TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

In my opinion... Rodgers at 40 won't be able to do what Brady did at 40.

Rodgers might not even be playing.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lol, time to put Shocka in his little place again. Brady played Seattle twice in the regular season.

Here's what happened.

2016 he threw for 316 Yards - Patriots lost because defense gave up 31 points

2014 Super bowl - 328 Yards /4 touchdowns/ 2 Interceptions

2012 400 yards/2 touchdown / 2 interceptions

Brady has had very good games every time he's faced Seattle - he's thrown for around 340 yards a game and more touchdowns than interceptions.

Now Let's look at Rodgers numbers against the same Seattle defense during that 3 year period.

2014 Green Bay gets blown out at Seattle Rodgers throws for barely 189 yards and 1 TD 1 INT GB scores 16

2015 250 yards 2 TDs

2012 223 Yards 0 TDs and team scores 12 points

No comparison
    You're on drugs. Pats lost the game in 2016 because Brady threw a pick and couldn't score a TD with the game on the line at the goaline. In the Super Bowl, we were pretty much a fluke int away from Brady getting his 3rd loss in the big one. In 2012 (a game they also lost), he couldn't get the ball into the red zone in the 2nd half. Look at the bias in your argument, it's insulting. When the pats lose it's the defenses fault and when Green Bay loses it's Rodgers' fault? Are you serious? Brady hasn't played well against them at all and having watched all of those games you mentioned it's clear you're just arguing for the sake of trying to "win" and argument when the guy has flagrantly failed to get it done in crucial spots.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    You're on drugs. Pats lost the game in 2016 because Brady threw a pick and couldn't score a TD with the game on the line at the goaline. In the Super Bowl, we were pretty much a fluke int away from Brady getting his 3rd loss in the big one. In 2012 (a game they also lost), he couldn't get the ball into the red zone in the 2nd half. Look at the bias in your argument, it's insulting. When the pats lose it's the defenses fault and when Green Bay loses it's Rodgers' fault? Are you serious? Brady hasn't played well against them at all and having watched all of those games you mentioned it's clear you're just arguing for the sake of trying to "win" and argument when the guy has flagrantly failed to get it done in crucial spots.
    LMAO, ignorance revealed. The defense gives up 31 points to a shitty Seattle offense and that's Brady's fault. Gronk couldn't make a play at the goaline, Brady put up 24 and was the 1 yard line with seconds left.

Brady has led critical 4th quarter drives in nearly every super bowl he's been in - Rodgers doesn't have a single 4th quarter drive in the postseason in his career.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post

The year Rodgers won the super bowl - the only
    I tyear hehink the world of Tom Brady and he may well be the G.O.A.T.
    But this is simply uninformed.
    The year Rodgers got to the super bowl, the only year, Green Bay had very good receivers. Driver,Jennings, Nelson.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Bears laying -5, now -6 at home vs the Packers.

McCarthy led injury-plagued squad w/o #12....
    They had gaping holes before the injuries.

GB auto-fade should be free money thru Week 17.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

LMAO, ignorance revealed. The defense gives up 31 points to a shitty Seattle offense and that's Brady's fault. Gronk couldn't make a play at the goaline, Brady put up 24 and was the 1 yard line with seconds left.

Brady has led critical 4th quarter drives in nearly every super bowl he's been in - Rodgers doesn't have a single 4th quarter drive in the postseason in his career.
    I guess you missed the cowboys game last year.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Exactly

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    lol, I'm talking critical drives in games like the super bowl- not divisional game against garbage Cowboys defense. Where was Rodgers against Atlanta or any other good defense the last 5 years.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm a Packer fan but it was always clear to me that Aaron Rodgers is the MVP of that team.. Packers go as far as he takes them. AR is a top quarterback in the league. Arguably the best... He goes down the team goes down it's just that simple...

