Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Golf bet at 5dimes

Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    4xx2-1 12/29/17 1:37am Pending 4/5/18 7:00am Majors Golf 9011 T.Woods makes cut in all 4 Majors +500* vs Any other result

This should be 2 to 1, 3 to 1 at most. Tiger looks great, is feeling great and is only 42 (tomorrow). You're risk is another back injury, but he had his back fused and they say another back injury is less likely now.

Best of Luck

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    4xx2-1 12/29/17 1:37am Pending 4/5/18 7:00am Majors Golf 9011 T.Woods makes cut in all 4 Majors +500* vs Any other result

This should be 2 to 1, 3 to 1 at most. Tiger looks great, is feeling great and is only 42 (tomorrow). You're risk is another back injury, but he had his back fused and they say another back injury is less likely now.

Best of Luck
    Our best way to win this is if he breaks his leg again...Won the US Open with a broken leg. So hoping for that over the back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Tiger may win 1-2 majors in the next 12 years at best

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Best of Luck
    that's a long time to have money tied up and with injury risk not worth it, it really is 3 majors though the masters is such an easy tournament to make the cut with all the past winners and amatuers they let play would worry about tiger in the open championship with the wind that can get anybody , i wanna see tiger compete for a full season before i wager on him again

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

If you wait a year to make this bet, you will get EVEN money not 5 to 1.

Eight months would be a long time to tie up your money if you were getting 1 to 5, it is not a long time to tie up your money when you're getting 5 to 1.

For the bettor to win the bet that I posted here, Tiger just has to MAKE THE CUT OF ALL 4 MAJORS IN 2018 (as cincykid alluded to, the 4 majors allow in numerous qualifiers that have little chance of doing well). The number of majors that Tiger will win in the next 12 years is a different bet altogether, with no relevance to this bet.

Best of Luck

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

If you wait a year to make this bet, you will get EVEN money not 5 to 1.

Eight months would be a long time to tie up your money if you were getting 1 to 5, it is not a long time to tie up your money when you're getting 5 to 1.

For the bettor to win the bet that I posted here, Tiger just has to MAKE THE CUT OF ALL 4 MAJORS IN 2018 (as cincykid alluded to, the 4 majors allow in numerous qualifiers that have little chance of doing well). The number of majors that Tiger will win in the next 12 years is a different bet altogether, with no relevance to this bet.

Best of Luck
    does it state anything about must tee off , i would want that guarantee he must at least start the masters

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Even if tiger returns somewhat to form of the past the competition is so much stronger now than during his run of dominance.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Kell, pure speculation at this point. No data to suggest he can manage 2 days in a row under major conditions.
    Way too many factors regarding his health and HEAD for me to consider betting on him to perform under pressure.

Think he will have a bad round going in one of these, and instead of grinding it out, he will hit a ridiculously poor shot, then pause a couple seconds before grabbing his back and pulling a WD. Seen it before.

All that being said, I hope you are right and he shows up in all the majors and is a factor on Sunday. Would be awesome.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

are you sure he is eligible at all 4?

i know masters and british open he is in

could've sworn either the pga or usopen he isn't qualified for

???????

not looking up though

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    does it state anything about must tee off , i would want that guarantee he must at least start the masters
    He must tee off at The Masters.

Majors 2018 - US Masters, US Open, British Open, PGA Championship - Make All Cuts
    Tiger Woods must tee off in US Masters 2018 for action
    Thu 4/5 9011 T.Woods makes cut in all 4 Majors +500
    7:00AM 9012 Any other result -900

Best of Luck

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    are you sure he is eligible at all 4?

i know masters and british open he is in

could've sworn either the pga or usopen he isn't qualified for

???????

not looking up though
    He has lifetime exemptions at The Masters, British, & PGA - he has to qualify for the US Open in 2019, but he's in for 2018.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/ti...ld-expire-soon

P.S. Did you see Rudy on the Florida St sideline the other day, he's buds with one of the coaches.

