Bababooey89
    Bababooey89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

tennis next gen finals...do I have a beef?

So I wake up this morning, log in to bovada and it opens up my betting client to Khachanov-Donaldson match....donaldson was down 2-0 games in the first set and the over 6.5 games was around +120. So knowing (very) little about tennis I put 100 on the over, because I assumed Donaldson is going to win one game in the set. So the set ENDS 4-1 and I'm wondering what the hell is going on and apparently it's part of these next gen final rules? I'm currently on the live chat on hold because they don't see anything about these new rules.

I just don't know if that's fair if there is no * or anything...what does everybody think?

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Lol, it's the rules...

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was confused as well, I rarely bet totals on Tennis but still huge factor with spreads as well...

And yes that should be specified with a disclaimer, if its not, thats just lazy booking.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

I think you just got caught out not knowing the rules of the competition.

I am sure many people don't realize that youth championship is only first to 4 games and would be caught too.

But think it is just one of those lessons learned. Not sure how we could blame the book.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

The Next Gen matches are first to 4 wins per set. Thats why you saw the bookies offer o/u 6.5 instead of what it would usually be. Definitely makes tennis harder to live bet now.
    Last edited by tokio; 11-08-17 at 08:24 AM.

Bababooey89

Look I get it, I should look into before I wager-I'm not saying that at all. I dunno when you have 10 tennis matches listed and one has different rules than the other and it's not marked in anyway, I just think that's a little deceiving. But I wanted other people's opinions just to see.

Bababooey89

Has anybody looked these rules, no lets? No deuce? This is pretty ****** up

Zabok420
    Zabok420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Never but never think that you outsmarted bookie site nor that they made that kind of mistake. I learner from my own mistakes.. Now whenever I see tasty odd that isnt real I assume that something I dont know all the factors. Sorry for ur loss :/

Bababooey89

Oh I honestly didn't think I outsmarted, I saw someone down a break and was just hoping donaldson wouldve won 1 game in the set, the part that really confused me was the + money. It is what it is

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9576

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think you just got caught out not knowing the rules of the competition.

I am sure many people don't realize that youth championship is only first to 4 games and would be caught too.

But think it is just one of those lessons learned. Not sure how we could blame the book.
    Agreed

Pr0bot
    :V
    Pr0bot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Explained all the "new rules" in the previous Babaoo post if some1 is interested.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Just deal with it man. TBH, the rules are there and we play by the rules. You win they pay, you lose you pay. You just went on the wrong side of the bet. Now you know the rules, win your money back.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Shorter Format

First to Four games sets (Tie-beak at 3-3), Best-of-five sets, with no ad scoring.

Shorter Warm-Up

Matches will begin precisely five minutes from the second player walk-on, leading to a reduction in down time before the beginning of matches.

Shot Clock

A shot clock will be used in between points to ensure strict regulation of the 25-second rule.

No-Let Rule

The No-Let rule will apply to serves, bringing in an additional element of unpredictability at the start of points.

Medical Time-Outs

A limit of one medical time out per player per match.

Player Coaching

Players and coaches will be able to communicate at certain points in the match (to be determined), providing additional content and entertainment value for broadcast. Coaches will not be allowed on-court.

Electronic line calling

The tournament will feature electronic line calling on all lines during the inaugural event.

The chair umpire will be the only match official on court, and instead of a lines person calling and signaling that the ball is in or out, an automated voice will call balls “out”. For serves, the same voice will shout “fault”.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Your best bet will be to contact the ATP directly and explain your situation, they will probably refund all monies lost

Zabok420

Or explain it to karen and jared I am sure they will pay your money back :P

Bababooey89

They're sending it via venmo as we speak

Zabok420

Gj then, I would never say that they will give it back but I am happy for you.

Powerbalance
    Powerbalance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Shame