A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Caught it on the radio. PbP guy was going bonkers, but he goes bonkers after every minor no-call for the other team, so I didn't think much of it.
    UNLV just had to inbound the ball and it was over.....Fresno State wasn't even defending up close. What does the kid for UNLV do? Chucks the ball out of bounds at midcourt and then suspiciously fouls on Fresno States inbound. Just didn't look right.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

A4K...........UNLV player was actually called for stepping on the baseline while making that pass. I saw the replay a few times, and if he touched the line, it was 1/8th of his big toe. Pretty interesting decision, and interesting call at that time of the game, when it was already essentially over, with regards to was going to win the game.

Their next inbound situation came after they fouled and Fresno hit both free throws, and it was about 0.5 seconds later. Then when we needed them to attempt that pass, or put forth some type of effort to score, they just handed the ball to the ref, lol.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

UNLV is notorious for throwing games.
    Goes all the way back to Tark.
    UNLV is probably the shadiest program in the last 40 years.
    I mean come on, there's published photos of three Rebels from the 90's championship teams including MVP Anderson Hunt hanging out in a hot tub with notorious sports fixer Richard Perry.

For you kiddies out there who were to young to remember UNLV had one of the best teams of this generation, Larry Johnson, Stacy Augmon, Greg Anthony and the best PG in the nation Anderson Hunt.

I remember watching the best PG in the nation (Hunt) during the regular season make such blatant out of bound passes to nobody in spots that would cause a sure fire UNLV cover against the spread into a ATS loss.

Hunt was poison, he was a cancer. (and others) cost Tark his job.
    How poisonous was Hunt? NCAA tourney MVP, the best (arguably) PG in the nation enters the 1991 draft, and gets ignored.
    Undrafted, no NBA franchise wanted any part of him.

Like I said, Rebels have been 'throwing' games for years.
    Not shocked.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    A4K...........UNLV player was actually called for stepping on the baseline while making that pass. I saw the replay a few times, and if he touched the line, it was 1/8th of his big toe. Pretty interesting decision, and interesting call at that time of the game, when it was already essentially over, with regards to was going to win the game.

Their next inbound situation came after they fouled and Fresno hit both free throws, and it was about 0.5 seconds later. Then when we needed them to attempt that pass, or put forth some type of effort to score, they just handed the ball to the ref, lol.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

remember ritchie the fixer. he was at the hard rock for the bash

http://gangsterreport.com/tark-shark...eams-mob-ties/

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Had Fresno.

I’ve seem that crap happen before and I’m always on the wrong end.

It was weird actually being on the right end of BS like this.

What’s weird is teams turn it over, intentionally foul with like 4 seconds when their down multiple possession. Then they don’t even attemp to score afterwards.

I’ve seen this numerous times and it always seems to affect the spread

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

You all are surprised the runnin rebs are shaving points again?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Coach is yelling foul, foul foul.......then he tells the guy to just roll the ball to the ref.
    Im not accusing anyone of point shaving, but I mean if that isnt suspicious, I dont know what is.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

In CBB? Can't help you. I can only tell you what not to do there, and I know, "after the fact", blah blah blah. I just see everyone here in town bellyaching after every UNLV game because they were on the wrong side, then I see it here, and I can't help but think "Jesus Christ, just avoid this team! Why do you hate money?" I may have come on a bit strong, but I just...keep.....seeing it.

In College Football, I had a lot more success betting teams like NCSt, CSU, Washington, etc because they were older at key positions, had good coaches that had put their systems in, and at the very least, I didn't have to worry about something retarded happening like you would with a team like Ole Miss or Baylor, who has loads of talent but will drive you insane and you can never get a good read on them.

Sometimes knowing what not to do is just as good, if not better as knowing what to do instead. From a guy who's been betting for 10 years, and has learned to completely avoid certain teams and even certain sports nowadays, that's where I'm able to help best.
    Awesome brother. So bringing it back to my question, please give me one team in any sport tonight who you would advise not betting on, or perhaps one that you would advise betting on. I can only assume that the team you advise not betting on will lose, based on your extensive expertise. Thanks brother.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    that's exactly how a lot of people felt that had the Vikes (-5.5) over the Saints a couple of weeks ago...after Stefon Diggs scored on that last second miraculous play for the game winning TD, Minny decides to take a knee instead of kicking the extra point!...final score 29 - 24...thank god I got my game in at (-4.5) or I would have been furious and irate as well.
    Not nearly the same thing. It is routine for teams to take a knee when scoring with no time left when the PAT is meaningless so they do not rub it in to the opponent. It is not routine to foul down 4 with seconds left only to dribble out the clock after the free throws. What was the point of fouling?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Awesome brother. So bringing it back to my question, please give me one team in any sport tonight who you would advise not betting on, or perhaps one that you would advise betting on. I can only assume that the team you advise not betting on will lose, based on your extensive expertise. Thanks brother.
    College basketball -- UNLV

chargers4222

College basketball -- UNLV
    They don't play tonight brother. Come on, do me a quick favor, just scan the card and find one of those inconsistent, unpredictable young teams, and I will fade them, per your advice. Let's do this brother, let's bring down the books once and for all.

Ralphie Halves

They don't play tonight brother. Come on, do me a quick favor, just scan the card and find one of those inconsistent, unpredictable young teams, and I will fade them, per your advice. Let's do this brother, let's bring down the books once and for all.
    This wouldn't work, because my advice would not be to fade but to avoid altogether.

chargers4222

Hey Ralphie, brother, looks like UNLV won last night. Maybe they're becoming older and more predictable. Have you checked out today's card? Any young unpredictable teams I should fade?

Ralphie Halves

Hey Ralphie, brother, looks like UNLV won last night. Maybe they're becoming older and more predictable. Have you checked out today's card? Any young unpredictable teams I should fade?
    LOL, at what point in the thread did you figure out I wasn't going to give you what you wanted?

.......or have we gotten there yet?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not nearly the same thing. It is routine for teams to take a knee when scoring with no time left when the PAT is meaningless so they do not rub it in to the opponent. It is not routine to foul down 4 with seconds left only to dribble out the clock after the free throws. What was the point of fouling?
    yes, it is the same thing...your point is rather moot because you don't see it happen very often...only twice in the last 30+ years or so?...and both of them happened this year!...the philly-oakland game and the vikes-saints game....a TD on the last play of the game as time expired and two kneel downs instead of kicking the extra point...funny thing is if the philly game had been played earlier in the season they probably would have kicked it because total points scored is indeed one of the tiebreakers if it ever gets to that point in terms of making the playoffs...
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 01-28-18 at 04:55 PM.

First 12