tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Predators / Ducks Game One

+100/-110. Total opened at 5.5 but quickly dropped to 5.

I think this will be a 2-1 type game. Slight lean towards Nashville.

Discuss.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

i tooked the over but i suk at hockey so.... and i just love overs ....

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Under.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Nashville has looked amazing and is well rested and has no injury issues.

That being said, the Ducks are the play at -115. Home team, no layoff, better regular season, more battle tested and more veterans that need to win. I love to fade teams after long layoffs and frankly, Anaheim should be the favourite in this series and aren't.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post

That being said, the Ducks are the play at -115. Home team, no layoff, better regular season, more battle tested and more veterans that need to win. I love to fade teams after long layoffs and frankly, Anaheim should be the favourite in this series and aren't.
    Wow. Surprised you said all of this. But can't knock it. You're one of the best cappers here. Hockey is definitely not my strong point at all. I like Nashville to win the series.

You're surprised Anaheim is the underdog? I'm surprised Nashville is the favorite in the series.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Ducks win game 1 only cause they have momentum from game 7.

Preds win next 3.

Ducks Stave off elimination in game 5.

Preds win game 6.

Thank me later

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

not 100% true on the injury part, Kevin Fiala's out for the rest of the playoffs and he's a big part of the preds offense, but even without him preds have played well against the blues in that series.
    Points Awarded:

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 200 Betpoint(s) for this post.

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 180 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    not 100% true on the injury part, Kevin Fiala's out for the rest of the playoffs and he's a big part of the preds offense, but even without him preds have played well against the blues in that series.
    Ummmmmm. Listen man, no disrespect meant, but a guy that puts up 16 points in 54 games on the 3/4 lines and kills penalties and plays 22 games in the AHL is NOT a big part of the Preds offensive attack. He is a solid young player with a solid future and will one day be a decent second line player....but beyond that I am not sure how you came to this conclusion.

He was getting solid minutes and did see the second line here and there but generally plays behind Forsberg, Wilson and Jarnkrok and can be replaced by Cody McLeod in the lineup.

Also, for the third round of the playoffs, to only be missing one spare part and have no lingering minor injury issues (like the Ducks surely have) is amazing.
    I honestly question where he or not you know anything about the NHL.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Ummmmmm. Listen man, no disrespect meant, but a guy that puts up 16 points in 54 games on the 3/4 lines and kills penalties and plays 22 games in the AHL is NOT a big part of the Preds offensive attack. He is a solid young player with a solid future and will one day be a decent second line player....but beyond that I am not sure how you came to this conclusion.

He was getting solid minutes and did see the second line here and there but generally plays behind Forsberg, Wilson and Jarnkrok and can be replaced by Cody McLeod in the lineup.

Also, for the third round of the playoffs, to only be missing one spare part and have no lingering minor injury issues (like the Ducks surely have) is amazing.
    I honestly question where he or not you know anything about the NHL.
    Agree to disagree, difference of opinion. I'm sure many feel that way about Kevin Fiala but the homer in me of being a die hard Preds fan don't feel that way about him

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Agree to disagree, difference of opinion. I'm sure many feel that way about Kevin Fiala but the homer in me of being a die hard Preds fan don't feel that way about him
    I have this gut feeling Preds win the cup. I like the way they play... they have solid goaltending and a lot of intangibles. I haven't seen a team in the playoffs skate like them in quite some time.

It's one of those wagers you say.... you know what? I'm laying the money... and take it away if you may? I mean... they swept Chicago. They handled the Blues. And Anaheim is coming off a tough 7 game series VS Edmonton... in which Edmonton had a 2-0 series lead. Anaheim has to fizzle a little. It's tough winning 4 out of 5 games in the playoffs... I don't care how well you're built.

Enjoy the series Monitor-Tan

And best of luck D2D in Game 1

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Preds easy big play for me, can't expect getzlaf to put up crazy numbers each game to cover for Gibson, preds defence huge step up from oilers D

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

I'm taking the Preds in Game 1. If for some reason they don't win tonight, I get a better price on them for the series play.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Preds 4-1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

on Ducks

home ice edge

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Playoff Predators are a completely different team. The most relevant metric I think is the degree to which they creamed Chicago and St. Louis. Slightly concerned I have so much money on Pittsburgh.

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

Wasn't that worried after the first lucky goal from Ducks and I've cheered the Ducks through the first two rounds. Predators clearly looked better. Shots 46-29. Preds almost look like the Hawks from a few years back. After hearing the National Anthem in Anaheim last night, I wish the Hawks were still in it so we could at least hear Jim Cornelison a few more times.

Without injuries, Preds winning the cup. Rinne - Conn Smythe. This one looks easy to call this year, you can feel it.
    Last edited by l3randonf; 05-13-17 at 05:03 AM.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Preds looked good in game one ... game 2 will be a better indicator in my opinion, Ducks wont have a quick turn around from previous series

MiDNiTe

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Preds easy big play for me, can't expect getzlaf to put up crazy numbers each game to cover for Gibson, preds defence huge step up from oilers D
    Big play preds game 2 also easy money, have watched a lot of ducks games, game 1 Gibson played one of his best game in ducks uniform and they still lost, he isn't a good goalie if he doesn't have another a grade game they will lose easily

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Preds looked good in game one ... game 2 will be a better indicator in my opinion, Ducks wont have a quick turn around from previous series
    It will be the same thing...Ducks will run out of gas just like game 1. They still haven't had a break since round 2.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Big play preds game 2 also easy money, have watched a lot of ducks games, game 1 Gibson played one of his best game in ducks uniform and they still lost, he isn't a good goalie if he doesn't have another a grade game they will lose easily
    He isn't a good goalie.

