RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Friday MLB play...

Texas (Cashner) -119

Cashner too good to not have his first win yet. Opponents hitting .208 against and he faces the A's Hahn who is having control issues and I don't think he's solved it yet. Good price though I wouldn't take anything lower, and a very good pitcher ready to grab his first win tonight.

Good luck if you follow along.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like your work

Come
    To nj

Love to meet you and go to track

My treat this summer

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I got -115 early AM (Heritage overnight) and immediately took some flak for betting on Texas. lol

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Texas (Cashner) -119

Cashner too good to not have his first win yet. Opponents hitting .208 against and he faces the A's Hahn who is having control issues and I don't think he's solved it yet. Good price though I wouldn't take anything lower, and a very good pitcher ready to grab his first win tonight.

Good luck if you follow along.
    hahn's control issues? yes he walked 4 in last. what about cashner with the 19 bb and only 15 k's. that's one of the worst ratios of any starter this year. this game is a pass. pure and simple. good luck to anyone who plays this game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Good luck.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    hahn's control issues? yes he walked 4 in last. what about cashner with the 19 bb and only 15 k's. that's one of the worst ratios of any starter this year. this game is a pass. pure and simple. good luck to anyone who plays this game.
    that was my thought indeed. Wasn't sure why Cashner's ratio wasn't mentioned by the OP

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    that was my thought indeed. Wasn't sure why Cashner's ratio wasn't mentioned by the OP
    probably didn't notice it. extremely important those bb-k ratios, along with ip-h ratios. the whip stats on pitchers very telling. hahn's 1.21 vs cashner's 1.43 doesn't look like much of a difference but it is.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 05-12-17 at 04:45 PM. Reason: whips

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    probably didn't notice it. extremely important those bb-k ratios, along with ip-h ratios. the whip stats on pitchers very telling. hahn's 1.21 vs cashner's 1.43 doesn't look like much of a difference but it is.
    Oh, I saw the numbers, but they are skewed. I do a lot of visual, meaning I watch a lot of games. I always take note when pitchers get "squeezed" by the home plate umpire. Last game against the Mariners, blue did just that. There were 9 pitches that hit the "square" that he didn't get for strikes and it cost him big time. Hahn, on the other hand, was missing badly. I saw it on his face that he is not comfortable right now. When I see this, it will usually carry into 3-4 games until it gets right. Not saying that he can't get it right tonight, but odds are he won't. Thus my play. Numbers are what they are, just numbers. The real art of handicapping is how the numbers got to where they are, be it good luck, skill, or bad luck.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I like your work

Come
    To nj

Love to meet you and go to track

My treat this summer
    Thanks JJ. Speaking of track, I have a horse I like going tonight. I might post it later.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Get away from the military haircut I think it's throwing you off and let your hair grow really long in the back