Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Is it just me, or did it seem like the teams that had the most people protesting last week all lost?
    Well the raiders had most of their player protesting and lost. They were going to stay in the locker room until they understood they would be penalized for it.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Good news. Free market at work. You piss off your customers, they will leave. Blame should be on the NFL Owners. They could have abided by their own laws (which says NFL players must stand for the anthem). Instead, they chose the wrong side and are going to lose a ton of $$$$.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jt315

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Good news. Free market at work. You piss off your customers, they will leave. Blame should be on the NFL Owners. They could have abided by their own laws (which says NFL players must stand for the anthem). Instead, they chose the wrong side and are going to lose a ton of $$$$.
    I hope they all protest again next week.. That will really get the fans and customers walking.. This is only the start... NFL really is in trouble right now.. It all depends on what the players do Thursday and Sunday coming up...

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I hope they all protest again next week.. That will really get the fans and customers walking.. This is only the start... NFL really is in trouble right now.. It all depends on what the players do Thursday and Sunday coming up...
    If they pull this stunt at the Super Bowl, it'll have a worse negative effect than the 1994 MLB Strike. Fans will leave and not come back.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Never cease to amaze how american idiots always fall for the tricks. It wont hit you till the league is gone and youre being slaughtered in the streets, race will be the last thing on your mind then lol.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

Cancelling a service cuz a couple of guys take a knee.

Sounds like a snowflake move

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

Power Move

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

I am looking forward to watching NFL Sunday Ticket again this weekend.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Goodell will take the heat for this after it's all said and done...

What does he make a year? 28-35 million??

And he couldn't make a simple logical business decision?

Classic master of all fukk ups.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If they pull this stunt at the Super Bowl, it'll have a worse negative effect than the 1994 MLB Strike. Fans will leave and not come back.
    If every team pulls this same stunt next week fans will leave and not come back.. League is gonna suffer big time if the players keep this up.. American people just won't stand for the disrespect of the National Anthem especially when Trump is calling them out on it and not backing off... White people are the bulk of the paying customers for the NFL also..

League and owners better tell these players to quite it now.. Protest in other ways but leave the National Anthem alone.. If they don't team owners will be suffering huge revenue losses.. That's not gonna go over well with the league in general in the end...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-26-17 at 10:04 PM.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Thanks for posting this!
    I cancelled today
    Shute
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Shute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

Wasn't a couple. It was over 200.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Shute will watch
    Shute not paying NFL ticket
    SHUTE WINS

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

JIBS will watch
    JIBS will also make a point to never spend one red cent on the NFL this year

I'm out until things clean up and the NFL becomes an America sport again and not some race protesting Anthem bashing team clown show..

This is what paying fans like...

This is what paying fans don't like....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-26-17 at 10:41 PM.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    CEO is white

So is Goodell, most of the sports ANALysts on TV and most of the owners. Oh yeah. And most of the NFL fans and the population. NFL is donesky.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

JIBS will watch
    JIBS will make a point to never spend one red cent on the NFL this year

I'm out until things clean up and the NFL becomes an America sport again and not some race protesting Anthem bashing team clown show..
    Im mad at the media for making the players look like heroes. NFL should have told the networks to not show Kaepernick during the anthem. Goodells favorable popularity is way lower than Trumps. Only way I go back is if Kaepernick tongues Trumps a hole on live TV.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Is it still considered protesting if you only watch through Reddit steams since it doesn't count towards the T.V. ratings?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Is it still considered protesting if you only watch through Reddit steams since it doesn't count towards the T.V. ratings?
    No because the NFL is not making money off stream sites.. Can't track views either for paid advertising and ratings.. Streaming is one way to cut out money flow to the NFL.. That's what I'm doing if I feel I need to watch a certain game.. Highlights on ESPN will work for now.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    How did you get it for $280. I am getting charged 62.99 x 6
    I don't pay anything for it. I haven't for years.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Nope but it's hypocritical.