Lol. Now there's some analysis for you.

He has had had a few issues in the playoffs, but they ARE in the third round and he was a big part of that. He is 23 and had a GAA of barely over 2 this year and a SAA of .929 which put him very close to the top of the NHL.

No offense man, but saying something like that just doesn't make you sound very credible at all.

Rinne has come on the second half of this year and look good now....but if you look at these two goalies, Gibson had the better year.

MiDNiTe

He isn't a good goalie.

Lol. Now there's some analysis for you.

He has had had a few issues in the playoffs, but they ARE in the third round and he was a big part of that. He is 23 and had a GAA of barely over 2 this year and a SAA of .929 which put him very close to the top of the NHL.

No offense man, but saying something like that just doesn't make you sound very credible at all.

Rinne has come on the second half of this year and look good now....but if you look at these two goalies, Gibson had the better year.
    Lol you are a loser hiding who try's to snipe people. Let's see what I've said before game 1 hawks and preds I said preds huge chance and I think they beat hawks before game 1, oilers to beat sharks, didn't like caps chances against pens also when ducks were down 1-0 and 2-0 against oilers I still thought they could come back as oilers were too young and inexperienced also crap coach only 1 other person thought they could lose the series think it was Paco. Go find when's the last time I posted a losing bet??? Put your money where your mouth is back the ducks go, biggest loser here going in people's thread with sly comments on how it's a bad bet or more value on other side then when wins yeah I had them too

MiDNiTe

Can't believe they're idiots who think Gibson is a good goalie, yeah stats mean everything!! bet your going to say you had preds game 2 if they win

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Can't believe they're idiots who think Gibson is a good goalie, yeah stats mean everything!! bet your going to say you had preds game 2 if they win
    Lol, funny guy. Because I am willing to put myself out there, I am sniping at people? Are you talking about the comment on Lakerboy's thread last week? Pretty sure you are. One comment fukk-stick.

Listen son, I have more documented winners on this site than you will EVER have. And no, I do not past-post about winners, and I haven't posted any thoughts on any Game 2 yet. Admittedly, I was on the Pens -1 for small coin yesterday and some others made a very nice call with the Sens in Game 1....I don't bury my losses either.

IN FACT, I actually have the Preds winning the series AND Lord Stanley's Cup. Go ask Russian Ricket if you doubt that. I was not saying that the Ducks will win, what I am saying is that your comment about Gibson is both off-base and just plain dumb. He DOES have a bad game now and then, but the guy is still a kid. Most starting NHL goalies don't actually make it to #1 status until 26-27 years old. He is quite safely in the top 10-12 netminders in the game and will move up that list rapidly.

Get over yourself and whatever pocket change you are up so far this season, calm down about somebody questioning your opinion and get fukked.

MiDNiTe

Lol, funny guy. Because I am willing to put myself out there, I am sniping at people? Are you talking about the comment on Lakerboy's thread last week? Pretty sure you are. One comment fukk-stick.

Listen son, I have more documented winners on this site than you will EVER have. And no, I do not past-post about winners, and I haven't posted any thoughts on any Game 2 yet. Admittedly, I was on the Pens -1 for small coin yesterday and some others made a very nice call with the Sens in Game 1....I don't bury my losses either.

IN FACT, I actually have the Preds winning the series AND Lord Stanley's Cup. Go ask Russian Ricket if you doubt that. I was not saying that the Ducks will win, what I am saying is that your comment about Gibson is both off-base and just plain dumb. He DOES have a bad game now and then, but the guy is still a kid. Most starting NHL goalies don't actually make it to #1 status until 26-27 years old. He is quite safely in the top 10-12 netminders in the game and will move up that list rapidly.

Get over yourself and whatever pocket change you are up so far this season, calm down about somebody questioning your opinion and get fukked.
    Regular season stats say caps were unstoppable and favs for Stanley cup but what happened? Gibson maybe a good goalie in the future but he isn't one now, all that shit you wrote but you don't have the balls to take ducks game 2, not surprising coming from the guy who said he wasn't pro because no use since you don't care about it but then made a thread saying you become pro because you couldn't handle the criticism, you're the definition of a sheep, can you even think for yourself? No the stats say he's a great goalie baaa I'm a sheep baaaa

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Regular season stats say caps were unstoppable and favs for Stanley cup but what happened? Gibson maybe a good goalie in the future but he isn't one now, all that shit you wrote but you don't have the balls to take ducks game 2, not surprising coming from the guy who said he wasn't pro because no use since you don't care about it but then made a thread saying you become pro because you couldn't handle the criticism, you're the definition of a sheep, can you even think for yourself? No the stats say he's a great goalie baaa I'm a sheep baaaa
    You are fukkin' hilarious. Maybe you don't understand that post was being sarcastic? Possibly you do not understand wit? You think that I truly became a Pro because I could not stand the pressure??

*yawns, as I know understand just how dumb you really are

I won't put my money on the Ducks in Game 2 because I do not see an edge there. You think a goaltender is all it takes to win an NHL playoff game?

Listen dude, I get it. You are embarrassed because somebody called you out for being an idiot. I understand that you feel threatened and that your small man syndrome kicked in. I have read about guys like you. It's all good man, you will be ok.
    Best of luck throughout the rest of the playoffs and I hope your bankroll somehow makes it.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Wait, wait....don't feed the trolls. I should know that by now.

I give. You win. Gibson is a bad goalie. He really sucks.