mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

In Case You're Wondering Why Lane Kiffin Took a Safety.....

From his Twitter account (Responding to a tweet mentioning he just cost people who bet them at -6):

(In case he takes it down) "Didn't want to cover because of too much rat poison #keptuwatching #5-0 #cometothefau#playersgetweekendoff"
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-03-17 at 10:59 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Wow admitting to match fixing isn't a smart idea!

Looked at the play by play and they lost 43 yards in 4 plays or something? Was it that obvious live?

Were they covering? I don't know what the line was. I'd be fuming if so!

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Lane Kiffin is such a clown. I can't believe he actually replied back to that tweet

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Only reason he did that was to give the 5-0 BTP winners more points

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

FBI investigation coming

In NCAAF to even acknowledge any kind of betting lines is a major fvk up

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Wow admitting to match fixing isn't a smart idea!
    Looked at the play by play and they lost 43 yards in 4 plays or something? Was it that obvious live?
    from what i read, they took a knee 3 times, would have taken a knee a fourth time but lane didn't realize that it wouldn't run the clock out completely. so he had the punter run backwards - my assumption - for a safety..... the media coverage i saw made it seem like lane kiffin with terrible clock management.

i too couldn't figure out how they lost 43 yards by mostly kneeling...

i don't understand the "rat poison" reference.

talk about making friends - i mean to comment on it, not the blown cover.....

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

They were up by 7 before the safety with the line hovering between -6 and -6.5. They won by 5.

The rat poison is to troll Nick Saban who has used that reference before to complain about previous coverage of the team (Kiffin has used that term before in previous tweets).
    http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/p...t-poison-tweet

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    from what i read, they took a knee 3 times, would have taken a knee a fourth time but lane didn't realize that it wouldn't run the clock out completely. so he had the punter run backwards - my assumption - for a safety..... the media coverage i saw made it seem like lane kiffin with terrible clock management.

i too couldn't figure out how they lost 43 yards by mostly kneeling...

talk about making friends - i mean to comment on it, not the blown cover.....
    Yeah I looked more closely he tried running time off with the qb but there was still 14 seconds left, punter managed to run off 6 more seconds. I can see how he'll get away with this.

Still odd though instead of at worst being a tie game with a punt return/block return he gave them a very slim shot to win.

That tweet was dumn a.f if it's legit which it appears to be though.

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

I remember Don Shula doing that once, but he had punter run around a bit first.............but it was so long ago I dont remember if the line was in question or not

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

How does this guy go from coaching the Oakland Raiders, USC and Alabama to coaching at FIU? Is he rly that awful?

Mase of Base

Got his punter drilled to! Dude went flying into the fence!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Intentional safety impacted NFL playoff game GBay vs Detroit. -4 line, GB up 6, had to kill off about 10 seconds. Ran into endzone, as time expires Safety to land 4. Might have been some -4.5's.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Got his punter drilled to! Dude went flying into the fence!
    i don't completely understand it myself....... punting it away isn't riskless but neither is having your punter run backwards for 20+ yards.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Intentional safety impacted NFL playoff game GBay vs Detroit. -4 line, GB up 6, had to kill off about 10 seconds. Ran into endzone, as time expires Safety to land 4. Might have been some -4.5's.
    I can recall a few instances where it's happened and it's been the right play. If you're inside your own 5 with time about to expire punting from the back of the end zone isn't a great idea but this was at the 23 or something and he had all day to punt, they brought plenty of pressure but no way it was getting blocked.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    How does this guy go from coaching the Oakland Raiders, USC and Alabama to coaching at FIU? Is he rly that awful?
    Not a terrible coach, it's just that everyone hates him.

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Wow dodged a bullet on this one . Had $275 bet on FAU -6.5 not accept right before kickoff or as kickoff happened.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Otters27

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Kiffin has turned this FAU turned around. They were God awful last year and now they are already bowling for the first time since 2008. They just beat a good Marshall team but I was surprised how they screwed up the clock management at the end. FAU DB intercepts Marshall on 4th down, when he should have just batted the ball down in the first place backed FAU up a bit. There was like 2:40 on the clock and they immediately start taking knees. WTF? Do these coaches take math? They didn't realize it until 2nd down where they tried to run around a bit but they should have just ran the ball 3 times and get a first and kill the game but too late. So now they're backed up and instead of punting he takes the safety, which might be the better percentage but damn that killed FAU backers. Talk about bad beats.

Kiffin has become a Tweeter fool. He posts a lot of shit these days. He should have shut the hell up about this one. Now, even though he pisses people off, I would love to have him at Florida. He's one guy that can compete with evil Nicky.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Kiffin has turned this FAU turned around. They were God awful last year and now they are already bowling for the first time since 2008. They just beat a good Marshall team but I was surprised how they screwed up the clock management at the end. FAU DB intercepts Marshall on 4th down, when he should have just batted the ball down in the first place backed FAU up a bit. There was like 2:40 on the clock and they immediately start taking knees. WTF? Do these coaches take math? They didn't realize it until 2nd down where they tried to run around a bit but they should have just ran the ball 3 times and get a first and kill the game but too late. So now they're backed up and instead of punting he takes the safety, which might be the better percentage but damn that killed FAU backers. Talk about bad beats.

