jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I agree about not being a winner

Good stats but cannot close

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    It's amazing how low the bar is for what defines a great player in any sport. Aaron Rodgers has had things just as bad as Stafford yet led the Pack to a Superbowl win and several deep runs in the playoffs. Stafford has never been clutch and is barely above average. People like Eli Manning aren't much better but at least have come up heroically clutch a couple times. To even suggest Stafford is a star is laughable.
    1st off who called anyone great? I said his arm talent has never been in question. That I think in last few years he has started to mature and his fb iq is improving.

The fact you think you can identify stafford is not clutch but Eli throwing Hail Marys that stick to his WRs helmet somehow makes him clutch not lucky is hilarious. Almost as much as you saying Eli not much better, let me help you. Eli is not better, if stafford had his defense he wouldn't lose 10 games every other year.

Didn't call anyone a star cause well I'm straight and have no use speculating on something as rediculous as a mans "stardom".

All that silliness and rediculous speculation combined with your retarded understanding of what you call "clutch" has me thinking I'm wasting my time.. name all the qbs more talented than stafford then get back to me when you find more than 10 so I can laugh at your list..

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Staff is a decent QB Playing for a bad franchise. Not worth the coins he's getting but it is what it is. I guess.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

it all goes back to who else then?

stafford is 4k+ yards a year and only 29, no way you give that up right now. Can't compare situation to brady or rogers, it's right place right time for stafford and carr. Soon we will be on 30mil a year QBs. The guaranteed money part really shows the QBs have all the negotiating power.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Staff is a decent QB Playing for a bad franchise. Not worth the coins he's getting but it is what it is. I guess.
    Like I been saying the money all relative. He is worth it cause if they don't pay him what do lions look like the next 5 years? They look like that team that used to play in Detroit with 18 fans in the stands w bags over their heads!!

Next year cousins gonna get more than stafford, nobody believes cousins better than him..

Only good measure to decide if money worth it. How many teams right now would trade their starting qb for stafford and his new contract. Answer a bunch, damn near half probably..

There only about 15 legit starters good enough to take team to a sb in the league right now. If you got one of those you better hang on to him or else take a look at browns the last decade to see your future!!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    1st off who called anyone great? I said his arm talent has never been in question. That I think in last few years he has started to mature and his fb iq is improving.

The fact you think you can identify stafford is not clutch but Eli throwing Hail Marys that stick to his WRs helmet somehow makes him clutch not lucky is hilarious. Almost as much as you saying Eli not much better, let me help you. Eli is not better, if stafford had his defense he wouldn't lose 10 games every other year.

Didn't call anyone a star cause well I'm straight and have no use speculating on something as rediculous as a mans "stardom".

All that silliness and rediculous speculation combined with your retarded understanding of what you call "clutch" has me thinking I'm wasting my time.. name all the qbs more talented than stafford then get back to me when you find more than 10 so I can laugh at your list..
    First off, you shouldn't label someone as retarded when you misspell a third grade level word like "ridiculous" multiple times in the same post.
    Eli Manning's playoff performance in both Superbowl years was one of the greatest and clutch QB performances of all time. You obviously know nothing about football so look it up. You are referencing one play where he escaped a certain sack and threw it to the only receiver that could have caught the ball who made an all time great catch. To suggest his Superbowl playoff runs somehow involved luck instead of stellar play is beyond ignorant. Stafford has NEVER stepped up in any clutch situation. Many QB's have not so great supporting casts on both sides of the ball and still led their teams to greatness. Rodgers, Manning, and Brees took mediocre teams to championship success. Rivers is more clutch than Stafford. Ryan got to the Bowl before gagging. Stafford is a complete nobody. You are right, this is a waste of time.

2daBank

Oh that great performance where his defense held one of best teams ever to like 13 points? Wow Eli good work..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Banker,always the most thorough in depth sports poster at SBR.....

Did you ever think about being a sports writer?

