franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16945

Skinny repeal plan

Someone give me the short version of what happened last night. TIA.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Trump's attempt to repeal Obamacare failed for the 8,955th time.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Washington is broken. That's why Trump was elected. It won't be easy but he will prevail eventually.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Washington is broken. That's why Trump was elected. It won't be easy but he will prevail eventually.

some more BS from the BS king. have you have read anything that this man composed that was of substance? I mean one comment, that is a comment that he didn't steal, have you?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

at least now they admit that they can't completely repeal the ACA, no shit. Now, they are going to attempt probably another skinny repeal. Can't work for the good of the American people if it doesn't contain a mandate. Either fix the ACA with the D's, or offer universal coverage. That is the only realistic avenue they have.

Promised for seven plus years and this is the result. Six months and counting and not one substantial piece of legislation. Now they are talking about going right onto tax reform. That is fine if tax reform doesn't mean huge tax breaks for the super rich, but that is what it will mean. Because we all know how giving tax relief to the super rich helps the country, that has been proven time and time and time again.

Wait, Ryan will be sticking his nose in this one, guaranteed.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

BTW, keep in mind. Don't forget that DT said that the rich must pay more. Remember that!

CGBatch
    CGBatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5978

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    BTW, keep in mind. Don't forget that DT said that the rich must pay more. Remember that!
    Lol what hasn't he said at this point. Ultimately though I wish I had a crystal ball and knew how this shit was going to play out because I'm very worried. The American people can no longer seem to be able to put the puzzle together and just because the GOP are trying to screw people in no way means it will hurt them at the polls. Somehow they've mastered the art of lying to people through their teeth and still gaining their support, pure sorcery.

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

Anybody that didn't already know found out that the republicans have been lying this whole time about "their plan to repeal and replace" and that they're great at firing up their base of deplorables but terrible at actually governing.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The sad part is that there have been so many meaningless repeal votes on this without any real substance. Just bipartisan bullshit. The law has been in effect for 8 years now. We know the good, bad, and the ugly and have for a few years now. Why haven't we crafted any sort of meaningful legislation to fix the parts that are clearly wrong with the ACA? It honestly blows my mind.

At least we can move on to other agenda items now. lol.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CGBatch View Post
    Lol what hasn't he said at this point. Ultimately though I wish I had a crystal ball and knew how this shit was going to play out because I'm very worried. The American people can no longer seem to be able to put the puzzle together and just because the GOP are trying to screw people in no way means it will hurt them at the polls. Somehow they've mastered the art of lying to people through their teeth and still gaining their support, pure sorcery.

Yep, a party that lies all the time represents 1 or 2% of the populations manages to receive 50% of the vote. It is fckin amazing!

Turd Ferguson

Yep, a party that lies all the time represents 1 or 2% of the populations manages to receive 50% of the vote. It is fckin amazing!

You have to hand it to McConnell. He took a bill with a 17% approval rating and got it to 49 votes in the Senate.

He may be a snake in the grass, but the guys good at what he does.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    You have to hand it to McConnell. He took a bill with a 17% approval rating and got it to 49 votes in the Senate.

He may be a snake in the grass, but the guys good at what he does.

yes, promises, lies, threats and who the fck knows what else. thank god we have at least a few with common sense. want to hear a funny story, a true story. years ago I said when the women take over the leadership in this country we will be much better off. guess what, dwightie agreed with me. the few people in that party that make sense are mostly women. you notice that, well of course you do. the irony of it is dwightie agreed with me on this one and the women in that party handed it to the crazies. even with bribes.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

In a nutshell..........

Sens. Lindsey Graham, Ron Johnson, John McCain, and Bill Cassidy held a press conference Thursday night in the Capitol demanding full assurance from the House that the lower chamber would not, under any circumstances, take up the bill they planned to pass and send it to the White House. If the Senate could be assured it would go to conference committee instead, they promised, then they would support it.

To be clear: They demanded a public promise that the bill they were voting for would never become law in order to agree to vote for it.

McCain, who returned to the Senate after a brain cancer diagnosis to cast the dramatic vote McConnell needed to get the bill on the floor, put it as well as anybody could. Just before the Senate took up the critical vote, he told reporters, “Wait for the show.”

McCain joined with Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski to give the chamber just enough votes to kill it, 51-49.

It was all a show.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Here is how I see it. The crazies on the left made sure that the government knew how they felt. The crazies on the right were going to Trump rallies instead of marching. The repubs stated we can't let this pass because they will get slaughtered in 2020. Mccain maybe dead by then so he bit the bullet for the repubs. The party maybe able to survive trump.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I really thought this Obamacare thing would be kicked to the curb by now?

What in the hell is holding this BS policy up? People blind?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

They are all junk

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Anybody that didn't already know found out that the republicans have been lying this whole time about "their plan to repeal and replace" and that they're great at firing up their base of deplorables but terrible at actually governing.
    This coming from a Hil teet hugger.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

which side is taxing citizens for not having health insurance?...is that still a thing?
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 07-28-17 at 06:44 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

To be clear: They demanded a public promise that the bill they were voting for would never become law in order to agree to vote for it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    which side is taxing citizens for not having health insurance?.

Would that be Nancy Pelosi's side?
    You know, the one told us to pass the damn thing so we can find out what's in the damn thing?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

a picture says a 1000 words !

Turd Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Would that be Nancy Pelosi's side?
    You know, the one told us to pass the damn thing so we can find out what's in the damn thing?

And how many of those republican senators knew what was in the bill that they voted for last night...you know, the one that was written at lunch?

BarstoolProphet
    BarstoolProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Turd ,, you do know that what was completed at lunch ,,dont you?

A puzzle book.

Page 1 Connect the dots.

Page 2 Fill in the blanks.

Page 3 Crossword puzzle with no legend.

Page 4 To be Cont.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

It's incredible.
    Truly the Laughing stock of the universe