Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Durant-Giannis-Irving? Who Will LeBron Take With First Pick For NBA All Star Team

LeBron & Stephen Curry are captains in this years NBA Alll Star game.

But they get to pick their teams in a new format.

James gets first pick since he received most votes.

Who will LeBron & Curry take with first pick?

Will LJ take Durant so Curry can't?

Maybe he reunites with Kyrie?

Wonder what Books will offer odds on this?

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

He will pick Durant, 100% guaranteed. He's the only player on the Warriors he's friends with, and there's a possibility of them being teammates down the road. Curry will pick the Greek Freak.

IBetYou

James: Durant
    Curry: Anteto
    James: Harden
    Curry: Davis
    James: Embiid
    Curry: Irving
    James: DeRozan
    Curry: Cousins

Cousins will be picked last for sure

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The game is so irrelevant

Non competitive

Pussy ball

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

NBA racists, why isn't there a white captain?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Non competitive

Pussy ball
    truth

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

pussy monkey ball

PASS

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    James: Durant
    Curry: Anteto
    James: Harden
    Curry: Davis
    James: Embiid
    Curry: Irving
    James: DeRozan
    Curry: Cousins

Cousins will be picked last for sure
    Good picks up until embiid, you think lebron takes him? Id raise an eyebrow, not that he doesn't deserve it by any means but just that he's thought of in that way at this point by the best players

I think Lillard belongs in that mix and I'd say the players recognize him as well

IBetYou

Doesn't make sense for him to pick Irving as that relationship is burned. I guess he could take DeRozan but he needs a frontcourt guy and Embiid is an easier guy to play with.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Good picks up until embiid, you think lebron takes him? Id raise an eyebrow, not that he doesn't deserve it by any means but just that he's thought of in that way at this point by the best players

I think Lillard belongs in that mix and I'd say the players recognize him as well
    That's Embiid by default, unless he picks Cousins to counter Davis. He's not taking Kyrie there, and DeRozan could go last as a trio of James, Durant & Harden certainly doesn't need another scorer.

shadymcgrady

I don't see derozan as a stud amongst the best, only against regular joes during the regular season

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11099

I don't understand why the NBA wouldn't televise this mock draft. It would get HUGE ratings and could be as effective as the NFL draft if they promote it right. All the in-fighting among players and off court pettiness would really make this a must see event. I'm not understanding why they wouldn't capitalize on this?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

Should just cancel the game..

Actually, should just cancel the NBA all together...
    Points Awarded:

CJ gave funnyb25 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't understand why the NBA wouldn't televise this mock draft. It would get HUGE ratings and could be as effective as the NFL draft if they promote it right. All the in-fighting among players and off court pettiness would really make this a must see event. I'm not understanding why they wouldn't capitalize on this?
    Because it would be boring. Do you remember LeBron James' decision? It wasn't great TV. I'd prefer to read the lineups on a web page personally.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

used to be best of all the all star games but they should just torpedo the entire weekend now

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I bet a few pennies he takes Durant

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I love betting over on this All star games

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

all star game is a bunch of wussies taking turns on jump shots or alleyhoops..

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11099

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Because it would be boring. Do you remember LeBron James' decision? It wasn't great TV. I'd prefer to read the lineups on a web page personally.
    Maybe it wasn't great TV but it got 13 million people watching on a Thursday night. That is a huge number for a guy sitting on a chair for over an hour.

A mock All Star game would get huge ratings. It would be more popular than the game itself. I think there would be a very high interest. I know I would watch it.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

They should let whoever wins the championship the previous year (Golden State) play against the all stars. Be better than what we got now. Might make the players try

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Maybe it wasn't great TV but it got 13 million people watching on a Thursday night. That is a huge number for a guy sitting on a chair for over an hour.

A mock All Star game would get huge ratings. It would be more popular than the game itself. I think there would be a very high interest. I know I would watch it.
    Ha! OK, fair enough. I suspect the league thinks it would be tacky. Like reality TV, or Lavar Ball.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Non competitive
    Pussy ball
    It use to be great. All star game was a war with the best of the best.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Lebrons not picking Kyrie... neither will Steph.. watch him and Russ be left on the board late because of their ego's...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nba embarrassing themselves with the all star thing

IBetYou

Hell the hell did Love make the AS team over Drummond?

shadymcgrady

Yeah and Lowry made it over Simmons

At least dame Lillard finally made it. 3 yrs to late

shadymcgrady

Oladipo much deserved

Not so sure ab the unicorn, his performance has been spotty

Maybe jokic over Kat

Don't like klay but the winningest team always gets all their players

Capela or cp3 maybe should've cracked the roster

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

NBA All-Star mock draft
    Kevin ArnovitzChris Forsberg
    1/24/18

The NBA has announced the 24 players who'll be All-Stars this season, but we still don't know which players will be playing for which team. That mystery will be solved Thursday, when the league announces the rosters after captains LeBron James and Stephen Curry make their selections in a secret draft.

