funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Watson new permanent starter

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

HOUSTON -- After both Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson struggled in the Houston Texans' 29-7 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, head coach Bill O'Brien has a choice to make going into the team's Thursday night game against the Cincinnati Bengals: Go with the struggling Savage or live with the ups and downs that come from playing a rookie quarterback in Watson?

The offense had a disastrous first half with Savage under center and an offensive line -- that is without Duane Brown as he continues to hold out -- that did not give him time to throw. The Texans allowed 10 sacks, including six in the first half, twice resulting in fumbles.

The offensive line did improve in the second half with Greg Mancz in the game, and Watson was able to use his mobility to escape some of the pressure that Savage could not early on.

Savage was O’Brien's starter all offseason, but when he could not move the offense down the field -- he finished 7-of-13 for 62 yards and no touchdowns -- he was on a short leash.

The Texans put their faith in Savage this offseason, even after drafting Watson, but O'Brien noted at the end of training camp that Watson is coming along well, and he was impressed by how much he had improved in such a short time.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coaching staff should be fired

They watched Watson and savage compete

And picked savage

Just for that shitty decision they should be fired.

slo mo
    slo mo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 965

Agreed

slo mo
    slo mo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 965

Savage was a total sh1t show today!

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Coaching staff should be fired

They watched Watson and savage compete

And picked savage

Just for that shitty decision they should be fired.
    Savage had little chance. Had no time. Texans have coaching issues. Jac played a great game.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Jacksonville could be a .500 team this year and Houston could just suck

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

blame hurricane harvey?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Coaching staff is at least a big of a problem as the revolving door at qb. Upper management certainly to blame as well being too cheap to open up the checkbook and pay their left tackle, that clearly proving to be a great idea as they allowed double digit sacks!! Lol

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Jimmy Garoppollo for JJ Watt straight up.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Jimmy Garoppollo for JJ Watt straight up.
    Hire Kaepernick, Houston fans will be ecstatic!

Obvious troll, but at the same time I'm being serious...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Hire Kaepernick, Houston fans will be ecstatic!

Obvious troll, but at the same time I'm being serious...
    With this oline they not good enough to win a championship so only thing that makes sense is throwing Watson in the fire so they can find out if he the answer.. hopefully for their sake the offensive line play improves or they run risk of ruining him like they did Carr's brother years ago,.

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

I think Watson just needs time to adjust to the starting role, I don't see him doing too well this game but I think if they leave him in as starter for the rest of the season we may seem him get better after each week, that is if the line can keep him protected, if not you got a first year qb trying to adjust to being a starter in the NFL while getting drilled by defensive players game after game due to crappy protection that would cause any qb to make mistakes but especially a rookie thrown into starting role.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Guess he had his 15 minuets of fame. I remember last year, I think it was against the Jags, Oswieler was benched halfway through the game, Hou was down by about 17, and Savage took them back. Almost ruined my bet which is why I remember it.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The fact that both Smith and O'Brien are still employed shows why this team has been chronic underachievers. The owner may be a sharp businessman but he isn't cut out to make football decisions. He wanted Osweiler.

Until Brown is in shape and on the field, whomever is taking snaps for Texans is in for a rough season. Savage shouldn't even be in NFL much less starting.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

The fact that tom savage and Scott tolzien were both opening day starters is Just sad.

Like if those are your options just put a running back in and run the wild cat.