Best of Luck

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If he wins 1 major rest of his career it turns into massive comeback story

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Kell, pure speculation at this point. No data to suggest he can manage 2 days in a row under major conditions.
    Way too many factors regarding his health and HEAD for me to consider betting on him to perform under pressure.

Think he will have a bad round going in one of these, and instead of grinding it out, he will hit a ridiculously poor shot, then pause a couple seconds before grabbing his back and pulling a WD. Seen it before.

All that being said, I hope you are right and he shows up in all the majors and is a factor on Sunday. Would be awesome.

You didn't watch The HERO Challenge two weeks back.

Best of Luck

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If he wins 1 major rest of his career it turns into massive comeback story
    Coach, if you had watched The HERO Challenge two weeks ago you would have said "When he wins his next major...." The young guys were shaking in their golf cleats at how he was playing - his short game and putter was a bit off (which is the one thing an old guy can work on excessively) but he was out driving them and looking great from the fairway. But now his attitude is one of humility and gratitude for the opportunity to be able to play one more time. I think that there's even a chance that he makes another amazing run the likes of which golf fans have never seen before.

The best line from Tiger during the dozens of interview at that tournament "Sorry, I got to go. I have to pick the kids up from school, they get out at 4 o'clock." That was immediately after his round on Thursday or Friday.

Best of Luck

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Good luck. Tiger is motivated. Could be his last chance

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This bet should be closer to 20-1, not 5-1

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    I wish you weren't broke, I'd put a few grand on it with you at 10 to 1.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Coach, if you had watched The HERO Challenge two weeks ago you would have said "When he wins his next major...." The young guys were shaking in their golf cleats at how he was playing - his short game and putter was a bit off (which is the one thing an old guy can work on excessively) but he was out driving them and looking great from the fairway. But now his attitude is one of humility and gratitude for the opportunity to be able to play one more time. I think that there's even a chance that he makes another amazing run the likes of which golf fans have never seen before.

The best line from Tiger during the dozens of interview at that tournament "Sorry, I got to go. I have to pick the kids up from school, they get out at 4 o'clock." That was immediately after his round on Thursday or Friday.

Best of Luck
    You are putting far too much weight into a cupcake invitational tourney. If any golfer was inducing cleat shaking...it was Fowler, not the kitty cat. Nobody fears Tiger any more. Tiger won't play in all 4 majors, let alone make the cut in them. His back will not hold up for an entire golf season.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

1-1 1/4/18 10:50am $ $ Pending 1/4/18 5:00pm Reduced Golf 7020 Xander Schauffele (Tourn) +123* vs Pat Perez (Tourn)
    1-2 1/4/18 10:50am $ $ Pending 1/4/18 5:10pm Reduced Golf 7023 Xander Schauffele (Tourn) +113* vs Kevin Kisner (Tourn)
    at 5dimes

Best of Luck

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    Tiger may win 1-2 majors in the next 12 years at best
    Tiger will be lucky to win 1-2 tournaments in the next 12 years

guy needs to get back to bangin sluts to get his mojo back

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Best of Luck
    Tiger has sooooo many issues besides his back. All it takes is him withdrawing from one major and you are done. I bet he doesn't play TPC.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I wish you luck brother and believe me am a HUGE tiger fan just from what he did financially for the sport. I also wouldn't look too much into the Hero's event....it was HIS sponsored event at a resort course.....I honestly believe the guy was on some type of PED's and his body is just broken.....guys been swinging a club since he was 2......I love the odds but too much of a risk

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I wish you luck brother and believe me am a HUGE tiger fan just from what he did financially for the sport. I also wouldn't look too much into the Hero's event....it was HIS sponsored event at a resort course.....I honestly believe the guy was on some type of PED's and his body is just broken.....guys been swinging a club since he was 2......I love the odds but too much of a risk

My friend played golf almost everyday with Tiger as kids and has these funny pictures of Tiger with a tiny fro. Tiger was a god send for the sport but his body has been abused as USCPHILLYGUY pointed out. All the plasma injections in the world cannot change that fact.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

this

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Tiger will be lucky to win 1-2 tournaments in the next 12 years

guy needs to get back to bangin sluts to get his mojo back
    Exactly
    Was telling my brother in law same thing

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

I went to the New Years Eve Party at my country club. I told everyone there about this bet and their reaction, to a man, was almost identical to the broke dikks on this forum. I'm pretty sure I've got a winner.

