d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    This ^ is why Hillary lost... wishy washy defection. Fukking Libs cannot be straightforward and admit to stupid shitt

Hillary: "Did I Wipe The Server Like With A Cloth Or Something?"
    Fake News.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

D2bets , even your SBR lib compadres know this ESPN shit is that... laughable shit

Are you wearing your vagina hat ?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

People are fed up with liberal behavior that's why Republicans are so strong

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The thread title is wrong. It's not like they fired the guy. They agreed to reassign him to a different game. Much ado about little.
    Something is seriously wrong if you think it is much ado about nothing.

Liberals are making the country toxic and it could end badly. I think it's more of a last desperate gasp than a rising movement. Libs have been destroyed at the polls and feel they have nothing to lose.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Somebody would've noticed it and it would've turned into a thing. They made the right call here. Who knows, maybe the guy went to his bosses and asked to be moved off the game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Espn's business model has always been a shell game because they make money from cable packages. Every person with cable pays about $30 a year for just the NBA through espn whether or not they watch a single shot. So with every person who cuts the cord, espn loses hundreds of dollars.

they know they're fukked, so they're trying to find a niche as a liberal sports network to slow the bleeding. But alas, it's accelerating it because most of their base either doesnt want to hear about politics on a sports station or They come from SEC/ACC/Big 10/Big 12 country which is by and large conservative.

when their NFL contract comes up in a few years, it will be fascinating to see what happens. I think Amazon comes in and either gets it or makes the contract so expensive espn basically becomes a loss leader for Disney.

If espn loses the NFL, they become irrelevant within 10 years. Some of their secondary networks fold and they only show college sports and some nba

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

This is absurd!!!!

This is what the liberals have done, they've brought about so much racial awareness to our American past history that now statues are being torn down across the Nation, Asian sports announcers are now losing their jobs because of a similar names to Robert E. Lee..

This is madness!!! Dems/Libs trying hard to erase American history.. It's a travesty...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think this is one topic finally..... that every poster will agree on. ESPN IS ONE STUPID COMPANY.

You can't be more pu$$ified than these fools.

Is anyone equipped with a dong in the company?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Thought ESPN were wising up abit,rehiring Hank Williams Jr.,laying off the Political crap,but nope.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Espn's business model has always been a shell game because they make money from cable packages. Every person with cable pays about $30 a year for just the NBA through espn whether or not they watch a single shot. So with every person who cuts the cord, espn loses hundreds of dollars.

they know they're fukked, so they're trying to find a niche as a liberal sports network to slow the bleeding. But alas, it's accelerating it because most of their base either doesnt want to hear about politics on a sports station or They come from SEC/ACC/Big 10/Big 12 country which is by and large conservative.

when their NFL contract comes up in a few years, it will be fascinating to see what happens. I think Amazon comes in and either gets it or makes the contract so expensive espn basically becomes a loss leader for Disney.

If espn loses the NFL, they become irrelevant within 10 years. Some of their secondary networks fold and they only show college sports and some nba
    Just to add to this.

DirecTV charges $11.00 For ESPN, ESPN2, FS1

You guys can do the math.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

The Donger got fired and he need food ...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Jezus, ESPN

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Apparently this is what Mr. Lee wanted. What the hell is wrong with you guys. If he says "reassign me, please" and ESPN says "no, do the game" and then he is harassed or hurt or something, then they get sued and lose. They reassigned him to a different game. Big deal. No brainer. Some people here will make a mountain out of every molehill. Unreal.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Please tell me there was a Confederate General Joe Buck

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Somebody would've noticed it and it would've turned into a thing. They made the right call here. Who knows, maybe the guy went to his bosses and asked to be moved off the game.
    Seriously, if anyone would have made an issue over an asian guy with that name those people should have been exported immediately for being complete toolbags. SBR probably would have lost a pro in D2Bets but it would have been a fair price.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Apparently this is what Mr. Lee wanted. What the hell is wrong with you guys. If he says "reassign me, please" and ESPN says "no, do the game" and then he is harassed or hurt or something, then they get sued and lose. They reassigned him to a different game. Big deal. No brainer. Some people here will make a mountain out of every molehill. Unreal.
    That's what it looks like to me. From an earlier quote, it was Lee that wanted to be assigned. I'm not sure how anyone can blame ESPN for granting his request.

It does sound stupid BUT we have a lot of stupid people in the US on all sides. Who knows if some anti-anti-anti-protester would get stupid and attack the guy over a stupid name? I saw a report on mistaken identity and how people have been harassed around the country for having similar names. We are living in stupid times folks.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was wondering what cowherd was going on about this morning.

He wouldn't just come out and say it.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Tired of this race stuff. Wish I was back in the late 90s when we all were pretty much cool with each other
    The Bill Clinton era was indeed good times.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

And yet ESPN keeps insisting they aren't far left. Morons.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

There's been no indication that he requested to be moved. Maybe he did, but I haven't seen it. Just espn saying we collectively agreed aka they told him to do it and he agreed. Guy isn't even a full time employee. If they just roll with it, at worst a few memes come out. Who the hell is watching that game anyway? Now they've embarrassed themselves.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Disney CEO Bob Iger - "Listen up you little slant eyed bittch. Go out there and say you asked for the reassignment"

General Lee - Hai

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    We solved race relations in America

Helluva job ESPN
    They are so paranoid and so PC that they tried to be proactive. Instead they're a laughingstock once again, which seems to happen on a daily basis to the 4-letter. I love it!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That's what it looks like to me. From an earlier quote, it was Lee that wanted to be assigned. I'm not sure how anyone can blame ESPN for granting his request.