Not always the coaches fault either Thor, you need talent to win in most sports period..
    Jibby i just looked at this fuks draft since he has been coach and they have been awful. what i really wanted to see is if he was the one that drafted Rodgers and sure enuf Rodgers came a year before this bum had a chance to draft.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lol, I'm talking critical drives in games like the super bowl- not divisional game against garbage Cowboys defense. Where was Rodgers against Atlanta or any other good defense the last 5 years.
    This nonsense, I don't even like Rodgers but be real, if you put him on pats he would have the hand full of rings. I'm quite sure he could get his team the points they need late if they were talented enough and well coached enough to actually be in big games late.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Ty Law did more to win some of those early 00's Super Bowls and no bullshit when I tell you there's guys who were on those teams that said he was far more competitive than Brady.(used to train with a few)
    Ty Law isn't a qb bro. Ty Law can't influence the game like a qb. I don't care what everyone says about those 3 rings....and how the d was dominant....it was....but Brady had a last second drive to win each of those superbowls bro. And he was just a kid....that fire is something that kept developing....and to see it at an all time high at 40 years old....let's see where Rodgers's competitive spirit will be at 40.....most likely he'll be sitting on his couch on Sundays at 40. Brady wants to win more than ever even after collecting 5 rings. How many guys in the NFL have ever had this type of mentality. Not 1. Most guys win a ring and then drift off into the sunset. They're content. THey lose their will to battle.

Also....even if Seattle scores that TD....Brady has 2 timeouts and 25 seconds and all he needs is a FG to tie. He just threw for 2 tds in the 4th quarter against seattle. If Seattle scores that TD, the game isn't over yet.... I've seen crazier shit happen. Superbowl vs ATL???

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    This nonsense, I don't even like Rodgers but be real, if you put him on pats he would have the hand full of rings. I'm quite sure he could get his team the points they need late if they were talented enough and well coached enough to actually be in big games late.
    Lol, so Brady has owned the same Seattle defense that has dominated Rodgers, but Rodgers is better. Rodgers isn't even an elite quarterback in the pocket - and Seattle and San Francisco could keep him in the pocket without blitzing.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Ty Law isn't a qb bro. Ty Law can't influence the game like a qb. I don't care what everyone says about those 3 rings....and how the d was dominant....it was....but Brady had a last second drive to win each of those superbowls bro. And he was just a kid....that fire is something that kept developing....and to see it at an all time high at 40 years old....let's see where Rodgers's competitive spirit will be at 40.....most likely he'll be sitting on his couch on Sundays at 40. Brady wants to win more than ever even after collecting 5 rings. How many guys in the NFL have ever had this type of mentality. Not 1. Most guys win a ring and then drift off into the sunset. They're content. THey lose their will to battle.

Also....even if Seattle scores that TD....Brady has 2 timeouts and 25 seconds and all he needs is a FG to tie. He just threw for 2 tds in the 4th quarter against seattle. If Seattle scores that TD, the game isn't over yet.... I've seen crazier shit happen. Superbowl vs ATL???
    Lol, Everyone forgets the only reason Seattle was the 1 with chance to take the lead was because of the fluke catch that bounced of Butler's back - Brady dominated Seattle most of the game.

2daBank

Right - So Brady has owned the same Seattle defense that has dominated Rodgers, but Rodgers is better. Rodgers isn't even an elite quarterback in the pocket - and Seattle and San Francisco could keep him in the pocket without blitzing.
    Didn't say Rodgers is better. I said if you put him on pats he would have bunch of rings as well. Brady the goat imo but if he was stuck in gb w that staff I seriously doubt he would have all the hardware he does playing for best organization run by best coach in business. Not a knock on either just the truth, doesn't matter how good a qb you are you still need to be surrounded by right ppl to have sustained success.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chili_Powder

thomorino

Didn't say Rodgers is better. I said if you put him on pats he would have bunch of rings as well. Brady the goat imo but if he was stuck in gb w that staff I seriously doubt he would have all the hardware he does playing for best organization run by best coach in business. Not a knock on either just the truth, doesn't matter how good a qb you are you still need to be surrounded by right ppl to have sustained success.
    Yeah,I don't think Brady had better receivers than Rodgers and Green Bay had good defenses with Rodgers for years, Rodgers just couldn't get it done against physical defenses like Seattle and San Francisco. Brady won 3 super bowls with Deion Branch. 2 super bowls with Edelman, Gronk was never healthy and he only had Moss a couple years and won nothing with him. Rodgers had Nelson, Driver, Jennings, Finley - no significant difference in talent level around them.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Mccarthy - that ftat fuk needs to get fired. Guy is too stupid to coach anymore

Goat Milk

Nelson is way better than Julian Edelman. Not even close.

