Obama's KGB style Intel community being unmasked

sad sad news for America

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Is this going to go all day?
    My uncle is getting nervous about his 401k
    Market is/was over extended. Earnings solid but hard to justify some of these valuations. Add in Treasury yields rising near or over 3% and you have a recipe for selling.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol it cannot go up all the time

over reaction like usual

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

lol it cannot go up all the time

over reaction like usual
    Different this time JJ. With Treasuries rising and wages growing the Fed's will raise interest rates faster. This leads to companies with debt having to pay more. Throw in higher credit card rates, auto loans, mortgages, etc and things will slow down.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Not sure how a 401K works, but as we know from the BTC debacle, we can bolt when things go sour.

I don't know if a Interest Rate increase necessarily means an increase in say, a CD rate. I asked a bank CS rep once and she wasn't very helpful. "It might, but might not"

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Trump economy kicking in.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Trump economy kicking in.
    Ha. OK, nice counterpunch.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Don't get distracted OTTO. Let's pound some winners!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Thanks Trump!

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Not sure how a 401K works, but as we know from the BTC debacle, we can bolt when things go sour.

I don't know if a Interest Rate increase necessarily means an increase in say, a CD rate. I asked a bank CS rep once and she wasn't very helpful. "It might, but might not"
    If you don't plan on taking the retirement funds for 5 years or more you are perfectly fine. Only hurts people near retirement and they should be less in stocks and more in fixed income as they near the "finish" line.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

-341 is a plunge?

TheMoneyShot

How about Bitcoin dropping -10k from it's highest point? Now that's a plunge.

MRivera42
    MRivera42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 94

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    -341 is a plunge?
    it's a significant drop but i expect more of the same next week

TheMoneyShot

Must be companies FALSE NUMBERS being reported the last 1.5 years.

CORRECTION TIME

Roscoe_Word

How about Bitcoin dropping -10k from it's highest point? Now that's a plunge.
    Yep.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Fake news, folks. There's absolutely no plunge, no plunge whatsoever.

99% of toothless, Grizzly spiting deplorables, acting like they know what NYSE stands for, let alone that market's ups and downs will somehow affect their Food Stamps portfolio ... PRICELESS !

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

dow plunge?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Just remind your uncle where it was last year at this time.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I have a different take in this.

I honestly believe that a significant amount of money was invested recently on margin from BTC and since BTC has collapsed you are seeing margin calls being made that are followinf 24-48 hours after substantial BTC declines.

I do not know what the actual dollar figure would be for this, but when trades are forced that are outside the standard deviation of trading algorithms it can trigger institutional selling and huge declines and volatility, such as we are seeing lately.

Market will keep rising so long as GOP holds 1 house of congress to at least block any tax increases in the future.

Higher rates could be goid as US banking is lagging and as companies sit on more cash it's now worth more!

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

I honestly believe that a significant amount of money was invested recently on margin from BTC and since BTC has collapsed you are seeing margin calls being made that are followinf 24-48 hours after substantial BTC declines.

I do not know what the actual dollar figure would be for this, but when trades are forced that are outside the standard deviation of trading algorithms it can trigger institutional selling and huge declines and volatility, such as we are seeing lately.

Market will keep rising so long as GOP holds 1 house of congress to at least block any tax increases in the future.

Higher rates could be goid as US banking is lagging and as companies sit on more cash it's now worth more!
    Nowhere near enough BTC futures to drive the markets down 1.5%. I believe only around 4k open interest. We are falling because the Fed is going to have to raise rates faster than anticipated. Wage growth is finally taking hold and treasuries are creeping higher.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I acknowledge your point but also the Fed did not raise rates at last meeting and even if they did it would signal a recovery....

In any event, what I was emphasising was that BCN is now a part of many households assets. It is tanking and people get their confidence shaken by that and pull out of investments to cover margin and or pull money from market to reinvest in BCN at lower price.

The volatility we are seeing lately is minor compared to 4th qtr 2015 when pure computer trading caused 10% declines in a week!

TheMoneyShot

Nice outlook.... but... I agree with A4K... it's just the market correcting itself. How many big gains should the DOW make each and every day? It's been doing extremely well. I love how financial gurus make their reasoning as to a collapse. From CNBC to FOX Money... it's 100% all bullsh#$ opinions. They all act like a bunch of loonies when the sky is falling.

I wish someone would just say... hey look... we were due for a slip up.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Yep silly to think it's always going to go up.. There are always going to be crashes.. Still over 25,000... Bond market turmoil and the Memo release maybe is responsible for rocking the market today?

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&t...SPA5ybroAO_5:0

A4K

I acknowledge your point but also the Fed did not raise rates at last meeting and even if they did it would signal a recovery....

In any event, what I was emphasising was that BCN is now a part of many households assets. It is tanking and people get their confidence shaken by that and pull out of investments to cover margin and or pull money from market to reinvest in BCN at lower price.

The volatility we are seeing lately is minor compared to 4th qtr 2015 when pure computer trading caused 10% declines in a week!
    I'm sure some part of this decline is retail panic but the seismic shifts in certain equities are institutional players. I'm a derivatives trader as my profession and what makes me nervous are companies smashing the top and bottom of earnings and offering great guidance only to get hammered down at the open. I'm not seeing BIG player volume rushing in at key pivots any more. Going to keep my eye on the COT report next Friday. Need to see some institutional players staying long or it may be time to start hedging my long term investments and keep my trading account in all cash for the shirt term.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep silly to think it's always going to go up.. There are always going to be crashes.. Still over 25,000... Bond market turmoil and the Memo release maybe is responsible for rocking the market today?

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&t...SPA5ybroAO_5:0
    Absolutely ZERO to do with the memo. The down move was well before the memo was released.

A4K

Nice outlook.... but... I agree with A4K... it's just the market correcting itself. How many big gains should the DOW make each and every day? It's been doing extremely well. I love how financial gurus make their reasoning as to a collapse. From CNBC to FOX Money... it's 100% all bullsh#$ opinions. They all act like a bunch of loonies when the sky is falling.

I wish someone would just say... hey look... we were due for a slip up.
    CNBC = TMZ of business journalism.... If the markets are up they run 58 stories on why it will continue and the opposite on down days. So stupid.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Obama's KGB style Intel community being unmasked

sad sad news for America
    The memo was a total dud

Just the GOP trying to discredit and deflect from the Russian Investigation. They are going to get wrecked in the 2018 midterms

A4K

**** shitting the bed hard!

A4K

V i $ a

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Absolutely ZERO to do with the memo. The down move was well before the memo was released.
    I guess you are right about that...

A4K

This market just ****** the hottest girl on campus and it is bored. Until she does anal we won't move higher.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Trump asking his lawyers if he can just use a 5th bankruptcy if the DOW keeps dropping.

TheMoneyShot

When the DOW falls.... go to Crypto.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Trump asking his lawyers if he can just use a 5th bankruptcy if the DOW keeps dropping.
    I'm a MAGA guy brother, but I agree with ya there, those laws gotta change.

12 Last