Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Nfl rejects Veterans please stand AD

Veterans Group

Robin Alam/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
    CHRIS CHAVEZ
    Tuesday January 23rd, 2018

The NFL has rejected a one-page advertisement for the Super Bowl program from the American Veterans (AMVETS) organization that included the message "Please Stand," according to USA Today's Erik Brady.

The ad featured an American flag with an accompanying message of #PleaseStand. AMVETS national commander Marion Polk called the move by the NFL as "corporate censorship" and that it denies veterans the right to freedom of speech. The ad takes a stand against the players who have protested during the national anthem by kneeling or sitting before NFL games throughout the season.

In a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, AMVETS noted that the NHL has allowed for the ad to run in their respective programs.

"The Super Bowl game program is designed for fans to commemorate and celebrate the game, players, teams and the Super Bowl,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told USA Today. “It’s never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement. The NFL has long supported the military and veterans and will again salute our service members in the Super Bowl with memorable on-field moments that will be televised as part of the game.”

Ads for the program are not sold through the NFL but with a third-party publisher. The NFL has final say on approving what goes into the program.

“We looked to work with the organization and asked it to consider other options such as ‘Please Honor our Veterans,’” McCarthy added. “They chose not to and we asked it to consider using ‘Please Stand for Our Veterans.’ Production was delayed as we awaited an answer. As the program was going to production, the organization asked about including a hashtag” — as in #PleaseStand — “and was informed that approval would not be provided in time and was asked to approve the ad without the hashtag. The organization did not respond and the program ultimately went into production to meet deadlines.”

McCarthy noted that an ad from the Veterans of Foreign Wars was approved and it read "We Stand for Veterans."

Clutchut12

But i forgot according to the nfl players its not a diss on the troops or the flag, what a fkin bunch of scums from goodell to Kaepernick

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Good job by NFL.

Private business not responsible for freedom of speech anyway, but these political groups trying to hijack the sport should be shamed and abused, not entertained at all.

Best we can all do is laugh in the princesses faces that even bring this up anymore.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: phinfan27615

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Good job by NFL.

Private business not responsible for freedom of speech anyway, but these political groups trying to hijack the sport should be shamed and abused, not entertained at all.

Best we can all do is laugh in the princesses faces that even bring this up anymore.
    They are responsible for what they do when they are on the clock and they let these fuks sit and disgrace the flag and the troops.so they brought all this on themselves. Im guessing too if it was some left wing nutso ad they would allow it

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    But i forgot according to the nfl players its not a diss on the troops or the flag, what a fkin bunch of scums from goodell to Kaepernick
    Dude - take this shit to the saloon. This political bullshit was already posted days ago. Why don't you just boycott the Super Bowl? How about you search before you create threads?

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings Sunday and NOT ONE DAMN PERSON GOT UP when the national anthem was played. Stop this bullshit patriotism.

Mac4Lyfe

They are responsible for what they do when they are on the clock and they let these fuks sit and disgrace the flag and the troops.so they brought all this on themselves. Im guessing too if it was some left wing nutso ad they would allow it
    Fukk off with this shit.

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Fukk off with this shit.
    Must be a left wing Kaepernick dick sucker

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

Must be a left wing Kaepernick dick sucker
    Must be a right wing Trump ass licker

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    Must be a right wing Trump ass licker
    We have another libtard, let me ask u a question did u spit or swallow when u were suckin Hillarys dik??Its amazing that u fkin libs get upset for people standing up for patriatism for this country. Your fearless fukin Obama really fuked ur guys minds up

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings Sunday and NOT ONE DAMN PERSON GOT UP when the national anthem was played. Stop this bullshit patriotism.
    That is probably because the anthem is played for the people who are actually in attendance of the event that it is played at. I don't stand for the anthem when I am at home and it is played on television. And even if I did stand at home for it, I don't have a flag hanging anywhere to stand and face anyways.

jayfly

We have another libtard, let me ask u a question did u spit or swallow when u were suckin Hillarys dik??Its amazing that u fkin libs get upset for people standing up for patriatism for this country. Your fearless fukin Obama really fuked ur guys minds up
    lol at your close minded ignorance

Clutchut12

lol at your close minded ignorance
    U didnt answer my question Yolanda

jayfly

U didnt answer my question Yolanda
    and a homophobe as well lol you must be fun parties

Clutchut12

And still hasnt. Goodnight Yolanda

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

And the PC police is known for their ultra fun party personality. Lol

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    They have great partys wearing thier mask protesting at berkley everyday. The only way them fkin nerds have any fun

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Good job by NFL.
    damn straight!

jayfly

aw how cute, clutchut has a little homophobe friend that he does circle jerks with

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

you cannot fix a libtard

mental disease

jayfly

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    you cannot fix a libtard

mental disease
    Yeah penetrate equal rights for everyone, freedom of press, helping your fellow man. What a bunch of shit bags.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

aw how cute, clutchut has a little homophobe friend that he does circle jerks with
    Curious how you made the leap to me being a homophobe? Or is that just a generic response when somebody doesn't pat you on the back?

I simply thought your use of the "your must be fun at parties" joke was poorly placed and ironically funny. But please, continue with the labels. As long as you are first to do so it obviously makes you right.

jayfly

Curious how you made the leap to me being a homophobe? Or is that just a generic response when somebody doesn't pat you on the back?

