The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Giancarlo Stanton.

Is this guy clean???

Stanton is putting up numbers that Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa were putting up back in the day.

Guys, let me know. I've heard SBR is one of the most well-known forums when it comes to steroid use.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He's clean he's always been a good power hitter

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks clean but maybe not

Dude strong as hell

Big dude

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'd guess he's clean. Just was born to be a beast. He didn't go from smaller to big like Bonds, or McGwire. Unless he did it young, and has some mystery drug, then I think he's okay.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

McGwire and Sosa numbers yes, but not Bonds. Bonds was on another planet if you add in average and OBP

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    McGwire and Sosa numbers yes, but not Bonds. Bonds was on another planet if you add in average and OBP
    True. Bonds was a freak of nature. The guy once had an OPS over 1.400. Unreal.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I wish he didn't change his name. Mike Stanton is such a great baseball name !

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I wish he didn't change his name. Mike Stanton is such a great baseball name !
    Totally agree. I still call him Mike.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    True. Bonds was a freak of nature. The guy once had an OPS over 1.400. Unreal.
    610 OBP that season. The numbers he put up in the early 2000s were unbelievable

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Bonds was a dikk, but he should be in the HOF. He didn't need PEDs to make it. Was a fun year when he blasted 73, and watching him break the all-time record. Hated the guy, but was glued to the TV.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    610 OBP that season. The numbers he put up in the early 2000s were unbelievable
    Yep, he was must-see TV back then.

He was 39 when he put those numbers up.

The Giant

Wow, Stanton just missed another homerun. Hit it right to the wall.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

Stanton, as it turns out, is a Maris truther. He told Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel he considers 61 to be the true home run record, though he also provided a thoughtful explanation about asterisks and the need for context. From Hyde:

"Considering some things, I do (believe 61 is the record),'' he said Wednesday.

He admitted he's "at a crossroads" in an internal debate over what to think about all this. If PED users like Bonds, McGwire and Sosa need an asterisk by their name, he said, so does Babe Ruth since he only faced white pitchers.

Stanton and Bonds, you may remember, were together last season, when Bonds was the Marlins hitting coach. Reportedly the two had a fine working relationship and that's about it. They were player and hitting coach, not best friends. Is that the reason Stanton considers 61 the home run record and 73? Possibly. He likely would never say that.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The Giant,

Why did you put a period in the thread title after his name? Was this a text? I heard a text with a period at the end means the "texter" is mad and the "textee."

The Giant, are you mad at the fine posters of SBR?

Please clarify .

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

Come the offseason, though, Derek Jeter and the Marlins’ new ownership almost certainly have a choice to make over what to do about Stanton’s $325 million contract, which will pay him $29 million a season up until 2028. A team set on a rebuild can’t really claim it is serious about that if it keeps an otherworldly slugger with average defense and a suspect injury record on its books, on baseball’s biggest contract.

The Yankees are reportedly interested in Stanton, potentially creating a ridiculous one-two punch at the top of the order with Aaron Judge. So are the Red Sox—and the Mets, and the Phillies and the Dodgers. And the Giants, and the Blue Jays and the Cardinals. Oh, and the Nationals too, if they lose Bryce Harper to free agency.

Hell, that’s almost half of MLB reportedly interested in acquiring a guy with one 40-home-run season, a history of getting hurt and $295 million still on his contract. Anyone who acquires Stanton is taking a huge risk, albeit with a huge potential upside too. Maybe he closes in on 60 homers again next season. Maybe he regresses to his mean. Either way, the team that gets him is going to sell some jerseys. Imagine Stanton then Judge, or Judge then Stanton, or Stanton then Andrew Benintendi, or Stanton then Cody Bellinger. Even if Stanton has a down year, he’s going to have a psychological effect on pitchers if he appears in an already powerful batting lineup.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Cashed my o45.5 home runs on the season thanks to Mike Stanton, so clean or not I dont care.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Clean. Pure power hitter that when healthy for a season can hit 60 HR.