thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope your joking bro. Hendrick has a 2 ERA last year, he's irrevelant this year, Lackey was great last year, he sucks this year. Zobrist and Fowler were great last year, Zobrist has been mediocre and Fowler is gone. They won 120 games last year in a tougher division, they are nothing close to what they were a year ago.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What LA doing is very unusual

This type of run usually ends up in WS win

America rooting for them

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I hope your joking bro. Hendrick has a 2 ERA last year, he's irrevelant this year, Lackey was great last year, he sucks this year. Zobrist and Fowler were great last year, Zobrist has been mediocre and Fowler is gone. They won 120 games last year in a tougher division, they are nothing close to what they were a year ago.
    So you saying it isn't basically the same players give or take a few guys?

The nl central was no different as a whole from a year ago other than cubs not playing as well. Cardinals basically the same, brewers better, pirates not much different, same w reds.

thomorino

Give or take a few guys? Hendricks was candidate for the CY Young last year, Lackey was great, Fowler was an all-star, Lester was better too. The NL central was stronger last year, Cardinals and every other team except Cincinnati were better last year.

2daBank

Give or take a few guys? Hendricks was candidate for the CY Young last year, Lackey was great, Fowler was an all-star, Lester was better too. The NL central was stronger last year, Cardinals and every other team except Cincinnati were better last year.
    Brewers better this year, cardinals were exactly the same garbage they are now.

They added Quintana which offsets Lackey sucking and point being they still have the same lineup sans fowler. Not sure how that arguable? Sure they not having the same seasons but it still the same guys!!

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Brewers better this year, cardinals were exactly the same garbage they are now.

They added Quintana which offsets Lackey sucking and point being they still have the same lineup sans fowler. Not sure how that arguable? Sure they not having the same seasons but it still the same guys!!
    Dude its not the same guys, not even close. Hendricks was one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball last year, he hasn't even been on the field most of the season. Fowler was one of the top leadoff hitters in baseball, he's not on the field. Zobrist had an all-star year last year, he's been hurt and not good this year. Lackey had a 2 ERA at home last year, Quintana is not as good as last year. The Cubs were 2-1 to win the national league last year, this year they should be 8-1. As for the division, the Cardinals hit much better last year and finished 10 games over .500, the only team better this year is Milwaukee.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Indians and Doyers in the WS... And Francona will get the job done...

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11431

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    America rooting for them
    Well ... not sure about that.

travis91
    travis91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3691

Peaking too early, they were a .500 team on the road the first half of the season and Bellinger wasn't called up until close to the all-star break. They won't need much hitting with the starting pitching and bullpen they have, the Cubs didn't hit much either until the world series.
    Bellinger has played 91 of the dodgers 111 games, not sure where your getting that he wasn't called up until close to the all star break.

thomorino

He didn't become an everyday player until around the all-star break, missing games against left handed pitching.

2daBank

Dude its not the same guys, not even close. Hendricks was one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball last year, he hasn't even been on the field most of the season. Fowler was one of the top leadoff hitters in baseball, he's not on the field. Zobrist had an all-star year last year, he's been hurt and not good this year. Lackey had a 2 ERA at home last year, Quintana is not as good as last year. The Cubs were 2-1 to win the national league last year, this year they should be 8-1. As for the division, the Cardinals hit much better last year and finished 10 games over .500, the only team better this year is Milwaukee.
    Most metrics still say cards should be 7-10 games above, same team w little less cluster luck.

Again minus fowler it pretty much same names on back of all the jerseys so not sure how we arguing this? I didn't say they playing the same but obviously they are capable as these same guys did it just last year.

thomorino

There are no metrics that say Cardinals should be that good, Fowler is hurt and they don't hit consistently. The Cubs team last year would be -250 against the team this year in a series, and that's conservative.

travis91
    travis91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3691

He didn't become an everyday player until around the all-star break, missing games against left handed pitching.
    Everyday player? He's PLAYED in 91 games lol what aren't you understanding about that?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    That was B.D

Before Darvish
    And good wood

And bellinger

And Watson
    And morrow
    And ... we'll you get the picture

Keyshawn doesn't have to be super man this year short rest and all that.

Crown them now!
    My point being, every player listed there has done jack shit in playoff baseball. Which is why I said let's wait until we see them in October, not crown them in August.

2daBank

There are no metrics that say Cardinals should be that good, Fowler is hurt and they don't hit consistently. The Cubs team last year would be -250 against the team this year in a series, and that's conservative.
    There are metrics that say exactly that matter a fact. Pathegorean alone has them at 59-52 then if you wanna get a little deeper there others that have them anywhere from 8 to 11 games above. Only Indians and I believe Yankees have underperformed more. But hey keep telling me how wrong I am based off your "fowler hurt they don't hit" theories.

thomorino

There are metrics that say exactly that matter a fact. Pathegorean alone has them at 59-52 then if you wanna get a little deeper there others that have them anywhere from 8 to 11 games above. Only Indians and I believe Yankees have underperformed more. But hey keep telling me how wrong I am based off your "fowler hurt they don't hit" theories.
    There run differential is +34, not great, and they don't have a strong bullpen. Every team with a below average bullpen struggles in close games, the Cardinals are no different.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by travis91 View Post
    Everyday player? He's PLAYED in 91 games lol what aren't you understanding about that?
    Yes, I understand your number, he pinch in in several games he did not play in because the pitcher was left handed. I'm saying he wasn't an everyday player consistently at the beginning of the year.

