Bucketwah
    Bucketwah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

From doubtful to probable in 6 hours issue

Embiid is now probable after being listed doubtful 6 hours ago. Being a philly fan, of course im happy. However, with the nba wanting an equity stake when sports betting becomes legal which will happen eventually, something of this nature cannot happen. Anyone else’s thoughts?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Whether NBA has a stake or not, betting issues should never be a consideration for any sport.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    Embiid is now probable after being listed doubtful 6 hours ago. Being a philly fan, of course im happy. However, with the nba wanting an equity stake when sports betting becomes legal which will happen eventually, something of this nature cannot happen. Anyone else’s thoughts?
    I disagree.

Not only can it happen, it does happen and it's not unusual.
    Some guys are listed as a game time decision. It doesn't get any later than that...

This shit is going to happen. More often than not a large time frame of 6 hours will lead to an overreaction in the market.

For those who understand why the line opens where it does and moves to where it closes, this can represent a nice advantage and possible betting opportunity.

Bucketwah

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I disagree.

Not only can it happen, it does happen and it's not unusual.
    Some guys are listed as a game time decision. It doesn't get any later than that...

This shit is going to happen. More often than not a large time frame of 6 hours will lead to an overreaction in the market.

For those who understand why the line opens where it does and moves to where it closes, this can represent a nice advantage and possible betting opportunity.

Yeah It does happen alot now but when sports betting becomes legal in the us which could happen very soon, there may be restrictions on things of this sort especially if the leagues are getting a cut of the $ being wagered.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

They won't touch the injury reporting rules just because it's more widespread.

Legalizing doesn't mean regulating and it will likely still be "gamble at your own risk."

If they regulate then our commissions will go up to the point where large market money and groups will migrate to other markets.

They could ruin the landscape just to have a common, but not good, sense betting public.

It seems books both benefit and suffer from regulation.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I see your point though Bucket.

They'll cry for legalization, then bitch about intricacies like injury reporting, then eventually ruin it with protests and change that require regulations.

All the time we end up paying -120 or -125 for sides and totals.

I could see it happening.

Bucketwah

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I see your point though Bucket.

They'll cry for legalization, then bitch about intricacies like injury reporting, then eventually ruin it with protests and change that require regulations.

All the time we end up paying -120 or -125 for sides and totals.

I could see it happening.
    Yeah it should be interesting. The supreme court hearing should be anytime now
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Bucketwah 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.