Despite calls from fans, coaches and even some players for the league to televise the draft -- or at least make the pick order public after the fact -- the league hasn't budged from its stance that the All-Star draft will be conducted in private. But that doesn't mean we can't have some fun.

Using the same rules James and Curry will follow when they draft, we've picked our teams from the pool of players to recreate what might be happening behind closed doors. For those unfamiliar with the rules of the draft, here's a quick refresher:

As the top vote-getter among the starters, LeBron James will serve as one captain and will have the first overall pick.

Stephen Curry, the top vote-getter from the Western Conference, will serve as the other captain and pick second.

The picks will alternate until all eight players voted in as starters by the fans, media and players have been selected.

When the draft moves on to picking from the reserves, the order will reverse. Curry will pick first, followed by James.

The captains do not need to meet any positional quotas when filling out their rosters. Curry has joked that he might pick nothing but guards.

Since James and Curry are a bit busy with games Tuesday night, we turned to our writers to step in for them and make their draft picks. Chris Forsberg will play the role of Curry, and Kevin Arnovitz will act as James and make the first overall pick.

On to the draft!

Drafting the starters

1. TEAM LeBRON: Kevin Durant, F, Golden State Warriors

Arnovitz: An All-Star Game MVP in 2012, Durant has a rightful claim as the best player on the board. A team that can feature either LeBron or KD for 48 minutes should be indomitable. Durant said Tuesday morning about potentially playing against Curry: "I'm prepared to switch out on Steph in the pick-and-roll, force him to the rim and block his shot."

2. TEAM STEPHEN: Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks

Forsberg: Tasked with defending a LeBron/Durant combination, Team Curry needs Antetokounmpo's length and motivation to shine on a big stage. More importantly, Curry ensures that he doesn't get dunked on by the Greek Freak two years in a row.

3. LJ: Kyrie Irving, G, Boston Celtics

Arnovitz: We're not going to let a little grudge get in the way of exhibition basketball, are we? Shot-making is king in the All-Star Game, and Irving is the game's best virtuoso finisher.

4. SC: James Harden, G, Houston Rockets

Forsberg: Curry probably doesn't desire to see Harden on the other side of the ball again this season (at least until the Western Conference finals). Adding six-time All-Star Harden gives Team Curry serious scoring firepower in the backcourt.

5. LJ: Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers

Arnovitz: The NBA is hosting a game that requires no practice and is fueled by showmanship? Sounds like a job for Joel Embiid.

6. SC: Anthony Davis, F, New Orleans Pelicans

Forsberg: Somehow the guy who scored 52 points at All-Star Weekend last year, shattering the game's all-time scoring record, is still on the board.

7. LJ: DeMarcus Cousins, C, New Orleans Pelicans

Arnovitz: There's enough love in the frontcourt of Team LeBron for both Joel Embiid and Boogie Cousins -- and, we hope, a couple of high-low specials.

8. SC: DeMar DeRozan, G, Toronto Raptors

Forsberg: Playing in New Orleans last season helped fuel Davis' scoring outburst. Now Team Curry will hope a little home-field advantage can inspire Compton native and USC product DeRozan.

Drafting the reserves

9. SC: Draymond Green, F, Golden State Warriors

Forsberg: Team Stephen has to take a Warrior here and beef up the defense with a primary LeBron antagonizer.

10. LJ: Klay Thompson, G, Golden State Warriors

Arnovitz: Three years ago this week, Thompson dropped 37 points in a single quarter, which is a near-perfect résumé item for an All-Star Game.

11. SC: Russell Westbrook, G, Oklahoma City Thunder

Forsberg: With Durant on the other side and having been snubbed a starting spot, the reigning league MVP has no shortage of motivation for the All-Star Game.

12. LJ: Bradley Beal, G, Washington Wizards

Arnovitz: This is the year I fell in love with Beal's step-back jumper and various other stylings. The man is primed for an All-Star showing.

13. SC: Kristaps Porzingis, F, New York Knicks

Forsberg: Unicorn in L.A.! Curry and Porzingis can search Staples Center for a good spot to trade circus shots before the game.

14. LJ: Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers

Arnovitz: For sheer stage presence and shot-making, Lillard is as fun as any player in the league. After a two-year hiatus, he'll be raring to go.

15. SC: Kevin Love, C, Cleveland Cavaliers

Forsberg: Team Stephen welcomes Love with open arms and no finger-pointing. They do, however, mention how weird it is that LeBron picked Irving but not Love.

16. LJ: Jimmy Butler, G, Minnesota Timberwolves

Arnovitz: We pledge our faith that medical technology will improve Butler's sore knee and have him bulldozing, hesitating and attacking at full force in Los Angeles.

17. SC: John Wall, G, Washington Wizards

Forsberg: With all the hurt feelings in the Wizards' locker room, maybe it's best that Wall and Beal are on opposite sides and have an opportunity to prove who's the best guard in Washington.

18. LJ: Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Minnesota Timberwolves

Arnovitz: The multifaceted big man loves his numbers. He's come to the right place.

