stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule

Steelers schedule is softer than cream cheese.
    Anything worse than 13-3 is a disappointment.
    Where are the losses?

With all their talent they should be 13 and 3 and 4 an 1 before the KC Chief game.
    Their two most difficult games are home at Heinz, against the Packers and Patriots and I can see the Steelers getting one of those two.

Steelers should get a free ride to a bye playoff week,

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Big Ben will miss at least 3 games. Big Ben is absolute dog shit on the road. Balty, KC, Houston road games are all L's. New England, Green Bay, possibly Minny. Steelers D still can't play man, can be carved up easily by a heady QB and OC. They will struggle with Cleveland in one of those matchups as well.

I'm probably the only guy drafting OBJ ahead of Antonio Brown. Big Ben goes down and Brown's production is in the shitter.

stevenash

^
    I can see the Steelers shitting the bed against KC, that is a difficult road game.
    Chiefs defense is scary good it deserves more press.
    I can't see Flaco beating the Steelers though, even with an average Steeler defense at best.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Bengals are just a toss over?

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5164

3 soft games with Cleveland twice and Chicago. They could lose any of the others. 10-6 would be a good year for them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody knows which games are easier or which games are difficult because of injuries and the unknown factors stop acting like rookies here

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Bengals are just a toss over?
    Poor rush defense, Bell will rip them.

Keep in mind I am not a Steeler fan, but the combined record last season of the teams they face in the first five weeks were 23 and 41.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

And Bengals had more injuries than they have in the past decade along with suspensions

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Also Dalton had most likely his best year, along with missing AJ Green part of the year and Giovani Benard practically the whole year. Defense is another fiasco in itself, Burfict is a nut but a game changer. Anyways who knows, Bengals fans gotta look somewhere for a shot lol. Thing that i think is gonna kill them the most is the O Line.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6314

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Big Ben will miss at least 3 games. Big Ben is absolute dog shit on the road. Balty, KC, Houston road games are all L's. New England, Green Bay, possibly Minny. Steelers D still can't play man, can be carved up easily by a heady QB and OC. They will struggle with Cleveland in one of those matchups as well.

I'm probably the only guy drafting OBJ ahead of Antonio Brown. Big Ben goes down and Brown's production is in the shitter.
    Numbers back this up. And who's impersonating JJ, he actually made a semi-intelligent post.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Numbers back this up. And who's impersonating JJ, he actually made a semi-intelligent post.
    But Ben gagging on the road is common knowledge, but still give JJ his props.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They lose at least 5 games, Cincy is almost as good as them

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    They lose at least 5 games, Cincy is almost as good as them
    I have to disagree, Dalton ain't Ben, but Ben ain't Rodgers or Brady, but Andy ain't Ben, Cincy has a top 5 wide out, Steelers have a top 2 wide out, Cincy has not much of a rushing attack, I mean that tandem they use it OK, but Bell is the best in the universe, sorry David Johnson fans, but that's just the way it is.
    If Martavis Bryant can stay off the coke and weed, Bryant and Brown and Bell is and Ben (that's a lot of B's) is too much for the Bengal defense, and I like the Bengal defense.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Steelers are notoriously awful against sub .500 teams on the road. I think they're 5-11 in the Tomlin era against weaklings. They always play to the level of their opponents. Because they're poorly coached and it starts with Tomlin.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I have to disagree, Dalton ain't Ben, but Ben ain't Rodgers or Brady, but Andy ain't Ben, Cincy has a top 5 wide out, Steelers have a top 2 wide out, Cincy has not much of a rushing attack, I mean that tandem they use it OK, but Bell is the best in the universe, sorry David Johnson fans, but that's just the way it is.
    If Martavis Bryant can stay off the coke and weed, Bryant and Brown and Bell is and Ben (that's a lot of B's) is too much for the Bengal defense, and I like the Bengal defense.
    Respect your opinion, but i'd have to say Green, Ross, and Bernard is just as good my argument go's on the point of Ben not being as good. That's if Ross does what he is suppose to if not they still have Boyd and a healed TE in Eifert which is damn good down field weapon. Hill in a contract year and Mixon in his rookie year trying to prove all the doubters that didn't take a chance on him wrong. Oh yeah and Dalton isn't that terrible guy has at least made it to 3 Pro Bowls.

Bell hands down a beast though.
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 08-22-17 at 06:37 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Steelers and Green Bay always get preferential treatment

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Brown is not a top 10 wideout he literally never had a good game his whole career with Ben out and that is a lot of games. MIke Wallace was on track to make the hall of fame before he left Pittsburgh.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

This works under the assumption that all the teams we expect to be shitty remain shitty. That's often not the case.

And take into account Big Ben's age. He's a 35-year old scrambling quarterback.

You could say the Steelers have the fortune of being able to host the (presumed)strongest opponents Packers/Patriots, but that can go both ways. Those two teams can beat the Steelers and they'll be left with road games, which Ben doesn't do so well in.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Steelers have trouble on the road and have an old quarterback so they get a late bye, 3 road games in a dome, one in Cincinnati and 6 Home games

jjgold

I think we're looking at 8-8

Big Ben will never make the season

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Window closing on this team.

Bell injuries and issues.

Rothlesbeeger injuries and really poor late season performance in 2016 plus retirement speculation.

Defense still can't get a stop on 3rd down unless up by 2 scores....

Tomlin coaching cycle close to expiration date.

9-7 and they miss playoffs. Big Ben retires, Tomlin ousted. New owners new direction.

Weazxx
    Weazxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

doesnt matter, Tomlin is a dumbass, so incompetent, their DBs suck ass

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Steelers schedule is softer than cream cheese.
    Anything worse than 13-3 is a disappointment.
    Where are the losses?

With all their talent they should be 13 and 3 and 4 an 1 before the KC Chief game.
    Their two most difficult games are home at Heinz, against the Packers and Patriots and I can see the Steelers getting one of those two.

Steelers should get a free ride to a bye playoff week,

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Schedule doesn't really seem that soft to be honest

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11732

Pgh owns Cincy. Where have you been for the past few years

jjgold

Every schedule is tough in the NFL just very few easy games anymore it's callef parity

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

11-5

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Brown is not a top 10 wideout he literally never had a good game his whole career with Ben out and that is a lot of games. MIke Wallace was on track to make the hall of fame before he left Pittsburgh.
    I am not a Steeler fan, I am hardly a Steeler fan, but come on man.

Antonio Brown was 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards in 2013
    Antonio Brown LED the NFL in receiving yards in 2014 (and it wasn't even close)
    Antonio Brown was second in the NFL in receiving yards in 2015, pretty much even with league leader Julio Jones.

Dude, Antonio Brown is a top three wide out, end of discussion, and to say he's not a top ten is ignorant, and to put Mike Wallace in the same breath as Brown is even more ignorant.