dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Coaches are human as well. But very few coaches would cover up rape. Just because you have a few bad apples doesn't make them all bad. Coaches want to give kids 2nd chances because they believe they can help/change them. Some go on to success, some keep fukkking up.
    I disagree. Yeah they want to give kids second chances because they are their football players and the coach wants to win. These things you hear about college coaches doing...many of the high school and college football coaches I have known have done or I wouldn't put it past them to do those things if it were good for the football team.

dlowilly

So how exactly are they unethical???

You are bat shit crazy if you think it's a lower percentage than the general population.
    It is unethical to put winning football above rapes of females and young boys. Most football coaches aggressively put football above just about everything else.

dlowilly

Coaches are human as well. But very few coaches would cover up rape. Just because you have a few bad apples doesn't make them all bad. Coaches want to give kids 2nd chances because they believe they can help/change them. Some go on to success, some keep fukkking up.
    Disagree. For every situation you hear about there are probably 50 you don't

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    It is unethical to put winning football above rapes of females and young boys. Most football coaches aggressively put football above just about everything else.
    You are being very general. Do you have any examples of other coaches not named Joe Pa and Briles who put rape above all else? There's over 880 college football programs (FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, NAIA, 2 year schools), CFB has been played for over 150 years and you're taking 2 head coaches to form a conclusion.

Most coaches don't have a say in whether a kid plays. Most suspensions are handled through a review board. PSU and Baylor had multiple people cover up those rapes, including the police and administrators. It was not not just the head coach. Most football coaches are very driven. Of course they are aggressive to win. Most spend all their time during the season on football and not with their families. But it does not mean that football is more important than their families. It's part of their job just like many jobs that demand a lot of time.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Disagree. For every situation you hear about there are probably 50 you don't
    Do you really think in this day of social media that you can really cover up anything? Camera's are everywhere.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Alcoholic/pillhead/cokehead calling someone a scumbag. Classic.

But yea, paterno fukked up. We all have known that ever since this story broke 6 years ago.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Alcoholic/pillhead/cokehead calling someone a scumbag. Classic.

But yea, paterno fukked up. We all have known that ever since this story broke 6 years ago.
    To be fair, Lkidd isn't harming anyone but himself. Paterno hurt people with his negligence.

Old story but my question is why?

dlowilly

You are being very general. Do you have any examples of other coaches not named Joe Pa and Briles who put rape above all else? There's over 880 college football programs (FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, NAIA, 2 year schools), CFB has been played for over 150 years and you're taking 2 head coaches to form a conclusion.

Most coaches don't have a say in whether a kid plays. Most suspensions are handled through a review board. PSU and Baylor had multiple people cover up those rapes, including the police and administrators. It was not not just the head coach. Most football coaches are very driven. Of course they are aggressive to win. Most spend all their time during the season on football and not with their families. But it does not mean that football is more important than their families. It's part of their job just like many jobs that demand a lot of time.
    Dude we get it. You disagree with my post and I believe you yourself have dabbled in coaching.

You can deflect and excuse all you want. Everyone with sense on this board knows what goes on with college football. Other people associated with the college being in on it doesn't excuse the head coach. Bottom line head football coaches in HS and college tend to be unethical psychotic assholes, and yes being very driven to win often goes along with those traits and the job. I am not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change the minds of those who agree with me because it is an opinion. If I am generalizing you are most definitely being defensive, likely because you have dabbled in coaching yourself.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    To be fair, Lkidd isn't harming anyone but himself. Paterno hurt people with his negligence.

Old story but my question is why?
    What happened up there is disgraceful. Every few months it reappears in the news. It's the story that will never die and maybe that's the way it should be.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16061

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What happened up there is disgraceful. Every few months it reappears in the news. It's the story that will never die and maybe that's the way it should be.
    Thankfully Paterno died

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    My family hated him back in 70s because he was a prick
    and everyone here knows Rudy or his family has no time for prikks

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

How ya enjoying your fifth retirement from SBR, f\*g

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Program shouldn't exist. The death penalty went to Paterno, I guess. Don't tell Ped State fans. They don't get it. He even got his wins back. I could go on, and on but yeah, it's beating a dead horse. The NCAA is a joke. Oh, and Franklin isn't a good guy.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    How ya enjoying your fifth retirement from SBR, f\*g

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joe Paterno was not a scumbag, he never broke any laws or hurt a person himself the best of my knowledge, he just saw the Sandunsky was running a pedophilia ring that a lot of elites were reportedly using, research the Franklin Scandal, and he wasn't willing to stand up to very powerful people for the kids who were being hurt. He wasn't anything special and his reputation as grandpa Joe was bullshit, but to call him a scumbag is bull.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13478

fade scott paterno

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10481

May God Bless the Pedo State victims.

Terrible, sick news. May JoePa rot in hell.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Joe Paterno was not a scumbag, he never broke any laws or hurt a person himself the best of my knowledge, he just saw the Sandunsky was running a pedophilia ring that a lot of elites were reportedly using, research the Franklin Scandal, and he wasn't willing to stand up to very powerful people for the kids who were being hurt. He wasn't anything special and his reputation as grandpa Joe was bullshit, but to call him a scumbag is bull.
    Scumbag and a coward

Not everyone in a powerful position that could have done something was part of this mess...He was in a powerful spot himself and could have done something but did nothing

At the very least he could have stopped Sandusky at Penn State...not really debatable

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

This fukking midget was in on it the whole time. No one needed confirmation. Shit like that don't go on without the head guy not knowing.

Hey Rick pitino how are you asshole?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33742

Gary Barnett was just as bad,

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Nah a pedophile enabler is what he was,the guy just turned a blind eye,guy is just lucky he died,f@cker deserved a nice cell with Prisons finest.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Scumbag and a coward

Not everyone in a powerful position that could have done something was part of this mess...He was in a powerful spot himself and could have done something but did nothing

At the very least he could have stopped Sandusky at Penn State...not really debatable
    Paterno was Penn State.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Hey mr nats fan

With Mickey avy

You know what , good luck to you

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

T wiz
    Greaser monkey

Wtf

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    T wiz
    Greaser monkey

Wtf
    Nothing personal. Just hope your life is cleaned up that's all.

First 12