slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't think you can compare Blockbuster to ESPN. I think it'd be naive to think ESPN is going to disappear. Think about it. You know what the budget is like on some of these shows they have? It's ridiculous. and some of the salaries of the employees? Million dollar contracts for some guy that's on TV 30 minutes a day. And they're wondering why they don't make more money.

The product of ESPN is here to stay forever. Not everyone is going to sign into their accounts, stream something, do all this BS when they have cable TV. If that were the case, Netflix and Hulu and all this shit would have dominated Comcast already and put them out of business and that's not the case.
    I'd argue that younger generations will. The more tech savvy people become, the worse cable companies will be. You'll always have people who want their traditional TV rather than streaming stuff, like old people don't know enough to cut the cable. Regardless, it's going to get worse before it gets better for cable companies.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

the post-Berman days will never be remembered

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Nino writes the answers for real jeopardy
    What is, "Hell yeeeeeah?"

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't think you can compare Blockbuster to ESPN. I think it'd be naive to think ESPN is going to disappear. Think about it. You know what the budget is like on some of these shows they have? It's ridiculous. and some of the salaries of the employees? Million dollar contracts for some guy that's on TV 30 minutes a day. And they're wondering why they don't make more money.

The product of ESPN is here to stay forever. Not everyone is going to sign into their accounts, stream something, do all this BS when they have cable TV. If that were the case, Netflix and Hulu and all this shit would have dominated Comcast already and put them out of business and that's not the case.
    My point is that ESPN had a strong foundation. When you advertise yourself as "THE WORLD WIDE LEADER IN SPORTS" and then a few months ago start letting people go and reconstructing contracts.... you know there's a meltdown on the horizon. ESPN execs mysteriously didn't see it coming... did nothing about it... until a half a year ago.

I grew up on Blockbuster... what kid 10-13 didn't? Read the reports about how Blockbuster admitted they never saw the collapse coming. And once they did... it was too late.

Once you're a dominate company worldwide... it's your game to lose. You have no one to blame but yourself... if your company collapses. ESPN isn't clearly worth the price the network charges providers.... and then the providers charge us.

In business... everyday you wake up is a new battle. There's always someone trying knock you off the top of the mountain.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Once upon a time ESPN was the greatest thing that ever happened to TV sports fans. Then little by little everything was about hiring females and promoting diversity, minorities, etc. Wow! It's barely recognizable and it's a terrible product. Who on earth are they tailoring their product towards? Take for instance that new SportsCenter with the angry black guy and girl--Who do they think gives a crap enough to tune in to see their opinions? Meanwhile, decades worth of loyal sports fans are changing the channel as quickly as possible. Unfathomable.
    Let's just call it what it is, a bunch of liberal propoganda trash. Its bad enough we have to watch these jerkoffs cry and protest everything. Now we cant go 20 minutes watching a sports channel without having someone shove more bullshit down our throats. ESPCNN is what they are now.
    Last edited by unde0087; 05-12-17 at 01:50 AM.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

wait for it...

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

This?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10