The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    None of the stars on this current roster has ever won or even remotely competed as the man on their respective teams

Westbrook superior athlete and superior moron IQ wise. That's not even debatable. West coast teams were drooling at getting okc in the first round last yr. He's the doorknob when the games count, everyone wants a turn

Melo was always a cancer after leaving denver where Billups and iverson covered up for him

Pg13 had 1 good yr on a stacked pacers squad that couldn't beat lebron with the zebras on their side

Bunch of individual regular season stat stuffers on .500 win teams or worse. None of these clowns comparable to kawhi let alone lebron or durant
    I'm confused by what you mean saying that none of these players has ever won or competed as the man on their teams

Russ was the MVP last year and arguably had the best season in the history of basketball. He also led okc many years in the playoffs when KD disappeared. Anyone that follows OKC basketball closely knows that Westbrook carried OKC in the playoffs the year okc made it to the conference finals and that was a year the West was stacked. Look at the last few years OKC lost in the playoffs when KD was healthy and you'll see he was the one with the 4q turnovers, missed shots, not Westbrook. KD never won anything until he went to the best team in the NBA that probably would've won it last year even without him.

As for PG13 and Melo, well I kinda agree. Melo has been cancerous but he's in a new spot, you're acting like guys don't change, and I disagree. I think Melo might actually be the beta and when he gets comfortable he's gonna be a good contributor. His shooting % will be an all time high this year.

I don't know much about PG13 but last night he missed a lot of wide open 3's because Russ drove and kicked out. I can't imagine he'll miss those all year but maybe, I know the least about him.

This I promise, by midseason, my opinion of this team will be right and yours will be wrong.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 10-23-17 at 12:47 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

My opinions are of the players, not the team

By winner i mean contender and westbrook was NEVER that last yr. Everyone and anyone who knows ball knew that

1st round fodder material

Westbrook a black hole, maybe things will change but his low bball IQ cost durant at least 1 title perhaps 2 and okc lost the best player they ever had

U buy to much into stats,I'm guessing u never played ball at a high level in some sort of organized school team or AAU

shadymcgrady

Relax krak, I'm not attacking ur beloved thunder.

I like pg13s game, he's just mentally soft. Played alot like him when I was younger and before I realized the nba was never going to be for me

Westbrook the hands down best pound for pound athlete in the league since pre miami lebron

Melo has incredible footwork and still one of the best scorers in the league today

I'm not rooting against okc, I'm just using a pessimistic approach as everyone should when engaging a super team

These are all stars and all nba team players after all

shadymcgrady

All of these guys are also on 1 yr loaner or leases so to speak

Odds are that only 1 or none of them are on this roster by next season

There is of course a chance but that means beating dub nation and going to the finals in order for these guys to remain but that's unlikely and unknown

Pg13 probably gonna want max money even if westy and melo don't

This team looks an awful lot like the Rockets team in the 90s with pippen, barkley and Drexler that failed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never will win either with Westbrook
    He just likes to pad stats nightly

Cannot see entire floor..they would be better with Ball instead of Westbrook

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

I agree def not a fan of the players they got to play with Westbrook tbh yea there "big names" BUT this 3 isn't a good combination imo Westbrook is hard to play with period great player but very hard to play with. Melo isn't the player he used to be I mean George an all-star yea but he's not going to be the piece that takes them even to the Western Conference finals...I think Twolves have a good chance of finishing as good or even better then OKC and they got a way higher up side moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    never will win either with Westbrook
    He just likes to pad stats nightly

Cannot see entire floor..they would be better with Ball instead of Westbrook

Watergate
    Watergate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5388

Hell of a shot at the buzzer by Wggins

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

I no and he was fumbling it on his way up... I like him a lot i think he's goona be top 5 player in the league in 2 years can put the ball in the hoop from anywhere on the floor and looks like there going to him when they need a big bucket over there $20 million doller man this year Jimmy Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
    Hell of a shot at the buzzer by Wggins

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohnson View Post
    I no and he was fumbling it on his way up... I like him a lot i think he's goona be top 5 player in the league in 2 years can put the ball in the hoop from anywhere on the floor and looks like there going to him when they need a big bucket over there $20 million doller man this year Jimmy Butler.
    Minnesota using an interesting approach with wiggins terrible defense

Rather than ask him to learn how to play it they bought and brought a good defensive player in butler on the wing so that wiggins can focus more on scoring

We've seen it with bigs like deandre playing defense for blake or Lopez for Aldridge when they were in Portland but haven't rly seen it implemented with wings

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

But honestly who does play defense any more in the NBA unless Pop is your coach lol and Thibodeau is a defense coach so he knows what he's getting from Butler & Gibson having coached them in Chicago also Teague & Towns are pretty solid defensively therselves...They still need Butler to avg between 15-17 a game though to get where they wanna go... I personally like Thibodeau as a coach i think he's a little underated in most peoples eyes.

Minnesota using an interesting approach with wiggins terrible defense

Rather than ask him to learn how to play it they bought and brought a good defensive player in butler on the wing so that wiggins can focus more on scoring

We've seen it with bigs like deandre playing defense for blake or Lopez for Aldridge when they were in Portland but haven't rly seen it implemented with wings

The Kraken

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but it was basically what I thought it would be, OKC won big and did it with Westbrook leading them. There is no other way for this team, once again, they'll go as far as Russ takes them. The hope is that when he has an off night, either PG or Melo can pick up the slack, especially in the playoffs. Lets be honest, opposing teams still have to respect Melo and PG, they're not just gonna leave those guy all alone behind the arc and hopefully that opens up the lane a bit for Russ as the season goes on.

