Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Prediction: McDaniels and Patricia will fail terribly

Lakerboy touched on Patricia a bit, but I wanted to put this out there and maybe dig it up again later regardless of the outcome.

First off, we can state the obvious -- no coordinators under Belichick have gone on to succeed as head coaches. Just like taking a former Patriots player, it's never a good idea. Belichick is the reason any of them are as "good" as they are.

Weiss had the personality to do it I thought, and even he failed badly, everywhere. McDaniels and Patricia don't even have that.

On McDaniels -- People grow and get better, I get that, but this guy has anti-charisma, and it's going to do him in. Remember that shit with Jay Cutler? McDaniels comes over from the Patriots while Cutler is renegotiating his contract, and McDaniels just up and brings his own guy with him (Was it Matt Cassel?), prompting Jay to look elsewhere.

McDaniels then gets on TV with a stupid grin, holding a Jay Cutler jersey, saying "C'mon buddy, this is your home" like he was talking to a child. Right there I know no matter how many gadget plays or fun formations he was bringing to the table, he was finished. Cutler as we all know told him to fukk off, as he should have.

People just don't want to follow him. This is horrible for a head coach. He'll get fired and end up an OC somewhere else. Maybe the Colts think they're getting another Sean McVay just because he's a young offensive mind. McDaniels is about as different from McVay as it gets.

On Patricia -- He didn't even run the defense in NE, Belichick did. I don't get why this guy was so sought after in the first place. I've seen interviews too, nothing about him screams "this guy is totally ready to be a HC". I don't have much more on him, go to lakerboy's thread for more there. Just as far as trying to read people goes, I'm not optimistic here.

Agree/disagree?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

depends on who they get as their offensive and defensive cordinators, good assistant coaches make all the difference

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Totally agree. McDaniels has a slight chance if luck can return from health issues.

I don't like him at all. He has an attitude problem.

Ralphie Halves

I'm not even sure McDaniels getting good coordinators will help in the long run. Nobody wants to follow this guy. Even coordinators.

I think there will be a bit of a spike with the Colts just because it's something different, but the honeymoon will end quickly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you do not have a great QB you LOSE NFL

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree 100%. Both will fail.

I could see Patricia saying the wrong thing... and losing the team within 2 months during the season.

Both aren't going to be successful solo.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I don't know why either of them were up for jobs to begin with. Detroit and Indy get the scraps from an empty table
    Last edited by seaborneq; 02-09-18 at 03:41 AM.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Of course it is a LONG shot. Basically, in any given year, there are only 8-10 successful HC in the league.

Depending on where U set the bar, any new HC in the NFL is facing an uphill battle.
    Vrabel. 1 year as a DC. Gets a HC job. Crazy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Of course it is a LONG shot. Basically, in any given year, there are only 8-10 successful HC in the league.

Depending on where U set the bar, any new HC in the NFL is facing an uphill battle.
    Vrabel. 1 year as a DC. Gets a HC job. Crazy.
    Yes but Vrabel will do better because he has a great work ethic

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

And now McDaniels sealed his fate today he will never be a head coach outside of New England. Had an agreement with the Colts and left them out to dry along with his assistants who already signed contracts with Indy. "The Patriot Way"

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Good call, Ralphie. McD didn't even get to Indy.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Good call, Ralphie. McD didn't even get to Indy.
    Rumor has it that McDaniels saw this thread and got cold feet.

Ralphie Halves

Yeah, there goes that.

Standing by my prediction and saying he'll still fail as a HC wherever he goes.

And turning down Irsay IMO won't brand him too badly. Teams just wanna win.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He was scared of facing Bortles twice a year.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave rm18 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Head Coaching way different than coordinators

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Agree with OP

After giving up 41 to the Eagles, I felt bad for the Lions. the Lions are gonna have a lot of points scored on them.

McDaniels staying put is a good move.
    Indy has a busted up O-line, brittle QB. Mediocre defense. Nah, not worth it.