2daBank

There run differential is +34, not great, and they don't have a strong bullpen. Every team with a below average bullpen struggles in close games, the Cardinals are no different.
    Equates to 7 games above .500. Add in other factors and they project out as being anywhere from 7 to 11 games above. just as I said.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2864

Who knows but they look so damn good right now. Been hitting them live early when they get behind a run or 2 and it's been good money these last couple weeks.

thomorino

Equates to 7 games above .500. Add in other factors and they project out as being anywhere from 7 to 11 games above. just as I said.
    The reason the Cardinals are where they are is they have not been great in close games. The best teams in close games such as Baltimore a couple years ago have great bullpens, Cardinals bullpen has been a weak link.

2daBank

The reason the Cardinals are where they are is they have not been great in close games. The best teams in close games such as Baltimore a couple years ago have great bullpens, Cardinals bullpen has been a weak link.
    That doesn't hold water cause the pen been very strong since the asb and they have still been losing close games at a high clip. Bad managers don't help in close games either and matheny terrible. But again they been basically playing .500 ball since the break and while the pen was a big issue earlier in year that not been the case lately.

thomorino

That doesn't hold water cause the pen been very strong since the asb and they have still been losing close games at a high clip. Bad managers don't help in close games either and matheny terrible. But again they been basically playing .500 ball since the break and while the pen was a big issue earlier in year that not been the case lately.
    They've played 23 games since the all-star break so if the bullpen was garbage before the break that absolutely would explain why the team is losing close games. Their pitchers also can't pitch on the road in hitters parks ,especially Wainright and Wacha, which is an issue as well. Matheny is a moron, I remember when he used Wacha out of the pen in the middle of the playoffs when Wacha had never once pitched in relief in that situation.

2daBank

They've played 23 games since the all-star break so if the bullpen was garbage before the break that absolutely would explain why the team is losing close games. Their pitchers also can't pitch on the road in hitters parks ,especially Wainright and Wacha, which is an issue as well. Matheny is a moron, I remember when he used Wacha out of the pen in the middle of the playoffs when Wacha had never once pitched in relief in that situation.
    Yea he a fukkin idiot and a big reason pen struggled is cause of his misuse of them. Wacha home/road was only a big deal when his shoulder was flaring up, when his shoulder right he been good.

Shockingly they actually made some smart moves today. Optioned piscotty who a black hole at the plate and who matheny basically insisted on batting 3rd all season. Plus gyrko sitting again, ultimately I think gyrko should be playing but no way should he be hitting cleanup. Sucks cause I been all over cards unders since their pen has stabilized mostly due to our very good pitching and terrible offensive production. The poor offense has a lot to do with matheny stupid lineup he trots out there day after day refusing to stack up the guys producing. Reads as cards have had bad cluster luck but it wasn't bad luck it was bad lineups.

thomorino

Yea he a fukkin idiot and a big reason pen struggled is cause of his misuse of them. Wacha home/road was only a big deal when his shoulder was flaring up, when his shoulder right he been good.

Shockingly they actually made some smart moves today. Optioned piscotty who a black hole at the plate and who matheny basically insisted on batting 3rd all season. Plus gyrko sitting again, ultimately I think gyrko should be playing but no way should he be hitting cleanup. Sucks cause I been all over cards unders since their pen has stabilized mostly due to our very good pitching and terrible offensive production. The poor offense has a lot to do with matheny stupid lineup he trots out there day after day refusing to stack up the guys producing. Reads as cards have had bad cluster luck but it wasn't bad luck it was bad lineups.
    Matheny is an idiot but your scapegoating him, this lineup is garbage, there is zero power, and no manager could make it work. Wacha's problem has not been his shoulder, its been the fact he can't keep the ball on the ground, which gets him exposed in hitters parks and explains why he's given up twice as many home runs on the road. He did not pitch well at Milwaukee recently, but got very lucky, walking a hitter nearly every inning.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What LA doing is very unusual

This type of run usually ends up in WS win

America rooting for them
    Yup, nobody understands that.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Nope

Does good pitching peak too early??

Kershaw& darvish+Wood+ ryu that bullpen don't slump.

They're the real deal
    The funny thing is you actually follow them and you have no clue about them.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10442

I believe this is correct
    Peaking too soon

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakerboy nailed this one

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Dodgers will win the NL Championship still. This is a temporary slump.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16569

LB has a clue!
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave franklee168 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24480

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    LB has a clue!
    Laker knew. Imagine all the Dog tickets he cashed L2 weeks.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16569

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Laker knew. Imagine all the Dog tickets he cashed L2 weeks.
    Goat, you know I take great pleasure seeing the doyers fall! Lol! Most of these guys weren't even around when they won the last series.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

This is too funny

First 12