Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I think Hermon will be ok! Strong was dead man walking for 2-3 years running and everyone knew it. You can't recruit like that. Now if they don't make strides and have some real talent coming in by 2019 then he'll be in the same situation as Strong. It prob helps them that A&M has their own dead man walking and Houston will prob fade back to nothing. Baylor is done as well....they've had (paid w/cash and/or rapes) better talent then UT for several years now. I miss the old Southwest Conference with all the Texas schools and OU & Arkansas.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Texas is the most overrated job in the country.

3 Big 12 championships compared to OU's 10.

1 National Championship in the last 47 years.

Haven't won the Big 12 in a decade despite the league sucking. Haven't had a winning season in three years. Yea, best job in the country with all the resources in the world. LMAO. Get out of here with that ish.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Texas is the most overrated job in the country.

3 Big 12 championships compared to OU's 10.

1 National Championship in the last 47 years.

Haven't won the Big 12 in a decade despite the league sucking. Haven't had a winning season in three years. Yea, best job in the country with all the resources in the world. LMAO. Get out of here with that ish.
    Something is not right at UT. Mack Brown would still be there if he wasn't losing to Stoops every year.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Wish OSU kept Herman and got rid of Meyer. Meyer takes care of the Special Teams and he flat sucks! Meyer hired another questionable character at O-coor. Herman will get the recruits. He will have them competing every week. No question the guy can coach. Will he have success t UT? He will coach somewhere bigger and better some day down the road.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

a few things about texas and recruiting,

i don't think they get as much elite talent as some other neighbouring programs.. part of it is that apparently texas only takes reasonable character and academics recruits. your bad boy 4* and 5* won't go there. well, it's 2-way as texas doesn't want them. but they're welcome up the road in norman.

something that has been mentioned by experts about a few teams recruiting - notre dame, stanford, texas, a few others. their recruitment of a player helps the player's recrutiing ranking. solidifies his 4* rating as "why would ND be after him otherwise?" BUT ND has pretty high academic standards. they bend to get players into school but that's bending very high standards and not sure they bend as much as others... so part of some these players 4* ratings = character & academics but that doesn't translate to field.

i don't think texas get an elite recruiting class. also, how many elite players do they get from outside texas? it's almost zero. you can say they don't need to but almost every single other top 15 programs get lots of place out of the state.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I I miss the old Southwest Conference with all the Texas schools and OU & Arkansas.
    agree totally.... i think teams like kentucky and tennessee might fit better with the old SW conference too.

First 12