jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Has Anyone Froze Their Credit Reports???

The 3 agencies?

I hear the best thing to do to avoid identify theft

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Odds are half the SBR forum lacks credit worth freezing and the other half likely responsible for the theft to begin with....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: funnyb25, Coolcanuck79, Monitor-Tan, and Snowball

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Odds are half the SBR forum lacks credit worth freezing and the other half likely responsible for the theft to begin with....

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Lol... ^^^^ True...

Keeping a close eye on mine.. Equifax had a server breech the other day and lots of identities got out..

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lol... ^^^^ True...

Keeping a close eye on mine.. Equifax had a server breech the other day and lots of identities got out..
    Yup..instant change of passwords for all accounts

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

JJ bookie credit doesn't get reported.

jjgold

Sammy I hear you

Freezing credit better than monitoring services like lifelock
    Points Awarded:

sportsfanatic gave jjgold 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I'll bite...wtf does freezing a credit report mean?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

"breach" lol... more like inside job - sell info to dark web
    take a cool easy million in bitcoin.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

It's a pain in the ass.

All ************ and banks offer fraud protection, so why bother?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    "breach" lol... more like inside job - sell info to dark web
    take a cool easy million in bitcoin.
    True, breach may have been the wrong used on my part.. Most are inside jobs..

When your identity is stolen and the thieves start applying for new Crediit Caards and then max them out I can only imagine what a headache that would be trying to fix it all..

One day you probably see all your credit card limits drop or get cut off because you are behind payments on half a dozen accounts that you never opened or knew you had.. You owe $50,000 or more and the collection agencies are now coming after you...

Horrific, I hope I never have to experience that.. Identity theft is the WORSE!!!! Criminals that do that should be put away for life when caught..

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Yup..instant change of passwords for all accounts
    Equifax doesn't have your passwords

They got ss#'s, date of birth, address, some DL #'s and c c #'s.

I already have a credit monitoring service

Problem with freezing your credit is having to unfreeze it when you need to. Pain in thanballs

grease lightnin
    &

True, breach may have been the wrong used on my part.. Most are inside jobs..

When your identity is stolen and the thieves start applying for new Crediit Caards and then max them out I can only imagine what a headache that would be trying to fix it all..

One day you probably see all your credit card limits drop or get cut off because you are behind payments on half a dozen accounts that you never opened or knew you had.. You owe $50,000 or more and the collection agencies are now coming after you...

Horrific, I hope I never have to experience that.. Identity theft is the WORSE!!!! Criminals that do that should be put away for life when caught..

Nah dude. You just call the cc companies and report the fraud. Easy peasy japaneasy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Nah dude. You just call the cc companies and report the fraud. Easy peasy japaneasy
    Is that right? Well the thieves still have your SS and personal information.. You still have to stop or change that to put an end to it.. Not that easy peasy one would think..

Have you been there done that Greaser?

grease lightnin
    &

Is that right? Well the thieves still have your SS and personal information.. You still have to stop or change that to put an end to it.. Not that easy peasy one would think..

Have you been there done that Greaser?

Yeah, you could say that.

If you're really concerned then you can freeze your credit. But I was exposed in the Anthem breach and this equifax breach. Not worried.

I have credit monitoring, and if there is a new credit line in my name, I get notified via email. If it's fraudulent, just call the cc company and report the fraud. That simple.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

I checked , I'm good , it's free to verify if your detail was breached before you take it in the ass .

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    I checked , I'm good , it's free to verify if your detail was breached before you take it in the ass .
    Heard it wasn't accurate if we are talking about the same thing

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

No you can sign up at Equifax, they know who got breached , at least the SS # that was involved in the breach . Lucky, I wasn't involved in it .
    Monitoring is free for a yr I think no matter if you're a potential or not .
    Now if they say I'm good , in which they notified me I was then actually do get breached , that just brings on more of a lawsuit .

jjgold

Try to lock your credit it's such a project

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Use a credit monitoring service if you're worried. They are not expensive. Most banks and cards have automatic fraud protection. It's just par for the course anymore. If you see something, call the company and let the know. It's an easy, everyday fix anymore.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Use a credit monitoring service if you're worried. They are not expensive. Most banks and cards have automatic fraud protection. It's just par for the course anymore. If you see something, call the company and let the know. It's an easy, everyday fix anymore.
    Not worried at all about my current stuff...I am concerned about new chit opening up...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Freezing your credit should be a last resort because it means you will have to jump through hoops to unfreeze it to apply for new credit, mortgages etc...

Identity theft is a colossal headache. My sister went through it and ended up getting her ss# changed because 2 years after it was cleaned up new accounts began to appear on her reports that got maxed and stiffed. They ended up catching the culprits by sheer luck. A group of Romanians.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Not worried at all about my current stuff...I am concerned about new chit opening up...
    Services will alert you of any new lines or credit checks.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Freezing your credit should be a last resort because it means you will have to jump through hoops to unfreeze it to apply for new credit, mortgages etc...

Identity theft is a colossal headache. My sister went through it and ended up getting her ss# changed because 2 years after it was cleaned up new accounts began to appear on her reports that got maxed and stiffed. They ended up catching the culprits by sheer luck. A group of Romanians.
    Gritter 3 reporting agenicies

Freezing credit is one click now once your set up..most people do not need access to credit reports..lucky 2 times a year???

Lifelock too expensive and cannot lock your credit....

Best way sign up at all 3 credit bureaus pay small fee at them all to have this feature..plus get alerts

Most it will cost is $20 a month..Lifelock $30 but cannot freeze credit with one click