But this is even more hypocritical. It's a free country but these blacks better do what I want them to do. Why are they protesting anyway? They have it good. I hate mixing politics and sports. I hate protesters. You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to stop watching this shit in Protest.

Kaepernick takes a knee and he forces the panties in a bunch people to protest at home on their couch.

Mac4Lyfe

No because the NFL is not making money off stream sites.. Can't track views either for paid advertising and ratings.. Streaming is one way to cut out money flow to the NFL.. That's what I'm doing if I feel I need to watch a certain game.. Highlights on ESPN will work for now.
    Jibbby - This is hypocritical. You said you won't watch but now you just will watch on some shitty stream. You do know everyone of those streams makes money through advertising and is easily tracked???

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Im mad at the media for making the players look like heroes. NFL should have told the networks to not show Kaepernick during the anthem. Goodells favorable popularity is way lower than Trumps. Only way I go back is if Kaepernick tongues Trumps a hole on live TV.
    That's what the media does.. Then they make it a point to make Trump look like the bad guy for calling them out.. This is already starting to back fire though..

Trump isn't losing on this one.. Americans are patriotic by nature and will side with Trump and the flag on this.. I think even Liberal and Democratic Americans will come around eventually.. We are all American and this is unacceptable behavior being displayed during OUR AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM.. JUST NOT COOL!!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Jibbby - This is hypocritical. You said you won't watch but now you just will watch on some shitty stream. You do know everyone of those streams makes money through advertising and is easily tracked???
    I know Mac.. I love the game and bet on it, just don't want the NFL to make money off me til they clean this shiiit show up... That's where I stand right now.. That's my right to do just that..

Slightly hypocritical I know but atleast I'm being honest.. I do love the game..
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

Kaepernick takes a knee and he forces the panties in a bunch people to protest at home on their couch.
    Is that how this started? By Kaepernick taking a knee?

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Haha fake news

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Streams are actually pretty good. They can track all they want, you don't get in trouble for watching streams. My lazy ass will stream it in my room even if it's on local in the living room.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Almost - a backup scrub sat on the bench for the anthem during last year's preseason (No one noticed till Week 3 btw) and now its a full blown shit show! Pretty amazing... Thanks Kap

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Nope but it's hypocritical.

But this is even more hypocritical. It's a free country but these blacks better do what I want them to do. Why are they protesting anyway? They have it good. I hate mixing politics and sports. I hate protesters. You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to stop watching this shit in Protest.

So it's ok for the players to protest and exercise their free speech, but you're not allowed to exercise your free speech and criticize the players? Personally, I don't care if they take a knee or link arms or whatever, but the NFL should be consistent and allow all speech then (like when they wouldn't let the Cowboys wear decals for the cop shooting in Dallas or when they wouldn't let players wear cleats to commemorate 9/11). The first amendment isn't just freedom of speech, but it's freedom of association and disassociation. Why do I have to continue to associate and support someone/business if they say/do something I don't agree with? Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom of consequence.

They have every right to protest, but people also have every right to call them a moron in the process.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-26-17 at 11:23 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

I really don't know how it started? I know people got VERY upset over Kaepernick. I thought Tebow started it but I never really paid attention.

I do know that people hated MLK and Ali in the 60's. They said the same awful things about them as people are saying about black athletes today. Strange that people think MLK/Ali are heroes today. Most people would hate them probably even more today because they did exactly what these guys are doing. The vocal SBR crew would crucify Ali today if they knew what he said and how he stood up.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Wasn't a couple. It was over 200.
    200 is roughly the size of 4 teams. There are 32 teams. That's less than 15%

Kermit

I really don't know how it started? I know people got VERY upset over Kaepernick. I thought Tebow started it but I never really paid attention.

