penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

NBA rule changes what would you like

Have a few in mind myself

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

How 'bout if you intentionally foul Deandre Jordan, the Clips get 2 shots and the ball.

How 'bout at the end of the game when you intentionally foul, the other team gets 2 shots and the ball.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

1. Change the lottery so all teams have an equal chance at each pick. It will eliminate the incentive of tanking.

2. This will never happen, but I think it would be cool if they changed the series structure of the playoffs:

Round 1: Best of 7
    Round 2: Best of 5
    Round 3: Best of 3
    NBA Finals: 1 game at a predetermined location like the Super Bowl.

Teams that finish in higher seeding will obviously be benefited in the early rounds as they have 7 games to win the series, but each series after that will be more difficult as the games are now more important. The NBA finals game should be played on a Sunday to maximize ratings and you can promote it all week like the Super Bowl. Make it an all or nothing, and I guarantee you will see harder play by the players.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Team that drafts you owns you for 8 years. If you want to leave you sit out one year.

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

franchise tag starting all players drafted 2017 and beyond so small market teams can hang out to their superstar players

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

No more intentionally stacking the West and clearing the way for Lebron to get to the finals every year. I know the league is rigged and they want him in the finals every year, but pretending Isiah Thomas and the Celtics are a contender is a joke. 7 of the 8 best teams in the NBA shouldn't be in the west every year.

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by NUTSonYAchin View Post
    No more intentionally stacking the West and clearing the way for Lebron to get to the finals every year. I know the league is rigged and they want him in the finals every year, but pretending Isiah Thomas and the Celtics are a contender is a joke. 7 of the 8 best teams in the NBA shouldn't be in the west every year.
    why not just re seed after the regular season both conferences let the west take out the weak east teams and san antonio or clips or rockets vs warriors next year in final

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Give refs the green light to T up and toss players and stars for crying or complaining ab calls. Lobbying for future calls draws some sort of penalty as well

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

If a player with the ball takes more than two steps without dribbling, the play stops and the other team gains possession of the ball. This rule will be called traveling.
    Points Awarded:

Cuse0323 gave Ian 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 7deuceoff$uit, MadTiger, unde0087, and MickeyMan

quitefrankle
    quitefrankle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2209

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If a player with the ball takes more than two steps without dribbling, the play stops and the other team gains possession of the ball. This rule will be called traveling.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Please name me the 7 best teams in the NBA that are in the West?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Cleveland and GS won't dominate the NBA forever. Lebron is getting older and the Warriors style of play will soon be found out. There's some good up and coming teams that will have key players back from injuries.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

No stacking teams with superstar trades during free agency.

Every team should have the right to protect any 2 players and or block any trade for those players entire career..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20133

4 point shot.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Team that drafts you owns you for 8 years. If you want to leave you sit out one year.
    Thinking along those same lines.. Stacking teams make the playoffs boring.. Sweep after sweep.. Bad for the league.. Becomes like an all star game in the finals.. Rest of the league irrelevant...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    4 point shot.
    From where half court?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20133

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    From where half court?
    Yeah, there or maybe just inside the half line. Those end-of-quarter hail mary's deserve more than 3 points.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Prior to tipoff every starting player must answer a random question correctly from Jeopardy for kids. Those who answer incorrectly must sit and their sub then has to answer correctly until everyone on the floor has given a correct answer. During the game any subsequent sub has to answer a Jeopardy for kids question correctly, whether they have already been on the floor or not. This would do very little to increase and most probably decrease the quality of basketball, but would be immensely entertaining.

Also, rotating your hand below the side of the ball while dribbling would be called "carrying" or "palming" and would result in a turnover.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Half court shots are worth 10 points.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

For them to not allow any black players.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Thinking along those same lines.. Stacking teams make the playoffs boring.. Sweep after sweep.. Bad for the league.. Becomes like an all star game in the finals.. Rest of the league irrelevant...
    lebron, george, and westbrook will all be playing for the lakers starting in 2018. would this be considered stacking. it absolutely is going to happen.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

No more intentionally stacking the West and clearing the way for Lebron to get to the finals every year. I know the leaguerigged and they want him in the finals every year, but pretending Isiah Thomas and the Celtics are a contender is a joke. 7 of the 8 best teams in the NBA shouldn't be in the west every year.
    Cleveland isn't even good. Golden State and San Ant or the only good teams in the league. The league is a joke.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    1. Change the lottery so all teams have an equal chance at each pick. It will eliminate the incentive of tanking.

2. This will never happen, but I think it would be cool if they changed the series structure of the playoffs:

Teams that finish in higher seeding will obviously be benefited in the early rounds as they have 7 games to win the series, but each series after that will be more difficult as the games are now more important. The NBA finals game should be played on a Sunday to maximize ratings and you can promote it all week like the Super Bowl. Make it an all or nothing, and I guarantee you will see harder play by the players.
    I would absolutely hate this. I mean I get people would enjoy the excitement of an all or nothing game but if you like seeing logical results and the best team winning, having it be a 1-game shootout would really suck. Some will say they'd actually like the unpredictability and I get it, but really not my thing...

Not to mention we'd lose tons of games to watch and tons of games to bet on.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

My changes would be:

1) You can review a foul. If they don't want to implement it as a trigger for the officials because there are already so many, at least give each coach 2 or 3 challenges a game where they get to have a foul reviewed.

2) No more of this bullshit flinging the ball up after feeling contact and getting 3 free throws. Have to be in the upwards motion before the contact for it to be a shooting foul. I expect the NBA to correct this soon like they did with the KD rip-through move.

3) Draft lottery needs to change. Encouraging teams to lose games is the dumbest shit ever, because teams start tanking which theoretically is the correct move and develop losing habits and become losing franchises. It sucks. I would do this:

- Draft picks 1 through 14 are completely random between all 14 non-playoff teams. So no incentive to get the worst record, or be worse than another bad team etc. Now this would possibly encourage teams to try to not even make the playoffs which is where the 2nd rule would kick in
    - Non-negligible bonuses for making the playoffs. The NBA can afford this. No owner or player will turn down something that will make them extra money, so nobody will tank a playoff spot away
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bozeman

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No more being able to advance the ball to half court with a timeout.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teecee

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post

Would be cool to have all pro sports have a super bowl game. 1 game at Nuetral Location.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Number 2 from seto is a must change for the NBA. They need to call shooting fouls like college ball does.

Id prefer longer 3 pointers and allowing guys to actually play defense too.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Number 2 from seto is a must change for the NBA.
    Needs to include no more jumping sideways into a defender to draw contact also.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10538

Widen and lengthen the court. Keep the same height of the basket.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    No more being able to advance the ball to half court with a timeout.

Yup

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Less time outs and move the three point shot farther

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Where to begin?! Off the top of my head...

1. the refs need to be more consistent from game to game
    2. video replay has to go (I don't care if the wrong team wins -life aint fair)
    3. lottery system is broken, they need to expand the lottery to at least 28 teams, maybe 29. Teams need to draft well with the picks they get, and be active in free agency, not get charity at the draft.
    4. get rid of anything cynical in the game, like L.Williams getting 3FTs, or Harden lunging
    5. call technical fouls. I don't like seeing refs abused even when they're doing a poor job.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

The NBA will limit teams to two team timeouts in the final three minutes of a game, league sources tell ESPN.

The past rule allowed for three team timeouts in the last 2 minutes of game. The Board of Governors is searching for ways to speed it up.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Thats still 4 time outs combined. Why can't these idiot players just figure out things on there own?

123 Last