Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I was on the lucky end of one of the worst bad beats I have ever seen.

I was booking some big players in the 90's and in the 1996 USC-ASU football game, I opened the game ASU -8.5 and the whole world steamed USC. Before I could get the game down to 7, they had already bet me $40k on USC +7.5-8.5.

USC stormed out to a 14-0 lead and lead by 7-14 the whole game until ASU scored with a minute left to put it into overtime. ASU scored a touchdown on their overtime drive, then USC had the ball. USC's QB then threw an incomplete forward pass that an ASU linebacker picked up and ran 86 yards for a touchdown.

This turnaround was worth over $100k to me including parlays.

Wow! This one takes the cake. HTF was that not an incomplete forward pass?!

And it makes perfect sense to me that you were the bookie, who got this incredible gift. The bookies get just about every lucky break!!

I've worked both sides of the window. I know this as one of life's certainties.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I got beat on this one in 2006.......

Was down a lot to my guy. Decided to win it all back by betting Peavy over the LA Dodgers. (Always a bad idea!)

Figured a low-scoring game. Wrong!

But San Diego took a 9-5 lead into the bottom of 9th. 4 straight solo homers by L.A! Shook my head, but somehow managed to get out of the inning tied. Padres score one in top of 10, then proceed to give up a 2 run dinger in the bottom.

This one was painful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK__GysKlUc

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Losing side = -20k on a baseball straight moneyline

Nowadays going much smaller. But I will get there again.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Manny pacquiao vs timothy bradley..had 2k on pac to win by decision..goes the distance, and pac loses in one of the worst robberies in boxing history..it was so bad that some books refunded your money if you bet it, havent bet boxing since

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

I had the UNDER in a White Sox/Mariners game and it was 0-0 going into the 14th then this happened..

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Manny pacquiao vs timothy bradley..had 2k on pac to win by decision..goes the distance, and pac loses in one of the worst robberies in boxing history..it was so bad that some books refunded your money if you bet it, havent bet boxing since
    OH YEAH I remember this! I was on Bradley for 40-50 bucks lol

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

maybe 20

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Biggest win trump at +700 or something in the 7’s, worse beat was going all in on bama for like 4K in the 2017 bowl game vs Clemson 31-35 never forget Clemson putting up 21 in the 4th....another notable win broncos panthers Super Bowl was all over Denver ml for a few racks

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

2007. UFC. Mirko Cro Cop won the grand prix in japan and the UFC decided to sign this guy and they prayed to god that he wins the HW title because they needed a big HW star.

The guy wins his debut against Sanchez and they give him a main event spot in his 2nd UFC fight. I bet 1k € straight on Mirko because I was insane and thought I had it figured out.

Mirko loses in one of the most devastating MMA ko's you will ever see against Gonzaga. I sat there watching the replays and listening to Rogans fukkin voice and my brain was spinning.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Had about 4 grand on Miami game 2 finals vs. Dallas.

Threw up that night.

Never seen anything like it in all my years watching basketball.

Still haven't to this day.

Lost a shit ton on that series too. Thousands.

Patriots ML against the Giants in the superbowl rematch. Lost big on that one.

Been some other big games where I've lost a lot.

I always feel the needs to bet heaviest on the big games, even though I know it's just another game.

I'm fukked in the head.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    2007. UFC. Mirko Cro Cop won the grand prix in japan and the UFC decided to sign this guy and they prayed to god that he wins the HW title because they needed a big HW star.

The guy wins his debut against Sanchez and they give him a main event spot in his 2nd UFC fight. I bet 1k € straight on Mirko because I was insane and thought I had it figured out.

Mirko loses in one of the most devastating MMA ko's you will ever see against Gonzaga. I sat there watching the replays and listening to Rogans fukkin voice and my brain was spinning.
    that head kick!

fukkin brutal!

this was back when the UFC was actually watchable

i used to be a huge fan, get together with the boys every 2-3 months for a super card of randy, chuck and tim....now there is a fukkin event every week and its like a second job to keep up with it

i miss watching the UFC sometimes but to me its not the same as it was...sad

First 12