Kiffin has become a Tweeter fool. He posts a lot of shit these days. He should have shut the hell up about this one. Now, even though he pisses people off, I would love to have him at Florida. He's one guy that can compete with evil Nicky.
    Backed up is a bit of a stretch, they would of punted the ball after the safety from worse field position. I can't find what happened on the kick but there was still 8 seconds after the punter got smashed.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Seems like if he didnt want to risk a handoff just have the qb under center and go into the line and fall down by the time they unpile and spot the ball it would of used up more time. Even snapping the ball backwards is a risk. It was pretty wet 2nd half.

Mac4Lyfe

Backed up is a bit of a stretch, they would of punted the ball after the safety from worse field position. I can't find what happened on the kick but there was still 8 seconds after the punter got smashed.
    The DB intercepting the ball backed FAU up when all he had to do was bat the ball down and FAU would have had the ball in Marshall territory. There was too much time on the clock which is why the took the safety and kicked. They should have just ran the ball but maybe their RB's have fumbleitis.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Only reason he did that was to give the 5-0 BTP winners more points
    Prick had FAU -7.5 and they were only up by 7 before the safety but when did a little thing like a .5 miscalculation stop you

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    Seems like if he didnt want to risk a handoff just have the qb under center and go into the line and fall down by the time they unpile and spot the ball it would of used up more time. Even snapping the ball backwards is a risk. It was pretty wet 2nd half.
    Very poor clock management. Not sure why so many coaches screw up with simple numbers. Just run the ball 3 times and you might burn the clock or even get a first down. It was wet so maybe he knew better???

Mase of Base

The DB intercepting the ball backed FAU up when all he had to do was bat the ball down and FAU would have had the ball in Marshall territory. There was too much time on the clock which is why the took the safety and kicked. They should have just ran the ball but maybe their RB's have fumbleitis.
    Agree but you see it time and time again those get picked and it'll keep happening, natural instinct.

The big one is the tweet though, he's saying he fixed the match at the end. I'm interested to see what comes of that.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

They short kicked it and an upback caught it and started a lateral frenzy. He could have just gone down at about their own 40 and tried a hail mary because they still would have had a few seconds.

Mac4Lyfe

Agree but you see it time and time again those get picked and it'll keep happening, natural instinct.

The big one is the tweet though, he's saying he fixed the match at the end. I'm interested to see what comes of that.
    I played free safety some and knew to bat the ball down on 4th and long. Guys just want to pad their stats. It's selfish.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Prick had FAU -7.5 and they were only up by 7 before the safety but when did a little thing like a .5 miscalculation stop you
    Jesus Christ dude , what the fukk does the pricks pick have to do with BTP winners ? He hasn't won a week yet has he ? If the Prick loses the winners will get less points .
    Piss poor reference you're trying to use vs poor record keeping .
    Grown fukkin men can answer for themselves if they tail losses , you included .

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kiffin is the most unprofessional coach.

Wish the school would fire him for making a statement on a spread.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

It should be bigger than the school, match fixing is illegal and he's essentially admitted to it. Got the feeling this will be a non story but if some goal keeper in Europe banged a goal into his own net because the manager told him to for a gambling spread there would be hell to pay.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kiffin won't be at FAU long maybe enough to impregnate one of the cheer leaders he will go back to a big school next year how bout lane kiffin to missouri next year they do play alabama just saying
    Last edited by slapshot81; 11-04-17 at 03:08 AM.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

SEC will have several HC vacancies to fill
    Florida , LSU , Auburn , Gus is gone once Jacobs is axed . Tennessee , Texas A&M
    Someone better get Miles , crazy not too . Sure he's crazy but LSU sure misses him

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Kiffin is a flat out winner. He's an offensive genius. He likes to stir the pot and the fans love it. FAU has never had this much excitement before. His tweet was to troll Saban which he's been doing a lot lately. No one will fire or chastise him on that tweet. Kiffin does not care about a damn spread, which is why he took the safety. Nothing to see here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This guys going to be fired one season is over

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Did any reporter ask Chryst (WIS) about kicking the late fg to cover spread?

Pretty obvious what he was doing.

Mase of Base

Kiffin is a flat out winner. He's an offensive genius. He likes to stir the pot and the fans love it. FAU has never had this much excitement before. His tweet was to troll Saban which he's been doing a lot lately. No one will fire or chastise him on that tweet. Kiffin does not care about a damn spread, which is why he took the safety. Nothing to see here.
    Then why did he say it? I get the second part of his statement. But saying "Didin't want to cover" only has one implication and it ain't trolling Saban. What the fuk would Saban care about their spread, why would even care about FAU actually.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't know why he said that cuz i'm sure ncaa will have to open up an investigation now and check to see if he's been placing any wagers once they start digging who knows what they will find

12 Last