mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If the NFL accepted a political advert from one point of view, would they then be obliged to accept an advert from BLM asking people to kneel as well?

That would be taking sides if they did not.

If they ordered players to stand, that would be taking a side too.

Sport should not be held hostage to politics. Damn anyone offended by anything about this. Ignore the kneelers and they have no effect. Complaining about it is just as annoying as those idiots choosing to do it to start with. You're both as bad as each other and the NFL should ignore the lot of you.
    By allowing players to kneel, they allowed politics to enter their arena. Since they allowed the players to kneel, it's highly hypocritical to allow the kneeling, but suddenly have an issue that a veteran's group wants to place an ad in the program as a "protest" to the kneeling. Either allow all differing political speech, or allow none.

As for ordering players to stand, if I was the commissioner, my response would be this: While you are on the field and on our time, there is a decorum that all players must follow during the pre-game and national anthem (similar to if your job makes you wear a uniform or behave a certain way on the job). The national anthem is played at every game to send a message that despite the fact that we are playing on different teams and rooting for different sides to win, in the grand scheme of things, we are all Americans and should be united together despite our rooting differences. I understand you may have grievances with our society and government, but the national anthem is how we are choosing to deliver our message of unity and is not the time or place for you to air your grievances. If you still have a problem with our objective, you can wait in the locker room out of the public view. However, if you choose to remain on the field during the national anthem, you will follow our decorum.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That's not what most of the triggered SBR residents said in this forum. Most of them said they stand when the anthem comes on at home. They proudly put their hands on their hearts as the anthem is played on TV. That's bullshit.
    Nobody said that. Nobody stands at home or in a bar. Come man don't be fukking stupid. Once Obama made it clear it was ok for police to get shot and made Michael brown a hero, there was no turning back. The only reason the black players aren't standing is because they want to "piss whitey off"...jokes on them with revenue and viewership in a 2 year decline, how's that paycheck lookin?

If it wasn't for fantasy and gambling no way in hell I'd watch anymore.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like I said BLACKS RUINED NFL just like they RUIN WHERE THEY LIVE

THEY WILL RUIN NBA NEXT

First 12