Gronk? Guy didn't even play in the Superbowl last year. Brady made names out of the likes of Amendola and James White...two practice squad players basically.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nelson is way better than Julian Edelman. Not even close.

Gronk? Guy didn't even play in the Superbowl last year. Brady made names out of the likes of Amendola and James White...two practice squad players basically.
    aTOM GOD DAMN BRADY BITCHES! He has been doing this his whole careeer. GOAT!

2daBank

Don't disagree I just don't think WRs all that important. Brady had better lineman, better defense, best coach. The things that win games, only a handful of WRs have every truely mattered, as in most on championship teams could have easily been interchanged with WRs on average teams and outcome been same. I know there a select few exceptions so please don't bring the absolute best ever types up!

Goat Milk

Don't disagree I just don't think WRs all that important. Brady had better lineman, better defense, best coach. The things that win games, only a handful of WRs have every truely mattered, as in most on championship teams could have easily been interchanged with WRs on average teams and outcome been same. I know there a select few exceptions so please don't bring the absolute best ever types up!
    Didn't the year Brady beat seattle, Pats had a nfl record for most offensive lineman ever? I clearly remember one year where Brady was literally playing with linemen Bellichick was bringing off different practice squads. And they were in and out weekly. It was like reg season games were a tryout for guys. Not sure if it was that year, but if it was a different year...well Brady was in the AFC championship most likely anyway! He wins with scrubs bro!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Aaron Rodgers probably moves the line more than any player in the league.

He's worth about a 10 point swing.

No other player is near that. I guess Brady could be close now that they got rid of Jimmy G, but probably not 10 points.

2daBank

I dunno, certainly not gonna say you wrong, sounds right. Hell im sure Rodgers has had way higher draft picks on his oline. Thing is the guys hoody brings in get coached up and end up being excellent at their jobs. Not to mention system, some years they simply spread field horizontally and got ball out in like under 2 seconds! I'm in no way trying to take anything from Brady he is the goat but just like montana was fortunate, they both had the privilege of playing for the absolute best coaches of their times.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Aaron Rodgers probably moves the line more than any player in the league.

He's worth about a 10 point swing.

No other player is near that. I guess Brady could be close now that they got rid of Jimmy G, but probably not 10 points.
    Cause hoody has proven in few stretches his system can win games without Brady. Sure not the super bowl as Bradys greatness pushes them over the top (just as Rodgers or manning would have most likely done same w pats!) Fat chance packers ever winning 11 games without Rodgers the way pats did w Matt stinking cassell! Excellent point bud.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Ty Law looked pretty phukin good picking off those passes from Peyton manning in the playoffs. Look, I completely understand what you're saying... even agree with a lot of the points you are making. The point I'm trying to make is.. Pure passing standpoint, this isn't even a debate. Hard for Rodgers to have the same competitive will when he's never had a running game or great defense. Come on, Devante Adams, Cobb and Jordy Nelson? What other team in the NFL are they starters on? Look what Greg Jennings was when it wasn't Rodgers wasn't throwing him the ball. New England has put Tom Brady in a position to succeed always, has never taken a beating ( Super Bowl 42 and 46 the exceptions) and has had GREAT talent around him ( Corey Dillion, Branch, Gronk, Randy, Welker) with all-time greats on the defense (Ty law, Big Willie, Lawyer, Harrison) whereas Rodgers has had James Starks as his best running back and backup safeties playing cornerback on defense. Rodgers is the best I've seen throw a ball since Dan Marino and anyone who says otherwise should get their head checked because tom Brady with all the time in the world throwing crossing and out routes to great players is not necessarily cerebral by any means.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 11-09-17 at 08:06 PM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Mccarthy - that ftat fuk needs to get fired. Guy is too stupid to coach anymore
    Guy really had the balls to stand up there this week and say he feels comfortable with his qb situation right now....