It does sound stupid BUT we have a lot of stupid people in the US on all sides. Who knows if some anti-anti-anti-protester would get stupid and attack the guy over a stupid name? I saw a report on mistaken identity and how people have been harassed around the country for having similar names. We are living in stupid times folks.
    If Lee wanted to be reassigned he's as big an idiot as anybody at that liberal dumping ground. Grow a pair Robert! Him doing that game would actually be a step in the right direction for all to be desensitized from all this piddly, PC crap!

unde0087
    Did we win?

Why ESPN and Robert Lee are right

it just keeps getting better

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    If Lee wanted to be reassigned he's as big an idiot as anybody at that liberal dumping ground. Grow a pair Robert! Him doing that game would actually be a step in the right direction for all to be desensitized from all this piddly, PC crap!
    Put yourself in his shoes. Would you really want to be in a city that just made national news over your name? For a meaningless assignment that you can do in any other city? It's very easy for you and I to say that we would go and not give another thought BUT we are not him. I appreciate companies that take every precaution like ESPN did. Is it a bit overboard? Of course but I know too companies that do not give a shit and put their workers in harms way. Then when they have a loss of life they make excuses to the grieving family why they did what they did. Why take the chance?

Look at weather events. There's always some idiots that will not heed warnings and take chances when they didn't have to. While this may seem an overreaction, I believe in "better safe than sorry". People are killed over stupid shit like Air Jordans, dominoes, twinkies, etc., People are ambushing the police because of asinine fear? We just had a guy shoot people at a Republican baseball game. Too many stupid people out there. Somebody finds out Robert Lee is at an event and they may try to do something just to make headlines. Why take any chances. This is not a liberal or conservative viewpoint. If you are running a good company, you must ensure your people are safe.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Why ESPN and Robert Lee are right

it just keeps getting better

These LibTards will NEVER win another big election in the US.

This is what their party represents:

Transgender Bathrooms
    Kneeling for the National Anthem
    Supporting violence against the police.
    Tearing down Statues
    And then an ASIAN GUY isn't even allowed to broadcast a college football game, because of his NAME?

These libtards are done. D-O-N-E. They'll never win another presidential election in my lifetime. The GOP could run the worst candidate possible but they'll never lose again because the libtards are just flat out whacko.. They will never have majorities in the House or Senate again either. This is a party that appeals to like 5% of the population. That's it. You can't win elections that way.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you really want to be in a city that just made national news over your name? For a meaningless assignment that you can do in any other city? It's very easy for you and I to say that we would go and not give another thought BUT we are not him. I appreciate companies that take every precaution like ESPN did. Is it a bit overboard? Of course but I know too companies that do not give a shit and put their workers in harms way. Then when they have a loss of life they make excuses to the grieving family why they did what they did. Why take the chance?

Look at weather events. There's always some idiots that will not heed warnings and take chances when they didn't have to. While this may seem an overreaction, I believe in "better safe than sorry". People are killed over stupid shit like Air Jordans, dominoes, twinkies, etc., People are ambushing the police because of asinine fear? We just had a guy shoot people at a Republican baseball game. Too many stupid people out there. Somebody finds out Robert Lee is at an event and they may try to do something just to make headlines. Why take any chances. This is not a liberal or conservative viewpoint. If you are running a good company, you must ensure your people are safe.

He didn't ask to be taken off the game. ESPN is pushing their liberal bullshit and pretending that even the name of ROBERT LEE is "offensive" to people.

The LibTard party in the US is done. I have no idea why even 20% of SBR even supports these idiots. How can you be over 50 years old and be this fukkin stupid?

unde0087
    Did we win?

You high Mac?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    You high Mac?
    Huh??? Are you very naive? Would you really go to Charlottesville with a name like Robert Lee right now? Maybe next month or next year but you would be a dumb ass IMO to go there right now.

Are you living in a bubble? One of the most serious hate crimes going on right now is people being harassed and even physically attacked because of their names. Talk to the man named Casey Anthony that still receives death threats or Charles Manson who also gets bullied even though Manson has been in prison for decades.

How about this couple who has Trump license plates because you know... Their last name is Trump.
    http://www.abc10.com/news/local/tual...ates/342698729

People are stupid. Here's a guy that killed his girlfriend over a name.

Florida Man Sentenced to Life for Killing Girlfriend Who Yelled Ex’s Name During Sex

http://people.com/crime/florida-man-sentenced-killed-ex-during-sex/

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Even CNN and MSNBC are taking shots at espn because they know it's ridiculous. This teamed with apologizing for having a fantasy draft that SJWs thought was a slave auction makes them look like a bunch of pussies.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Just when you think it couldn't get more ridiculous

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...rals-name.html
    ESPN. the world wide leader of snowflakes.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Huh??? Are you very naive? Would you really go to Charlottesville with a name like Robert Lee right now? Maybe next month or next year but you would be a dumb ass IMO to go there right now.

Are you living in a bubble? One of the most serious hate crimes going on right now is people being harassed and even physically attacked because of their names. Talk to the man named Casey Anthony that still receives death threats or Charles Manson who also gets bullied even though Manson has been in prison for decades.

How about this couple who has Trump license plates because you know... Their last name is Trump.
    http://www.abc10.com/news/local/tual...ates/342698729

People are stupid. Here's a guy that killed his girlfriend over a name.

Florida Man Sentenced to Life for Killing Girlfriend Who Yelled Ex’s Name During Sex

http://people.com/crime/florida-man-...ex-during-sex/
    Ya, I would and wouldn't even think twice. Its ridiculous, beyond ridiculous. Not sure what the hell you are doing defending this Mac. Not even CNN will back this.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

I hear ESPN gave Bob Ley a month paid leave of absence until this Charlottesville thing blows over.

First 123 Last