19. SC: Al Horford, C, Boston Celtics

Forsberg: Horford doesn't put up gaudy scoring numbers like most in this game, but Team Stephen can run its offense through him and watch him showcase his point-guard-like passing skills.

20. LJ: Victor Oladipo, G, Indiana Pacers

Arnovitz: The mystery guest of the 2018 All-Star Game, Oladipo had a strong case as an Eastern Conference starter and is a nice pickup as the field thins out.

21. SC: Kyle Lowry, G, Toronto Raptors

Forsberg: Toronto would (politely) rage if word got out that both Lowry and DeRozan were default final picks among starters and reserves. Team Stephen prevents that issue by snagging a heckuva player to cap an already loaded backcourt.

22. LJ: LaMarcus Aldridge, F, San Antonio Spurs

Arnovitz: If the Spurs big man represents the bottom of the barrel in an All-Star selection process, it's fair to say that the NBA in 2018 is in a very good place.

The rosters

2018 NBA All-Star Mock Draft - Starters
    TEAM LEBRON (ARNOVITZ) TEAM STEPHEN (FORSBERG)
    LeBron James Stephen Curry
    Kevin Durant Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Kyrie Irving James Harden
    Joel Embiid Anthony Davis
    DeMarcus Cousins DeMar DeRozan

2018 NBA All-Star Mock Draft - Reserves
    TEAM LEBRON (ARNOVITZ) TEAM STEPHEN (FORSBERG)
    Klay Thompson Draymond Green
    Bradley Beal Russell Westbrook
    Damian Lillard Kristaps Porzingis
    Jimmy Butler Kevin Love
    Karl-Anthony Towns John Wall
    Victor Oladipo Al Horford
    LaMarcus Aldridge Kyle Lowry

Arnovitz: Our Team LeBron is a juggernaut propelled by a few essential features: this generation's most transcendent wing players, versatile big men who can do it all on the offensive end and wily, shot-making guards who unload without a conscience. On top of that, LeBron and Kyrie are reunited, and it feels so good.

Forsberg: With LeBron and Durant on the opposite side, Team Curry embraces its underdog status but quietly believes it has the perfect balance of talent to compete. Even beyond an embarrassment of MVP-caliber riches in a backcourt that features Curry, Harden and Westbrook, there's elite defensive talent coming off the bench in Green, Horford and Davis. More than anything, Team Curry has the motivation needed to excel under the new format.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Non competitive

Pussy ball
    I could not agree any more... BUT this new format just might inject new life. Time will tell.

IBetYou

James isn't picking Irving over Harden. This guy must not have read my prediction.

IBetYou

To James the all-star game is about deciding where he's going to play next season. Houston is a possibility, Boston is not. Besides he'd lose cred picking the guy that abandoned him.

magaman
    Update your status

Lebron has lost his appeal. I doubt he can continue to choose where he wants to go. I am very sure he cannot pull in the talent he was able to a few years back. Cavs suck, and it is because of Lebron. He engineered that team. I'm pretty sure that owners have taken note, and are not so likely to allow him to come engineer their franchise. There are always a handful of owners that are desperate for that kind of attention, but Lebron would not want to go to these. I could be wrong, time will tell.

I think Lebron is at that point in his career where he needs to take a back seat to a younger superior player. I know there is no chance of that, but that is what I think. KD was wise enough to understand this...

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Lebron has lost his appeal. I doubt he can continue to choose where he wants to go. I am very sure he cannot pull in the talent he was able to a few years back. Cavs suck, and it is because of Lebron. He engineered that team. I'm pretty sure that owners have taken note, and are not so likely to allow him to come engineer their franchise. There are always a handful of owners that are desperate for that kind of attention, but Lebron would not want to go to these. I could be wrong, time will tell.

I think Lebron is at that point in his career where he needs to take a back seat to a younger superior player. I know there is no chance of that, but that is what I think. KD was wise enough to understand this...
    You've either never played basketball at a competitive level in your life or nuts to think that Durant took a backseat to anyone.

He's the best player in the nba right now which means he's been ascending for the past decade

He had just about passed over lebron before he left okc, there were no and are no superior players to Durant for the past 3 or 4 seasons

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    You've either never played basketball at a competitive level in your life or nuts to think that Durant took a backseat to anyone.

He's the best player in the nba right now which means he's been ascending for the past decade

He had just about passed over lebron before he left okc, there were no and are no superior players to Durant for the past 3 or 4 seasons
    Just stop with the silly insults... I've played alot when younger, and been following the league for decades. It's a bit easier to say you disagree and state why

I don't agree with you at all. KD is very good... top 5 fo sho. Curry is better and more importantly he is a very unique talent. Almost impossible to guard him in the flow of the game. The record of the Warriors with/without also says so. The plus/minus stats also says so.

People like to hate on Curry for whatever reason... I don't care about that. Curry is the biggest weapon in the game, and most know it, and many hate him for that.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

He will pick Unibrow with first pick 100%

12 Last