You would definitely excel........

I picture you having the personality of Ray Barone,Lol.......

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Banker,always the most thorough in depth sports poster at SBR.....

Did you ever think about being a sports writer?

You would definitely excel........

I picture you having the personality of Ray Barone,Lol.......
    Thanks buddy. I mean now yea but I was busy pissing away my youth trafficking weed and losing sight of the goal as spent the money as fast as it came to point I was broke by time I got out of prison.. lesson to the kiddies out there, don't be so shortsighted and take your future seriously or you end up having to do real work to earn a decent living. Lol

In ways that personality does match a little. I prob sound more like his brother tho, lol.

PAULYPOKER

Thanks buddy. I mean now yea but I was busy pissing away my youth trafficking weed and losing sight of the goal as spent the money as fast as it came to point I was broke by time I got out of prison.. lesson to the kiddies out there, don't be so shortsighted and take your future seriously or you end up having to do real work to earn a decent living. Lol

In ways that personality does match a little. I prob sound more like his brother tho, lol.
    Lol....

Yeah,I know what you're saying as most of us lose sight at times...........
    Some more than others,, some not enough...........

2daBank

Pauly I been binge researching NCAA FB and NFL for that last several days and this my second 30+ hour session in last 4-5 days!! So excuse me spelling police but I'm on phone and laptop and been reading and posting on multiple forums picking fights on topics ranging from how illogical and flat out wrong it is to call weed a gateway drug, to defending jay cutler ferociously against all comers, to any random
    Thread i see that I think could use my touch think it bout time for a nap, I'm jacked tho and wired!!

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

He won't be close to the highest paid quarterback when he's halfway through his contract. Seems pretty standard and was expected.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Rudock has issues down the field with arm strength. Great in short and intermediate routes, but he doesn't put enough spin on it for deep balls.

PAULYPOKER

Pauly I been binge researching NCAA FB and NFL for that last several days and this my second 30+ hour session in last 4-5 days!! So excuse me spelling police but I'm on phone and laptop and been reading and posting on multiple forums picking fights on topics ranging from how illogical and flat out wrong it is to call weed a gateway drug, to defending jay cutler ferociously against all comers, to any random
    Thread i see that I think could use my touch think it bout time for a nap, I'm jacked tho and wired!!
    Lol...that's impressive...........
    Uppers always clear the mind, while alcohol binges turn us into incoherent assholes........
    So then we play tug of war with are hearts to balance it out......Lol.......

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

If Miami paid Cutler 10 mill a season to come out of retirement , then Detroit paying Stafford is a great deal . Cutler is one of the sheetiest quarterbacks of all time , a complete joke . Miami is finished before the season even started !!!! Suh must be telling himself to write off the year as a losing season . Back to Stafford , he could become the next Dan Marino , all time passing yards but never win a super bowl . Detroit would need to get Suh and Fairley back , along with Barry sanders to win a super bowl , and that's not going to happen .lol

Tennis_Guru_2

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Stat Padford is worth whatever he can get.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis_Guru_2 View Post
    If Miami paid Cutler 10 mill a season to come out of retirement , then Detroit paying Stafford is a great deal . Cutler is one of the sheetiest quarterbacks of all time , a complete joke . Miami is finished before the season even started !!!! Suh must be telling himself to write off the year as a losing season . Back to Stafford , he could become the next Dan Marino , all time passing yards but never win a super bowl . Detroit would need to get Suh and Fairley back , along with Barry sanders to win a super bowl , and that's not going to happen .lol
    You people amaze me. Maybe Stafford could start his assault on QB greatness by winning a fuckkin playoff game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    He won't be close to the highest paid quarterback when he's halfway through his contract. Seems pretty standard and was expected.
    This guy gets it. Next year cousins will probably get more than this and can't nobody tell me cousins better than stafford..

it all relative and meaningless. The way the league has evolved it easier than ever to put up numbers and qbs protected more than ever which all says to me it easier physically to play the position now more than ever but has become much more challenging mentally which really narrows the pool!

