BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Good

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The coach is right, it distracts from the real issues. He's trying to teach the kids a lesson the pro player activists never learned. The coach did the right thing by saying what he would do and why before it all went down.

Let's see if this thread gets to 15 pages as well.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Their coach must have seen how well the players protesting worked out for the Raiders last Sunday night.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That is great teach these motherfuckers a lesson

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not a big fan of nationalism, but let's face it, that's all the US has. We don't have a common culture that dates back, we don't even really have a common language. We were born out of revolution and if every citizen can't respect the nationalistic ideal, there is nothing left for Americans as a country.

Attacking the country and the one thing that binds us all together is a poor way to draw attention to any issues. It's not working and kudos to the coach for recognizing that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlowilly

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

This will end up in court, lets see how they interpret it. I have no problem with it because it teaches kids that actions have consequences, and sometimes unfair consequences.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    This will end up in court, lets see how they interpret it. I have no problem with it because it teaches kids that actions have consequences, and sometimes unfair consequences.
    Looks like it's a private school, don't see how it gets to court. If it was a public school, there might be grounds.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Good fuk them. Their race causes the most crime and they want to bitch about cops. How about wake the fuk up and be accountable for a fukin second of your life. Bunch of pussies crying about the dumbest shit ever. If they took one second to look at reality and stats it wouldn't even be an issue. At least now both can try at getting an education and setting these dulards straight. Tired of the cry baby shit. Grow a pair of balls and me a fukin man.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Looks like it's a private school, don't see how it gets to court. If it was a public school, there might be grounds.
    Even if it was public, the courts have usually given more leeway to schools when it comes to extracurricular activities.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Ummm that’s unconstitutional... lawsuits coming their way.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Posters thinking students have rights.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Posters thinking students have rights.
    Just Mayan, must have done a double shot of roids tonight.

The Kraken

Stop being unreasonable folks, of course students have rights and can sue the school here. I never said I sides with the students or that I thought they would win but this will end up in court for interpretation of discrimination.

Private vs public doesn’t matter as neither entity is free to act without legal consequences.

My guess is the aclu will represent these kids

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

All of this protesting done by amateur or pro athletes should take place on their own time, not while they are suited up representing the team. Good to see the coach make an example of these two for blatantly disregarding his specific instructions.

Foxx

Stop being unreasonable folks, of course students have rights and can sue the school here. I never said I sides with the students or that I thought they would win but this will end up in court for interpretation of discrimination.

Private vs public doesn’t matter as neither entity is free to act without legal consequences.

My guess is the aclu will represent these kids
    Ok then, on what grounds?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Discrimination.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They can sue all they want, but won't win shit but another story in the news.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Rules are rules.

Head coach Ronnie Mitchem, a former Marine, said he told players not to protest during the anthem, although he supported the players kneeling after a touchdown or writing a paper about social injustice to distribute to people in attendance, per the Houston Chronicle.
    Dumb kids didn't take it seriously apparently.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Good

People need to learn to follow rules. Regardless of how you feel about the issues, if your told by someone in charge what you can or cant do, either follow it, or quit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    They can sue all they want, but won't win shit but another story in the news.
    100% agree

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Ok then, on what grounds?
    On the grounds that anyone can sue anyone for anything and any amount. I can't believe you're naive enough to believe there's not some ACLU lawyer chomping at the bit to capitalize on this moment because it's a hot topic

And because they're black

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

On the grounds that anyone can sue anyone for anything and any amount. I can't believe you're naive enough to believe there's not some ACLU lawyer chomping at the bit to capitalize on this moment because it's a hot topic

And because they're black
    That's fair.

Foxx

On the grounds that anyone can sue anyone for anything and any amount. I can't believe you're naive enough to believe there's not some ACLU lawyer chomping at the bit to capitalize on this moment because it's a hot topicAnd because they're black
    Well, we'll see. There is not even a school district involved as the team is a private organization that offers a football program for homeschooled children as well as private school children who's schools do not have programs. I get that anyone can more or less bring a lawsuit for whatever dumb reason, but it doesn't mean it will get very far. You still haven't answered my question about on what grounds they will sue.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

The "anyone can sue anyone" thing is dumb. obviously we are only concerned about something legit that could actually get to a trial/settlement.

The Kraken

Honestly, I’m not smart enough to answer that as I don’t know the law that well. But I’ve never met a good attorney that couldn’t find something.

im not disagreeing that it probably won’t go far and probably shouldn’t go far, but that’s why I said in my OP I’d be interested to see how a court interprets it. I’ve been surprised before.

This is a hot button issue right right now and generally these opportunities are not wasted.

With that said, if I had to guess the grounds this would be brought forth on, given the current political climate and that both kids just happened to be black, Id guess racial discrimination.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    The "anyone can sue anyone" thing is dumb. obviously we are only concerned about something legit that could actually get to a trial/settlement.
    The anyone can sue anyone for anything is not dumb at all

Many frivolous lawsuits have been settled out of court for no real reason other than one party was willing to pay off the other part just to disappear.

People have won won and lost money before simply because anyone can sue anyone.

In this instance, money isn’t on the line, notoriety is as well as precedent. You never know how a particular judge will rule and the precedent that seya, even if you think the lawsuit is dumb. Appeals will follow but all of the sudden, the stupid case without merit has made waves.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i think small claims is 55 dollars so yes anyone can sue anyone. Hopefully it makes the jewish beetch in New York