Gonna ride the wave again tomorrow AGAIN

OKC Vs. Minny

Should be another good game between these two, I think OKC is better but not by a wide margin. I will be most interested to see which adjustments OKC makes from the first matchup. It would be nice to see them beat a quality team

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I watched the Wolves the last 2 games and they had a big problem with teams running and gunning against them and they have a major problem when they have to switch on defense. OKC should be able to win tomorrow if Russ just leads them like we said

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Kraken, what is your record on non-posted plays?

Great job yesterday.

The Kraken

I have no clue, I bet a lot of games. Lifetime I was up until a few years ago, I’m probably close to even or slightly down now. I don’t track any longer so I could be way off

However, this wasn’t a non posted play, I posted on page 1 that I was going to take OKC in the indy game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Tonight is hard because Minny coming off a loss.

The Kraken

True LB but minny Just beat OKC two games ago on a buzzer beater, I think OKC takes this one

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    True LB but minny Just beat OKC two games ago on a buzzer beater, I think OKC takes this one
    Agree Krackerjack, betting NBA is all about revenge imo.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Tonight is hard because Minny coming off a loss.
    when they played detroit, they were coming off a 20 pt loss at home against the pacers and got hammered by 20 points AGAIN

hard to back a road fav on a friday night and i have been cold the last week but i will take my chances with okc

Pauulzcappin

only debating on ml or -2

shadymcgrady

Revenge factor a good but popular angle tonight

What's jimmy butlers status for the wolves?

If he's out again they don't have anyone that can guard pg on the wing

Pauulzcappin

Revenge factor a good but popular angle tonight

What's jimmy butlers status for the wolves?
    probable

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    probable
    Thibs probably gonna have him switching off between George and westy on screens and max him out at our approaching 40min tonight then

Still like okc here

Pauulzcappin

it's funny because i thought the thunder was supposed to be a fade during this stretch while they find themselves but wolves are even worse

opening line was very telling, this should be a pick or minny -1.5

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

OKC -2 is too good to be true....
    Probably will lose again SU,or win by 1 or 2 ahahah

Pauulzcappin

refing is not very good this evening, a lot of calls going the wolves way

The Kraken

Tough loss, the big 3 for OKC played well, all shooting over 50%, pretty efficient, Westbrook was Westbrook tonight and they still lost. Their D leaves a lot to be desired at this point and they haven't really been a great 3pt shooting team yet which I think will eventually change because they're missing wide open 3's. When Russ drives, he either scores, gets fouled or the D collapses on that side and he kicks out, other guys have to make 3's because they opportunity is there for them.

They're at Chicago tomorrow, line is -9 which seems high to me especially on a back to back

BUT..... I'm putting another unit on them tomorrow

So far, they've beat up on the bad teams and Chicago is a bad team.

1unit on OKC -9

And after tomorrow night, my record betting on them will mirror their record.

Milwaukee looms and they're not a scary team by any means by I gotta think after KAT's big games against OKC, I believe Giannis too will have a huge game.

The Kraken

I'm also thinking what Sam Presti might have up his sleeve near the trade deadline

If OKC isn't stellar and not showing signs of being a championship team, he could off load PG or Carmelo seeing as OKC hardly gave anything up for them. Send PG to Houston or Boston.

Presti is always working an angle

The Kraken

We’re starting to see how this OKC team is going to play this season. Westbrook is going to alternate between taking games over with his scoring, and trying to facilitate for melo and pg, reminds me a bit of LBJ. It will be impossible to predict what Russ we get on a nightly basis.

I will bet OKC against every bad team they play this year. They’re a team that’s good enough to blow out bad teams and probably mediocre teams. Whether they will consistently beat good teams is a toss up.

Im now 3-3 in this thread minus juice

Gonna back em again against the mediocre Bucks.

The Kraken

Paulz what do you think about the giannis vs OKC?

The Kraken

Thunder keep winning

And so does Kraken

Pauulzcappin

Paulz what do you think about the giannis vs OKC?
    didn't see this post and was watching mlb tonight but i laid off after leaning thunder the majority of the day

i wonder what the line will be against the celtics, if its -4.5 or less its hammer time

congrats on the win, by the score it was an easy one

The Kraken

Next up is the C's on Friday

OKC will have two days rest, C's will have one

Game is in OKC and I'd guess line would be OKC -3

C's are 5-2, lost their first two games and have reeled off five in a row. Needless to say they're figuring out how to play without GH.

OKC is 4-3, 2 game winning streak.

This game will likely be similar to the OKC-Minny games. Both teams loaded with talent but lack depth. So far, I've been impressed with OKC's perimeter defense and their guard play of D. OKC's glaring weakness on D is their front line. They've been destroyed by KAT and Giannis. Celtics have Horford and Tatum and they're going to stress this OKC defense.

Lets see what the line is but I'm 99% sure given how well Boston has been playing and the Horford/Tatum combo;

I'll be betting 2.5 units on OKC to cover

Check in Giant you wigger, I've won enough money in this thread alone to buy your entire family

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    didn't see this post and was watching mlb tonight but i laid off after leaning thunder the majority of the day

i wonder what the line will be against the celtics, if its -4.5 or less its hammer time

congrats on the win, by the score it was an easy one
    Ya, it was an easy one. None of the big 3 even hit 30 minutes in this game.

Good to see we're thinking the same thing on Friday, I'm guessing -3

Good luck

Pauulzcappin

Ya, it was an easy one. None of the big 3 even hit 30 minutes in this game.

Good to see we're thinking the same thing on Friday, I'm guessing -3

Good luck

Public perception will be big on the opener since it's an espn game. If it opens at -2ish or so I think celtics would be the play in the books' head
    will be a good one for sure regardless, thunder has more talent and it will show

Pauulzcappin

Thunder -5.5

they are clearly the play at this opener but I think we should wait for a better line

First 123 Last