a killer

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Agreed Rudy.

A gambler always loses his biggest bet.

I lost a shit ton of dimes when Ray Allen sunk a buzzer beating 3 against the Spurs to go to OT. I was loaded up on this game and loaded up live at nearly all my outs on the Spurs...

I also lost a shit ton on live contracts at WSEX. I had Wisconsin Badger in NCAAB to win with a heavy lead and they melted down.

El Terrible

One time a bet Luke Walton UNDER 5.5 points, he had zero with 10 seconds left, then and he hit 2 three point shots and one was a steal and a buzzer beating half court shot he took for no aparent reason.

xxchisox05xx
    xxchisox05xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

This isn't the worst loss - but hell of a story. Last year a few of my buddies put $50, $75, etc. on a parlay, it was a total of $350 to win $18k. First game Saturday they had the Eagles (underdogs) over the Falcons, second game Saturday they had the Patriots -14 over the Titans. First game Sunday they had the Jaguars over the Steelers and last game of the weekend they had the SAINTS over the Vikings. I'm sure many of you remember how that game ended....

El Terrible

I had a Pick 6 that was gonna pay 36k at Arlinton Park in the early 80's- I had the favorite "Play in peoria" (Yeah I remember his name) in the last race and he stalked the leaders, took a lead at the top the strech, increased his lead to 2 1/2 lengths mid stretch and got tired and got clipped at the wire by a nose..

I was trembling..with emotions..

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    I bet 5k on the texans, vs patriots as a 1.5 underdog when pats were starting their 3rd string when brissett.

For 3 days I said "this line doesn't make any sense."

Then I saw osweiler throw 4 passes and I understood the line. Holy hell is he bad. Lost 27-0.

Bet against pats in the hawks super bowl, and in the Atlanta super bowl 2k each time, those were both gut punches.

Best sports bet and moment of entire life, bet 4K on Portland to beat rockets for the series as 2.5 to 1 dogs. Lillard hit the buzzer beater to win the series and I was 7 rows up. Favorite game of all time.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by El Terrible View Post
    This wasn't my worst, over the years I've had jockeys fall off horses with 10 length leads in the stretch and have been the victim of just about every kind of desiaster imaginable, but this one hurt particulary bad because my whole family was on this one big. We were high fiving, doing celebration shots and lighting Cohiba Explinditos when to our abject horror, this happened. We were so confused by it that it took about 45 seconds to even undertand just what the hell just happened...I crumpled to my knees, head in hands. If Steve Spurrier were standing before me at that moment, he'd be dead right now

http://www.businessinsider.com/ncaa-...llions-2011-10
    That one is BAD

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    2001 giants- vikings playoff game had over 41.5 game was at 41-0 with about 11 min left in the 3rd quarter and they never scored again was a killer

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24238

I had a lot riding on 2012 Packers vs Seahawks game when the replacement refs were working. What a f-ing disaster that final play was. Cost me about $8k when it was all said and done.

Last edited by Coolcanuck79; 05-29-18 at 12:19 PM.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Around 25kE put on Jarmila Gajdosova 2015. Dont remember who she play with but she had lead all the time,and eventualy lost in 3rd ste TB.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i have had many bad beats but the one that comes to mind is a pick 3 ticket. I had 3 out of 5 horses in the race. i hit a 50-1 maiden and also senior limey went off 10-1. In the final leg i had a 3/5,8/5 and 9/2. The cheapest paid 10,000. I had a friend that has since past offer me 1000 for half the ticket. I told him i been a loser on gambling all my life so i wasn't. Brent bartram fell off the 8/5. My other two were banging down the lane and i lost it. the pic 3 paid 25,000

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Worst beats were the 3.5 spreads in NFL. The hook got me once bad.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

Two stories....both from college when i was a huge degen and was making good money playing on pokerstars/fulltilt while barely passing classes bc im gambling and partying way too hard in Madison with unlimited funds when it comes to being a college kid.