Goat Milk

Ty Law looked pretty phukin good picking off those passes from Peyton manning in the playoffs. Look, I completely understand what you're saying... even agree with a lot of the points you are making. The point I'm trying to make is.. Pure passing standpoint, this isn't even a debate. Hard for Rodgers to have the same competitive will when he's never had a running game or great defense. Come on, Devante Adams, Cobb and Jordy Nelson? What other team in the NFL are they starters on? Look what Greg Jennings was when it wasn't Rodgers wasn't throwing him the ball. New England has put Tom Brady in a position to succeed always, has never taken a beating ( Super Bowl 42 and 46 the exceptions) and has had GREAT talent around him ( Corey Dillion, Branch, Gronk, Randy, Welker) with all-time greats on the defense (Ty law, Big Willie, Lawyer, Harrison) whereas Rodgers has had James Starks as his best running back and backup safeties playing cornerback on defense. Rodgers is the best I've seen throw a ball since Dan Marino and anyone who says otherwise should get their head checked because tom Brady with all the time in the world throwing crossing and out routes to great players is not necessarily cerebral by any means.
    1. You can't be serious? Jordy Nelson would literally be the number 1 WR on every team in the NFL not named ATL (julio) Cinci (AJ) NY (Beckham) and Pit (AB). Jordy Nelson is better than Dez Bryant dude. The guy is a freak of nature. Devante Adams is amazing as well and Cobb is a great slot receiver, 1 notch down from Edelman.

2. Brady isn't cerebral? You realize Brady changes the play almost every snap at the line of scrimmage right? You know how hard it is to read the defense (which is already trying to disguise itself), then change the play or hot route at the line of scrimmage? There's only 1 other qb in history that did it like Brady and that's Payton Manning, and even Manning is one step lower than Brady when it comes to that. Brady knows EXACTLY what defense you're running, on EVERY PLAY. You said something about cerebral?

3. Brady just won a superbowl with James White as his leading RB bro.... James White is a practice squad player.

4. Did you say Dion Branch? You're comparing Dion Branch to Jordy Nelson?

5. Rodgers had Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson bro, arguably the two best defensive players in the entire NFL in 2009. They won b2b defensive player of the years I'm pretty sure... Woodson is better than anyone that ever played on the Pats defense, and it isn't close. Yeah those Pats defenses were amazing, with Hall of Famers, but don't ever try and compare Rodney Harrison or Ty Law to Charles Woodson.

Drop the mic.

thomorino

Lmao, Green Bay's defense was elite when Green Bay won the super bowl - Mathews, Collins, Woodsons, Raji, you don't know dik. Green Bay loses big games year after year with Rodgers against physical defenses because he's nothing special in the pocket.

Did you really try to cite a 30 year old Dillon and Randy Moss - who played with Brady for 1 year, as evidence Brady has a lot of talent around him. Gronk was never healthy in the super bowl. Welker wasn't dik before he played with Brady, and Branch is not better than Nelson.
    Last edited by thomorino; 11-10-17 at 05:35 PM.

thomorino

1. You can't be serious? Jordy Nelson would literally be the number 1 WR on every team in the NFL not named ATL (julio) Cinci (AJ) NY (Beckham) and Pit (AB). Jordy Nelson is better than Dez Bryant dude. The guy is a freak of nature. Devante Adams is amazing as well and Cobb is a great slot receiver, 1 notch down from Edelman.

2. Brady isn't cerebral? You realize Brady changes the play almost every snap at the line of scrimmage right? You know how hard it is to read the defense (which is already trying to disguise itself), then change the play or hot route at the line of scrimmage? There's only 1 other qb in history that did it like Brady and that's Payton Manning, and even Manning is one step lower than Brady when it comes to that. Brady knows EXACTLY what defense you're running, on EVERY PLAY. You said something about cerebral?