New England was a handful of plays from winning it all, and they should be back if they can get a good D.C.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Agree with OP

After giving up 41 to the Eagles, I felt bad for the Lions. the Lions are gonna have a lot of points scored on them.

McDaniels staying put is a good move.
    Indy has a busted up O-line, brittle QB. Mediocre defense. Nah, not worth it.

New England was a handful of plays from winning it all, and they should be back if they can get a good D.C.
    Be Back where man? They are a hot mess. Holes everywhere, especially on D.
    They are 6+ players away from sniffing their past success.
    Smoke and mirrors this year to get there.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Belichick should run the defense. That’s their best chance to get back to the super bowl. If there’s a patriots vs eagles part deux, slam the patriots.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Be Back where man? They are a hot mess. Holes everywhere, especially on D.
    They are 6+ players away from sniffing their past success.
    Smoke and mirrors this year to get there.
    Okay(I don't agree with you, but -)
    How about this-
    O.C. on a team that will very likely win the AFC East as long as your 41 year old QB holds up

Or, finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC south, depending on how bad the Texans are.

Another thing people aren't talking about is that Indianapolis fans are not too happy in taking on a Patriot re-tread.
    McDaniels would have to deal with dumpster fire in Indy, compared to New England

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1683

Lions are on the rise. It's more about having Caldwell not making dumb choices anymore Than whoever the new guy is

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Lions are on the rise. It's more about having Caldwell not making dumb choices anymore Than whoever the new guy is
    Even though I'm not a big fan of Caldwell.... at least he played conservative and gave Detroit a chance to win on majority of the final drives of every game. I felt like... he was one of the better coaches Detroit has had in a very long time.

Bringing Trish in.... I think it's a very bad choice. He looks like a caveman. Not a HC in the NFL.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Lakerboy touched on Patricia a bit, but I wanted to put this out there and maybe dig it up again later regardless of the outcome.

First off, we can state the obvious -- no coordinators under Belichick have gone on to succeed as head coaches. Just like taking a former Patriots player, it's never a good idea. Belichick is the reason any of them are as "good" as they are.

Weiss had the personality to do it I thought, and even he failed badly, everywhere. McDaniels and Patricia don't even have that.

On McDaniels -- People grow and get better, I get that, but this guy has anti-charisma, and it's going to do him in. Remember that shit with Jay Cutler? McDaniels comes over from the Patriots while Cutler is renegotiating his contract, and McDaniels just up and brings his own guy with him (Was it Matt Cassel?), prompting Jay to look elsewhere.

McDaniels then gets on TV with a stupid grin, holding a Jay Cutler jersey, saying "C'mon buddy, this is your home" like he was talking to a child. Right there I know no matter how many gadget plays or fun formations he was bringing to the table, he was finished. Cutler as we all know told him to fukk off, as he should have.

People just don't want to follow him. This is horrible for a head coach. He'll get fired and end up an OC somewhere else. Maybe the Colts think they're getting another Sean McVay just because he's a young offensive mind. McDaniels is about as different from McVay as it gets.

On Patricia -- He didn't even run the defense in NE, Belichick did. I don't get why this guy was so sought after in the first place. I've seen interviews too, nothing about him screams "this guy is totally ready to be a HC". I don't have much more on him, go to lakerboy's thread for more there. Just as far as trying to read people goes, I'm not optimistic here.

Agree/disagree?
    I think Patricia works out. Not sold on McDaniels after what I saw in Denver.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    Belichick should run the defense.
    I think he pretty much does! That's why I saw no value in Patricia.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

2018-19 will be the last chance for Brady and Big Ben to win a Superbowl. Both will be too old after the 2018-19 season. I just grabbed Pitt at +950. Next season the Pats play the Steelers in Pitt. Another Pitt loss to the Pats at home and Tomlin can say good bye to his job.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

If it happens that Belichick takes over defense duties, the Patriots comeback with a vengeance next year.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Guess McDaniels is up next in ne.

Patricia hire was terrible