Appears there only bout 15ish guys in world right now that have the physical tools and also have the aptitude to do what required presnap at the line to get in right play and in-play processing the defense and going thru progressions lighting fast.

To have legitimate shot to win consistently in this league you gotta have one of those 15ish guys. So what that worth? apparently it worth whatever stafford just got and the next 3-4 in that group who's contracts expire will get even more! Plus let's be real they should get it, I'm not thrilled it the qbs but that what this fantasy fb league has become the last 20ish years. Better any player gets it than owners keeping it in their fat greedy pockets!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Stat Padford is worth whatever he can get.
    Dude that is the most hilarious thing I've heard on cowherd show in a long time.

Stat paddford lmao

I heard a stat on the way to Vegas that can't be right he's like 8-48 vs teams with winning records something like that. I don't see how that's possible but they said something like that.

Point is he has a horrible record vs winning teams .

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I heard a stat on the way to Vegas that can't be right he's like 8-48 vs teams with winning records something like that. I don't see how that's possible but they said something like that.

Point is he has a horrible record vs winning teams .
    You're right, he isn't 8-48 vs winning teams

He's 5-46 vs winning teams

1-26 on the road vs winning teams I think

Today was the 1st time I ever enjoyed something Rob Parker said. Stat Padford lolz

2daBank

God dammit I'm so sick of having to take on the whole freaking world in regards to cutler.. cutler pisses more talent than tannenhil could dream of having. He is so much better fit for the fish and they a legit contender with him at qb.. you can hate the guy for his mannerisms, for not being likeable, for not being a great leader, hell I dunno pick a personality trait you don't like about him.

That all well and good but to say one of the most talented throwers of the football is shit makes no fukkin sense. You do realize his job is in fact throwing the fb correct? Of which very few do so better, what maybe 3-4 guys tops? Rodgers is only guy that isn't debatable. Yes cutler is flawed but he also gonna make this offense way better than it was when tannehil threw 15 3 yard passes a game to Landry while one of most talented wr prospects in the league outside collecting dust cause his qb was a completion percentage checkdown nancy boy.. cutler is gonna make Parker a star. Cutler gonna make ajayi better as no longer will safeties cheat up into the box without paying for it. Stills will finally be able to run down field without worrying that if he goes to far his qb won't get it to him!!!

This it I give up defending cutler to ya'll go ahead and learn the hard way by taking Tampa against Mia week 1 which I know you prob are. After phins win that game you might wanna consider they gonna win way more games than most seem to think before ya continue fading them...

PAULYPOKER

I only see Rodgers and Brady as the complete closest to "robotic text book QB's"............

If you're making a QB mold in today's football world, those are the only two active players
    to mold from..

I think Rodgers edges out Brady as Brady has the best coach and team including the entire NE franchise
    staff around him.....
    Rodgers has always had to work with a good to mediocre team around him........

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I only see Rodgers and Brady as the complete closest to "robotic text book QB's"............

If you're making a QB mold in today's football world, those are the only two active players
    to mold from..

I think Rodgers edges out Brady as Brady has the best coach and team including the entire NE franchise
    staff around him.....
    Rodgers has always had to work with a good to mediocre team around him........
    Apples to oranges. brady better at the mental side as in best ever, Rodgers one of most athletically gifted qbs ever.

If drafting now obviously you take discount double bitch cause gotta believe even Brady gonna get caught by time sooner than later. If he doesn't hit a wall before end of next season he really is superhuman. It usually comes quick and gets ugly fast once it happens. Never been a matter of if for anyone, just when??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

maggiethebestdog

God dammit I'm so sick of having to take on the whole freaking world in regards to cutler.. cutler pisses more talent than tannenhil could dream of having. He is so much better fit for the fish and they a legit contender with him at qb.. you can hate the guy for his mannerisms, for not being likeable, for not being a great leader, hell I dunno pick a personality trait you don't like about him.

