manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I've never been to Houston.

Is it a nice city?
    not if you are reporting for CNN Dangles but it's a looters paradise right now

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    you did well laying low for the storm Mac
    and the fight
    I had to lay high on floaties... This is my property without the shark

After Hurricane Rita, I thought I was prepared for weather events. I have back up generators, Back up internet (Crapcast died last night), satellite dish (went out during the damn fight), water, propane, food for about 6 months.

But I don't have a fukking boat.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope Harvey reaches wherever that fukkface Opie lives

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope Harvey reaches wherever that fukkface Opie lives
    I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. Awful doesn't do this storm justice. Friend of mine coming by in the morning with his boat just to pick me up to go shopping. Entire place is like the grand canal in Venice.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. Awful doesn't do this storm justice. Friend of mine coming by in the morning with his boat just to pick me up to go shopping. Entire place is like the grand canal in Venice.
    Mac, what do u need, pal? Not sure what's open down there. Would a gift-card help u? Some walk-around cash?

Full props to a guy like Auto Donk who is hopping in his boat and helping out the community.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Mac, what do u need, pal? Not sure what's open down there. Would a gift-card help u? Some walk-around cash?
    Full props to a guy like Auto Donk who is hopping in his boat and helping out the community.
    Chucky - I'm good brother. My house stayed dried through 50" of rain and a shitload of water released from huge reservoirs. The hurricane was bad but the core of engineers releasing dam water was worse. It's just an inconvenience for me as if I step 7 feet out my front door, I'd be in water. My yard is up high, so no damage to my back yard either. I'll be swimming in the pool tomorrow. The cars are high and dry but my truck isn't big enough to slosh through 5 feet of water. I really only need a boat or a monster truck. LOL

I appreciate the kind gesture of cash/gift cards but God has really been good to me. Never had a problem with money in a very long time. I love your approach and assertiveness on helping. You said it best... "What do you need"? That is a powerful statement. Thank you. A lot of people here in Houston are doing the same which is incredible to see. Several shelters have had to tell people to STOP sending money because they have been overwhelmed. When have you ever heard that?? It's a beautiful thing.

I almost cringe when I hear people tell others that "I will pray for you". That usually means they won't do anything even though they have the best intentions. Most people need physical necessities and money in a crisis not just prayer.

I do have some ideas on how people can help especially locally to consider. Instead of me asking someone how can I help, which is good intended, It is better for me to just figure out what I can do for that person so that I can make a suggestion. That way they don't have to think in their time of need. For instance I can tell the person, "Hey, I have a spare car that I want you to use" or "I just hired a maid to clean your house" or "I have some groceries for you" or "I have some clothes that might fit your son/daughter". This way the person doesn't have to think about all the things they need (some of these people have nothing, starting over, so they have numerous needs).

For people not in Texas, there's list of charities that get to the people and you can see their ratings/rankings. But I like getting help directly to the people. I scan social media to see people posting in the affected areas or I look up small local churches and food banks. I'll ask them if they have families in need. I'll send stuff directly to them. It's like we do at Christmas, we select 2 families in need and I have my son and daughter shop for gifts for them. Every little bit helps. Find someone online that you can tell has been affected by this hurricane and send them something. Honey Baked Ham is my go to company. I'll send a turkey or ham meal and a family can eat that for several days. No better feeling then to help others in need. Salud

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Salud, Mac. Good to hear that the Houston community is rallying to tackle this thing.

I'm not much of "pray for me" guy. Very pragmatic, try to help where i can.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    These people had plenty of warning to get out...this is also what insurance is for..if you don't have insurance that's a personal problem
    square...there are parts of the city that have never been flooded before this...its square to pay premiums for 130 years just for one loss. better off saving money and paying cash to repair...some areas won't flood again for 100+ years.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    square...there are parts of the city that have never been flooded before this...its square to pay premiums for 130 years just for one loss. better off saving money and paying cash to repair...some areas won't flood again for 100+ years.
    My house survived Allison, Rita, Ike, tax day flood and now Harvey, the most damaging weather event in the history of the US. 80% of the people in the energy corridor near me took in water but the house stayed dry. I figure I can really pitch that to anyone looking to buy one day.