I do know that people hated MLK and Ali in the 60's. They said the same awful things about them as people are saying about black athletes today. Strange that people think MLK/Ali are heroes today. Most people would hate them probably even more today because they did exactly what these guys are doing. The vocal SBR crew would crucify Ali today if they knew what he said and how he stood up.
    Kaepernick had been sitting on the bench for a couple pre-season games last year because he was pissed that he had to compete with Gabbert(the worst QB in the league) for the starting job. When he wasn't getting noticed for what he was doing, the media got a random tip that he was sitting alone on the bench along with a pic of him doing so. That is when the ball started rolling.

Kaepernick wasn't sitting in protest for anyone but himself. Then as time went by, the protesting transformed into what it is now. That was when he started taking a knee.

This was the last preseason game before the start of the season last year.

Last edited by Kermit; 09-26-17 at 11:36 PM.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

I suppose what is jarring to an individual like me is the juxtaposition of the protests here and the Charlottesville protests.

We've implicitly been asked by the Administration to understand why certain sects of society protest the removal of statues of confederate icons. These were men who stood in rebellion against our Union and killed Americans for secession.

Here we have men protesting another perceived injustice in a peaceful manner yet the Administration encourages termination and loss of livelihood for utilizing their platform.

Mac4Lyfe

So it's ok for the players to protest and exercise their free speech, but you're not allowed to exercise your free speech and criticize the players? Personally, I don't care if they take a knee or link arms or whatever, but the NFL should be consistent and allow all speech then (like when they wouldn't let the Cowboys wear decals for the cop shooting in Dallas or when they wouldn't let players wear cleats to commemorate 9/11). The first amendment isn't just freedom of speech, but it's freedom of association and disassociation. Why do I have to continue to associate and support someone/business if they say/do something I don't agree with? Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom of consequence.

They have every right to protest, but people also have every right to call them a moron in the process.
    I agree with everything you say. I think the NFL screwed up because they should have seen this shit storm coming. I would have met with Kaepernick and other players if I was Goodell and would have nipped this in the bud before it started. I would have asked Kaepernick, "What do you want", "What is your message", How do we help you"? I would then say that we are running a business, we do not want to piss off 1 buying customer by our actions. I want you to exercise your free speech because I believe you can. But, let's come to an agreement. How about you kneel before or after the anthem but stand during. If you are uncomfortable standing, please stay in the tunnel and then come out and kneel after or before. I would have worked this out with the players way before it became a problem. I would also show good faith in helping their cause by not only listening but doing with $$$. I am all about solutions. Goodell has been just as divisive as Trump, which I think is a mistake for both of them.

I believe in protest. You have every right to not watch and not patronize them but I think many of us are tired of so many protests. So why should I start a protest against the NFL when I watch it every week? That makes no sense to me. I love football. I don't care about this issue which I think is petty but a few egos got in the way. The President is supposed to unite but this one loves to troll everyone. He could have easily fixed this but he instigated it, which is a shame. Most people had moved on until he stirred the pot.

One other disturbing thing I've noticed is the total disrespect some of you have for players, especially black players. I am ashamed how some people have used this issue to call black people some of the worst things imaginable. This is why they kneel. Several people here think black people are sub human. They have totally disrespected black people, not just these athletes, BUT all black people and they expect them to respect the flag? Why would anyone want to stand when people call them the most disgraceful things ever. I am more convinced today that they need to kneel because we have a large segment of society that hate them for no other reason than that they are black. This forum feels like Nazi Germany. Totally put down and disrespect anyone not like you. It is very sad.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Back in the 60's there was real inequality for blacks, MLK preached love also. Whites were in the wrong back then.. Today Blacks have equal rights and it's nothing like the 60's.. Cops are not lynching blacks daily either like the media suggests.. Half these players don't even know what they are protesting about and alot of the people viewing it don't either... It's a shiiit show...

What people like me see is the Anthem getting trashed and the flag getting stomped on.. This is America and you don't do that at NFL football games!!! That insults many Americans and creates more division and white hatred for blacks... It's not productive at all because the protest message isn't even seen and delivered...

Players need to stop this immediately, Owners and Coaches need to stop them and fine them if they don't want to.. It's gonna hurt the league if they don't and alienate the fans...

First 12345 Last