That all well and good but to say one of the most talented throwers of the football is shit makes no fukkin sense. You do realize his job is in fact throwing the fb correct? Of which very few do so better, what maybe 3-4 guys tops? Rodgers is only guy that isn't debatable. Yes cutler is flawed but he also gonna make this offense way better than it was when tannehil threw 15 3 yard passes a game to Landry while one of most talented wr prospects in the league outside collecting dust cause his qb was a completion percentage checkdown nancy boy.. cutler is gonna make Parker a star. Cutler gonna make ajayi better as no longer will safeties cheat up into the box without paying for it. Stills will finally be able to run down field without worrying that if he goes to far his qb won't get it to him!!!

This it I give up defending cutler to ya'll go ahead and learn the hard way by taking Tampa against Mia week 1 which I know you prob are. After phins win that game you might wanna consider they gonna win way more games than most seem to think before ya continue fading them...
    I'm sorry I insulted you earlier. You are obviously suffering from a mental disorder.

Tennis_Guru_2

I thought Chicago paid Cutler a massive contract and he flopped . Maybe coming out of retirement he can fill the shoes of Tannehill . I think Miami has a better chance with Dan Marino coming out of retirement than Cutler. ✌️

2daBank

I thought Chicago paid Cutler a massive contract and he flopped . Maybe coming out of retirement he can fill the shoes of Tannehill . I think Miami has a better chance with Dan Marino coming out of retirement than Cutler. ✌️
    Did you watch him in Chicago? For the years he was there nobody in the league took more of a beating than jay. They never had a oline that could protect him worth a fukk. Another thing i like bout cutler no one gives him credit for is he a tough sob, he hangs in the pocket in the face of the rush and delivers knowing he gonna get flattened, then he scraps himself up and does it again, yet since it cutler the guy everyone loves to hate all that gets discussed is when he goes off on his fat lazy lineman and it spun like he not a team player.. ya'll shall see, phins got world class talent at the skill positions and they gonna shine playing with a strong armed qb who will let them go get it. They well coached. The defensive line really strong. They made the playoffs with tannenhil and Moore playing qb. No scout on this planet would tell you either of them anywhere close to as talented as cutler..

Tennis_Guru_2

Well watch this video .. In this Video he was with the Broncos, so really I want to here what you think ???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rufm7fGoChM

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    You're right, he isn't 8-48 vs winning teams

He's 5-46 vs winning teams

1-26 on the road vs winning teams I think

Today was the 1st time I ever enjoyed something Rob Parker said. Stat Padford lolz
    How is that even possible.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-29-17 at 09:35 PM.

Tennis_Guru_2

It's called Bob Quinn overpaying so that he has a job in the future , instead of losing Stafford to free agency next year and starting all over . Also ,I am sure Bob Quinn has done his due dilligence . The highest paid player is temporary , next years free agent quarterbacks will blow away Staffords contract this year. It's just a matter of time .

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Horrible. Another 6-10 season coming up.
    Nah man. Lions are a big-time dark horse to win the division and possibly be in the NFC title game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

So hard to find good qbs let alone very good ones. He is worth the money.

Tennis_Guru_2

You think Stafford and the Lions can get past Da Pack / Seahawks / Falcons ??? Not sure about that man .

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So hard to find good qbs let alone very good ones. He is worth the money.
    So a guy who is 5-46 against teams above .500 and 1-26 on the road in those deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history?

jtoler

It's called Bob Quinn overpaying so that he has a job in the future , instead of losing Stafford to free agency next year and starting all over . Also ,I am sure Bob Quinn has done his due dilligence . The highest paid player is temporary , next years free agent quarterbacks will blow away Staffords contract this year. It's just a matter of time .
    Makes some sense, I wouldnt be surprised if no contract beats that out next year though.

First 1234 Last