I've had flood insurance for years but I'm seriously contemplating now. LOL

NrmlCurvSurfr

My house survived Allison, Rita, Ike, tax day flood and now Harvey, the most damaging weather event in the history of the US. 80% of the people in the energy corridor near me took in water but the house stayed dry. I figure I can really pitch that to anyone looking to buy one day.

I've had flood insurance for years but I'm seriously contemplating now. LOL
    I just moved into a rental in fleetwood on friday...left friday night to stay with family, went back tuesday through 2 feet of water just to grab essentials for work and valuables...might not be able to go back for weeks...already looking for a new place lol just crazy

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I just moved into a rental in fleetwood on friday...left friday night to stay with family, went back tuesday through 2 feet of water just to grab essentials for work and valuables...might not be able to go back for weeks...already looking for a new place lol just crazy
    Fleetwood Memorial? Damn, that sucks. You were probably lucky to get just 2 feet over there? I know too many people like you. Fortunately, you were only renting. I have a friend that wanted to sell her home a few months ago but I recommended for her to rent it out as property values would be going back up. She was ecstatic getting a renter last month. Well her house is under water and the renter has to move out. Plus she didn't have flood insurance. Horrible. Another friend lost her job 3 months ago, her mom got sick last month and had to move in with her and now her house totally flooded. They had to evacuate to GRB but is now with friends. Another friend just sold their house and closed on the other last week. Furnished the entire house to have it flooded 2 days later. Their old house is high and dry.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Fleetwood Memorial? Damn, that sucks. You were probably lucky to get just 2 feet over there? I know too many people like you. Fortunately, you were only renting. I have a friend that wanted to sell her home a few months ago but I recommended for her to rent it out as property values would be going back up. She was ecstatic getting a renter last month. Well her house is under water and the renter has to move out. Plus she didn't have flood insurance. Horrible. Another friend lost her job 3 months ago, her mom got sick last month and had to move in with her and now her house totally flooded. They had to evacuate to GRB but is now with friends. Another friend just sold their house and closed on the other last week. Furnished the entire house to have it flooded 2 days later. Their old house is high and dry.
    I was definitely lucky. It didnt flood until they started releasing water. I received an email when the water started rising. I got there an hour and half later and it was at 2-3 feet. I have no idea how high it got(or will get).

I cannot complain though. I only lost some furniture and clothes, plus its a rental. I got out cheap. I know several people who's lives are turned upside down from this.

Mac4Lyfe

That is crazy they would just send an email. That first release was unreal and I'm further down. You are very lucky you didn't get caught in that. I just hope they didn't kill a lot of people. Hit me up PM if you need anything.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I Leave for vegas in the morning....anything you need done before then with my assistance needs to happen today.....

it's my f'n birthday, so make it important, but I'll do what I can....

where are you at mac, that you still need a boat.....?

all the major roadways are open and it seems that the city is back to nearly 95 percent travel access by car....

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

happy birthday Donker

make the squaw blow out the candles on your cakk !!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Hurricane Katrina refugees came up to Cape Cod and were welcomed with open arms. 12 years later the vacation paradise is awash with an epidemic of drugs and crime. Go figure.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I Leave for vegas in the morning....anything you need done before then with my assistance needs to happen today.....
    it's my f'n birthday, so make it important, but I'll do what I can....
    where are you at mac, that you still need a boat.....?
    all the major roadways are open and it seems that the city is back to nearly 95 percent travel access by car....
    Kirkwood/ Memorial area. Still under water on all these streets. Briarforest all the way to I-10 from Gessner to Eldridge on up is flooded. The water is receding on the fringe areas but the water hasn't gone down much in our neighborhood. Boats and Monster trucks are the only way to go in our neighborhood.

Auto Donk

man that shit is insane.....

sorry to hear that the damn controlled release as they call it is f'n ya'll bigtime..... (at least I assume that but for it, the streets would be clearing like most of the others). where i made that vid today (cypress creek), still had four foot of water just east of where I was standing as of yesterday; today it was dry as a bone.....

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Hurricane Katrina refugees came up to Cape Cod and were welcomed with open arms. 12 years later the vacation paradise is awash with an epidemic of drugs and crime. Go figure.
    the "ethnic cleansing" of new orleans sent 200k to htown, who proceeded to turn sw htown into a full blown war zone.....

First 12