I simply thought your use of the "your must be fun at parties" joke was poorly placed and ironically funny. But please, continue with the labels. As long as you are first to do so it obviously makes you right.
    my bad if i read it the wrong way DS

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16938

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That is probably because the anthem is played for the people who are actually in attendance of the event that it is played at. I don't stand for the anthem when I am at home and it is played on television. And even if I did stand at home for it, I don't have a flag hanging anywhere to stand and face anyways.
    why do you hate our troops?

Mac4Lyfe

That's not what most of the triggered SBR residents said in this forum. Most of them said they stand when the anthem comes on at home. They proudly put their hands on their hearts as the anthem is played on TV. That's bullshit.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Good job by NFL.

That is a load of stuff I will need come spring when it is time to plant. Beyonce's Black Panther halftime show was a political statement. NFL didn't see anything wrong with that. All this is doing is demonstrating the NFL has no clue who their audience is. Their ratings will continue to decline. I would have watched the Super Bowl before this. Screw them.

When you know your actions are perceived as offensive and you continue to do them, then you intend to offend. It is that simple.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    That is a load of stuff I will need come spring when it is time to plant. Beyonce's Black Panther halftime show was a political statement. NFL didn't see anything wrong with that. All this is doing is demonstrating the NFL has no clue who their audience is. Their ratings will continue to decline. I would have watched the Super Bowl before this. Screw them.
    When you know your actions are perceived as offensive and you continue to do them, then you intend to offend. It is that simple.
    there is hardly anything you can do now that doesnt offend someone. who cares if ppl get offended. what can be more patriotic? what are you gonna do? watch soccer? when are ppl gonna call out our founding fathers for disrespecting the troops and killing them?

Optional

As a non-American I really struggle to see how the NFL not ordering players to stand, or declining political advertising in the program, is seen as them being offensive or taking a side.

But some of you guys are so infuriated about it maybe it's just not possible to understand form here.

Seems to me that angry white people wanting players ordered to stand is exactly what the protesting players wanted though

Kermit

That's not what most of the triggered SBR residents said in this forum. Most of them said they stand when the anthem comes on at home. They proudly put their hands on their hearts as the anthem is played on TV. That's bullshit.
    People here said that they stand at home while the anthem is played? They are full of shit.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    why do you hate our troops?
    Stupidest comment in this thread for various reasons.

Should I have a fukkin app on my phone to alert me when the anthem is played throughout the day at various sporting events so that I can stand for it even though I am not there at the event?

Do you kneel at home for the anthem when it is played to show respect to your heroes that are also doing it on the field?

And what if I record the game and watch it hours after it is over? Should I stand for the anthem that was sung 4 hours earlier?

If I am at an event where the anthem is played, I will stand for it. If people want to sit or kneel, that is their choice.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Stupidest comment in this thread for various reasons.

Should I have a fukkin app on my phone to alert me when the anthem is played throughout the day at various sporting events so that I can stand for it even though I am not there at the event?

Do you kneel for the anthem when it is played to show solidarity to your heroes that are also doing it on the field?

And what if I record the game and watch it hours after it is over? Should I stand for the anthem that was sung 4 hours earlier?
    exactly my point. the anthem is just another meaningless song in a long stream of government propaganda we are force fed constantly in school, sports, and news. no need to stand for it ever.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    exactly my point. the anthem is just another meaningless song in a long stream of government propaganda we are force fed constantly in school, sports, and news. no need to stand for it ever.
    I have stated numerous times here that I don't care what people do during the anthem. My point is that the anthem is for the people at the event where it is played, not for the people sitting at home. If they ask the people in attendance to stand and respect the military and you want to kneel, then that is your choice. It's not illegal.

fried cheese
    Update your status

I have stated numerous times here that I don't care what people do during the anthem. My point is that the anthem is for the people at the event where it is played, not for the people sitting at home. If they ask the people in attendance to stand and respect the military and you want to kneel, then that is your choice. It's not illegal.
    how is it not for you if they are televising it?

Optional

If the NFL accepted a political advert from one point of view, would they then be obliged to accept an advert from BLM asking people to kneel as well?

That would be taking sides if they did not.

If they ordered players to stand, that would be taking a side too.

Sport should not be held hostage to politics. Damn anyone offended by anything about this. Ignore the kneelers and they have no effect. Complaining about it is just as annoying as those idiots choosing to do it to start with. You're both as bad as each other and the NFL should ignore the lot of you.

Mac4Lyfe

People here said that they stand at home while the anthem is played? They are full of shit.
    A bunch of people here said they stand in their living room whenever the anthem comes on. I'm like get the hell out of here with that craziness. That's just stupid and kinda creepy if you ask me.

I've gone to many events and I normally stand for the anthem but I see many people sitting or keep their hats on, many do not put their hands on their hearts nor face the flag. I don't care. I can't worry what others do. This use to be a free country but we've made so many rules that we have all become conformists. Plus the anthem is played too damn much. Last year, I went to vote and before they opened the poll at my neighborhood clubhouse, they played the anthem on a small boom box. WTF? I stood there in the cold rain with a handful of other people almost in a parking lot as we listen to a horrible rendition of the anthem. Come on man.

It's like the Catholic church (I have nothing against the church), kneel, now stand, now genuflect, now kneel again, now touch your forehead, now repeat after me, now kneel, now stand. Too many rituals.

Mac4Lyfe

So not only are you easily triggered. You are also very much misinformed. NFL ratings have been huge in these playoffs. Maybe you're just not in their demographics? Decline? What planet are you living?

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-fa...161254796.html

The Patriots’ dramatic win over the Jacksonville Jaguars drew a 27.3 overnight household rating and a 50 share,

12 Last