3. Brady just won a superbowl with James White as his leading RB bro.... James White is a practice squad player.

4. Did you say Dion Branch? You're comparing Dion Branch to Jordy Nelson?

5. Rodgers had Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson bro, arguably the two best defensive players in the entire NFL in 2009. They won b2b defensive player of the years I'm pretty sure... Woodson is better than anyone that ever played on the Pats defense, and it isn't close. Yeah those Pats defenses were amazing, with Hall of Famers, but don't ever try and compare Rodney Harrison or Ty Law to Charles Woodson.

Drop the mic.
    Lol, Shocka is a clown and a moron - he comes into my threads and gets slaughtered everyday. He cites a 30 year old Dillon as evidence Brady had great talent around him. Deion Branch.

Rodgers had Driver,Jennings and Nelson the year he won the super bowl. Get lost.

Goat Milk

Lol, Shocka is a clown and a moron - he comes into my threads and gets slaughtered everyday. He cites a 30 year old Dillon as evidence Brady had great talent around him. Deion Branch.

Rodgers had Driver,Jennings and Nelson the year he won the super bowl. Get lost.
    Na he's a good guy, but I won this battle. Laid out my points in numerical form above. Every point top notch.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Hundley is trash, Tebow might be better

Savage, Hundley, McCowan, Mallet, Stanton all start. Yet a SB qb sits at home. One who dropped 256 rushing at gb funny enough

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Savage, Hundley, McCowan, Mallet, Stanton all start. Yet a SB qb sits at home. One who dropped 256 rushing at gb funny enough
    It wouldn't be hard for Kap to come back into the NFL and get a job. All he would have to do is set up a interview with one of those ESPN anchors, and apologize for offending anyone, and say he still stands by his ideals, but realizes that he's getting paid millions and living a dream playing in the NFL. And that he wanted to use that platform to do good, but didn't mean to offend so many people. Blah blah blah.

The reason Kap didn't get a job is because he did somethign so controversial, spoke up, then just went into hiding.

Now teams are saying, f....if we hire this guy, are we gonna lose fans? Viewers? Sponsors? Money?

But....if he came out and did that interview, maybe even with like a news station instead of espn, so it hits all of america, then people will start talking about him again in a new light....and then owners would feel more comfortable taking a chance on him.

thomorino

Na he's a good guy, but I won this battle. Laid out my points in numerical form above. Every point top notch.
    Yeah, some of your points were decent. Charles Woodson was definitely not the 2nd best defensive player in the league the year GB won the super bowl - he was at the end of his career. Branch in his prime was every bit as good as Nelson.

2daBank

It wouldn't be hard for Kap to come back into the NFL and get a job. All he would have to do is set up a interview with one of those ESPN anchors, and apologize for offending anyone, and say he still stands by his ideals, but realizes that he's getting paid millions and living a dream playing in the NFL. And that he wanted to use that platform to do good, but didn't mean to offend so many people. Blah blah blah.

The reason Kap didn't get a job is because he did somethign so controversial, spoke up, then just went into hiding.

Now teams are saying, f....if we hire this guy, are we gonna lose fans? Viewers? Sponsors? Money?

But....if he came out and did that interview, maybe even with like a news station instead of espn, so it hits all of america, then people will start talking about him again in a new light....and then owners would feel more comfortable taking a chance on him.
    I think he was actually on cusp of being let back in when his dumb ass old lady did that tweet with ray Lewis and balty owner portrayed as the characters from that movie (can't think of name if movie right this minute, lol).

2daBank

Yeah, some of your points were decent. Charles Woodson was definitely not the 2nd best defensive player in the league the year GB won the super bowl - he was at the end of his career. Branch in his prime was every bit as good as Nelson.
    Impossible to really compare, jordy probably better deep threat branch way quicker in and out of cuts if I remember correctly.

thomorino

Impossible to really compare, jordy probably better deep threat branch way quicker in and out of cuts if I remember correctly.
    Jordy caught more deep balls because Rodgers extends plays, Branch was faster, harder to cover.

First 1234 Last