Both of these happened within like a month of each other and had me seriously depressed for a short time. I had about 1300 in my 5dimes acct one sunday afternoon and made my baseball plays including my daily 15 teamer for kicks. That Sunday I had a perfect afternoon going 14-14 leaving just sunday night baseball as my last leg on a 10$ wager to win 100K$. I had about 30 minutes notice when the final west coast game ended to scramble and try and figure out a way to hedge / middle a bunch but there was just not enough time and I didn't have the rolodex of degens a non 20 year old kid on this site possesses. So after failing to figure out a way to put like 20k or more as much as possible on the opposing team who in this case was texas I gave up. Years later someone told me I probably could have asked to speak with wagering and they may have cut me a deal on a bet of that amount but hindsight is 20/20. I ended up just getting amped for the White Sox with a few buddies of mine who were big pale hoe fans from chicago. They told me John Danks was on the mound and he had a bunch of friends and family in the crowd there to see him and it got me fired up. I decided to put like 2700 on texas+1.5 to win 1500 or whatever so i could win both bets if cws won by 1. The Rangers were up like 7-0 by the 2nd inning and won the game 13-1. I drank about 30 beers and laid in bed for a week straight taking xanax, wathching season after season of the wire and just ordering food before I got out of the fog and let it go.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

In college I was the only one in my group who knew a bookie, a real Italian leg-breaker bookie. All my buds would call me with their picks and I would call them in to Tony. Of course my pals lost more than they won (with many bad beats along the way) so at the end of each week I had to chase 'em down to collect, then go settle up with my guy (even when sometimes I had personally done well). Many times I had to do a lot more work collecting their debts than I preferred.

After a few months of this ridiculous scenario I decided that I wouldn't phone their plays into Tony but rather I'd take the risk of making book myself with their plays and only phone in my own to Tony. When my buds bet the Yankees, logically I would be vested in the Yankee's opponent, and so on and so on. Instantly I realized something that still I cannot explain. THE BOOKIE GETS ALL THE BREAKS! My buds just kept losing and losing, and the bad beats always seems to go against the guy who made the bet.....not the guy who accepted the bet. I would still suffer my own bad beats on the plays I personally phoned in, but on the plays I made book on I seemed to have incredible luck.

Eventually I told my buds I wouldn't take any more of their bets, and told them to find their own bookie. I was giving up a cash cow, but the guilt of benefiting off their losses finally got to me. I've been wagering now for many years, and have learned a few tricks along the way. But it's always stuck with me that, for reasons unknown, GOD LOVES BOOKIES. Joe Q. Public will have more bad beats than he will have good luck. And you can book it!

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10723

I would probably be the Lord of insane bad beats. I seem when i get on bad runs to have the most insane losses. From even the other night where the Rockies B9th down 1 had bases loaded 0 outs and did not score. Stuff like that.

But the most bizarre loss i cannot even remember the teams but i had an over and needed 1 more run to win . Guy on 3rd 1 out. He scores i win. Ball hit deep for easy score. I am happy thinking guy scores. Even the outfielder did not bother throwing home. When the ball got to the shortstop everyone was kind of looking confused . The guy on 3rd just stopped midway to home plate and just stood there. They just walked over confused and tug him out. Turns out as he was running home someone in the crowd yelled "Stop" so he did. He thought the 3rd base coach yelled it but it wasn't him.

HossWilbur
    Can't Stop The Chop
    HossWilbur's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10645

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcanuck79 View Post
    I had a lot riding on 2012 Packers vs Seahawks game when the replacement refs were working. What a f-ing disaster that final play was. Cost me about $8k when it was all said and done.

Lost $500 on that one. Still remember watching it and nonchalantly thinking "Perfect, replay will easily correct this." ...Little did I know

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5417

I was on the lucky end of one of the worst bad beats I have ever seen.

I was booking some big players in the 90's and in the 1996 USC-ASU football game, I opened the game ASU -8.5 and the whole world steamed USC. Before I could get the game down to 7, they had already bet me $40k on USC +7.5-8.5.

USC stormed out to a 14-0 lead and lead by 7-14 the whole game until ASU scored with a minute left to put it into overtime. ASU scored a touchdown on their overtime drive, then USC had the ball. USC's QB then threw an incomplete forward pass that an ASU linebacker picked up and ran 86 yards for a touchdown.

This turnaround was worth over $100k to me including parlays.

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

deleted
    Last edited by Degenregen; 05-30-18 at 02:35 AM.

12 Last