Best of Luck

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I went to the New Years Eve Party at my country club. I told everyone there about this bet and their reaction, to a man, was almost identical to the broke dikks on this forum. I'm pretty sure I've got a winner.

Best of Luck
    DK I wish you the best of luck man.

Just a side note... I had back surgery when I was 22. A golfer's swing has a lot of moving parts.... and plenty of torque. It's hard keeping a back loose for all of those tourneys.... all of those shots. It can act up and give you problems at any time.

Boils down to how much desire Tiger has in 2018. Can he play through a back spasm? Or should I say... would he? We'll find out.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Idiotic thread..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Another factor in this equation (though the bet is just to make the cut) is that in Tigers hay day other players feared him. That’s not the case any longer Mental aspect of golf is huge.

OP nice shot at posters here who are just giving you their opinion. Im sure those members of the Muni you belong to had a good laugh at our expense

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

agreed
    maybe even higher than 20-1
    only 3 guys ranked in the top 10 made the cut last year at every major
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

canepole
    Update your status
    canepole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8117

CBS Sports 2017 aggregate major champion

Here are the 13 who made every cut.
    PLAYER SCORE TO PAR
    Brooks Koepka 1,119 -21
    Hideki Matsuyama 1,120 -20
    Matt Kuchar 1,120 -20
    Rickie Fowler 1,124 -16
    Jordan Spieth 1,130 -10
    Paul Casey 1,131 -9
    Charley Hoffman 1,137 -3
    Marc Leishman 1,143 +3
    Steve Stricker 1,143 +3
    J.B Holmes 1,150 +10
    Russell Henley 1,152 +12
    Kevin Kisner 1,156 +16
    Lee Westwood 1,160 +20
    Koepka has been pretty unbelievable at the majors for the last few years. He finished in the top 13 in all four this year and hasn't finished outside the top 25 since the 2015 Masters. Kuchar and Matsuyama were just as impressive in 2017, though, even if they didn't win the big one.

And all of the players on this list, from the top to the bottom, achieved something monumental. Playing the weekend at a major championship is a big deal to pros, and these guys did it at all four of the majors in 2017.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1939

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    agreed
    maybe even higher than 20-1
    only 3 guys ranked in the top 10 made the cut last year at every major
    Originally Posted by ChiLLx

All of the gamblers who think this is a 20-1 shot just got your chance to show how smart you are. Last week the odds were 5-1 FOR v. 1-9 AGAINST. Now they are 4-1 FOR v. 1-6 AGAINST. But I'd wait if I were one of the many against those of us that jumped on this getting 5-1, it's probably going to 2-1 FOR v. 1-3 AGAINST (that's what I said in the initial post) - if you're not a full of shit pussy, you will get a great chance to lay 3 to 1 on what you say should be 20 to 1.

This is at 5dimes today:

Majors 2018 - US Masters, US Open, British Open, PGA Championship - Make All Cuts
    Tiger Woods must tee off in US Masters 2018 for action
    Thu 4/5 9011 T.Woods makes cut in all 4 Majors +400
    7:00AM 9012 Any other result -600
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 01-07-18 at 09:56 AM.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Another factor in this equation (though the bet is just to make the cut) is that in Tigers hay day other players feared him. That’s not the case any longer Mental aspect of golf is huge.

OP nice shot at posters here who are just giving you their opinion. Im sure those members of the Muni you belong to had a good laugh at our expense
    No laugh, I didn't mention SBR, just the bet.
    Not a muni. If you're ever this way, I'd love to walk 18 with you - http://cortlandcountryclub.com/
    Less than 4 hours from Philly, I was working in Philly awhile back and had to drive it every week.

Best of Luck