Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10874

Today 10:52 PM #31
    lakerboy
    SBR PRO

I used to hate on James as well. The guy it's incredible
    Give Points

No one bigger hater on James than me. That being said, I believe James is the greatest of all time. Imho. Shute.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey LB, mods said I M out. Banned after today. I would like to continue posting. If you can help me out I would appreciate that. Thanks

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Lebron James biggest cry baby in the NBA.

This is what I will remember him for.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

I remember every soul he crushed when he left Cleveland. Burning jerseys, calling out his mother when he played for the Heat when he played on the road in Cleveland, etc. Jordan played on 1 team. He has transferred his talent and brand to 2 cities. That can not be dismissed. The debate will go on. If he can bring a 2nd Title back to Cleveland, then I think the discussion should end. Just my humble option.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Defense isn't even allowed anymore. It was brutal in Jordan's era. Especially the beginning.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

He's made watching the NBA unbearable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jordan was much better to the basket and closing
    Way batter hands
    Better defender
    Better shooter

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jordan was much better to the basket and closing
    Way batter hands
    Better defender
    Better shooter
    Ohhh jj, i will give u that he is a better shooter but the rest is just nonsense. In my opinion Lbj is the best ever when going to the basket and finishing with strength. Lebron is going to pass Jordan in almost every statistical category including points so eventually the argument that mj was a better scorer/shooter will also be debateable. He is going to pass Jordan for playoff scoring most likely this year and he is only 32 years old. Better defender? Jordan can't cover 1-5 like lbj, not even close. Mj wasnt blocking opposing centres and power forwards, i watched the bulls just like everyone here, jordan was freed up by pippen and rodman doing all the dirty work. Lebron has to be jordan/pippen/rodman and a distributer on his teams. I think its very close for greatest player ever and have no problem with ppl saying jordan and/or lbj are #1. As for the haters saying lebron couldnt play as well in jordan's era of ball? Come on guys he is one of the strongest athletes in any sport and would dominate in any era especially an era where u could get away with more clutching/grabbing/hand checking. Glad to see some ppl are starting to sway their opinions, hate on him for the decision - i get that but on the court all he has ever done is live up to the hype.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Hey LB, mods said I M out. Banned after today. I would like to continue posting. If you can help me out I would appreciate that. Thanks
    Lol. Mods don't do that

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    He's made watching the NBA unbearable.
    Yeah watching Jordan win NBA titles was fun. Please guy.

symptoms
    symptoms's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jordan never did "The Decision"

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by symptoms View Post
    Jordan never did "The Decision"
    Yeah that true. Jordan never made any mistakes. He was perfect

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Can't wait until this bum retires.

Also, can't wait until he does the Kobe thing... Lebum farewell tour... when he clanks 80% of the shots he jacks.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why doesn't he have a shot? Curry and Durant are his bitches.
    Warriors are a much better team. They would be a significant favorite.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

James is a great player but would not be mentally tough enough to play during the 80's era. Imagine him going up against Detroit's Bad Boys or squaring off against Boston or LA when they're in the playoff mode of no layups / no dunks. He would stand outside and shoot 3's all game long. The NBA these days is a watered down league, just as Chuck says. James is the best of his era....the era of touch fouls and no defense, but he's far from the best of all time.

lakerboy

James hitting jumpers at will now as well.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

James hitting jumpers at will now as well.
    Off balance and left handed. Don't care to compare him to past players in different eras. What he's doing is reminiscent of what jordan did. Don't care who's better at this or that. The final product is what it is. Only difference is he's not as well liked as jordan was. Other than that he's today's version of mike

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Off balance and left handed. Don't care to compare him to past players in different eras. What he's doing is reminiscent of what jordan did. Don't care who's better at this or that. The final product is what it is. Only difference is he's not as well liked as jordan was. Other than that he's today's version of mike
    Exactly. James is a killer

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Exactly. James is a killer
    Most likely a better teammate than jordan was and I'm a MJ guy. At least neither were bigger dikks than kobe

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I remember every soul he crushed when he left Cleveland. Burning jerseys, calling out his mother when he played for the Heat when he played on the road in Cleveland, etc. Jordan played on 1 team.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

I remember every soul he crushed when he left Cleveland. Burning jerseys, calling out his mother when he played for the Heat when he played on the road in Cleveland, etc. Jordan played on 1 team. He has transferred his talent and brand to 2 cities. That can not be dismissed. The debate will go on. If he can bring a 2nd Title back to Cleveland, then I think the discussion should end. Just my humble option.
    if the best player jordan played with for the first 9 years of his career was larry hughes....he would have left too.

didnt do dick till they got pippen

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

That baseball pic is funny

MJ's jumping ability didn't translate well into the field of baseball. Who could have predicted that?

The Hat
    Washington

Pippen coming to the Bulls just so happened to coincide with the rest of the League's premier players and teams on the tail end of their careers and dynasties.

Bulls drafted Pippen in 87 I think, and didn't win a title until 91

They didn't do anything until Magic and LA got old....Detroit's Bad Boys got old...and the Celts grayed out

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by The Hat View Post
    Bulls drafted Pippen in 87 I think, and didn't win a title until 91

Bulls didn't draft Pippen

when Jordan left the Bulls to play baseball, how many games did they win the next year?

when Lebron left the cavs to go play in Miami how many games did they win the next year?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Wilt Chamberlain with todays sneakers and balls would score at will. Then you got nutritionists, doctors and kushy airways, there is no comparison, cannot be made.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He looks better than ever

He was real
    MVP

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

James Jordan and Kobe and Shaq were best players I have ever seen

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

lol u cant compare the league today to jordans days.. jordan play in a physical era.. nba and even nfl today is too damn cup cake of a sports.. lebron know that and he takes advantage of all these sissy touch fouls. sports today is about scoring and defense have to play with one hand tied to one leg. i see a lot of bad defensive calls, epecially the invisible fouls or mystery calls.. if lebron playvin jordans time, he will just be a good player. dude flops too much, way too much..

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The narrative is that Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever, but that's just it. I only started following the NBA seriously in 2014, but can tell you that I knew who MJ was because of how big a deal his brand was in the 90's. No NBA star past and present can even come close and compete with that. Which is exactly why he's put on a pedestal by pundits and people who claim to have watched him play. Lebron is the best of this generation, MJ was the best in his era. Only difference is; Lebron gets a strike on his resume for the decision, whilst the media forgets the kind of nutjob MJ was: gambling debts -- choosing to retire, twice, at his peak...

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    lol u cant compare the league today to jordans days.. jordan play in a physical era.. nba and even nfl today is too damn cup cake of a sports.. lebron know that and he takes advantage of all these sissy touch fouls. sports today is about scoring and defense have to play with one hand tied to one leg. i see a lot of bad defensive calls, epecially the invisible fouls or mystery calls.. if lebron playvin jordans time, he will just be a good player. dude flops too much, way too much..
    I agree that era was tougher, but to say lebron would just be a good player in that era? Think about it he is 6:8 260 pounds with guard handles, great passer and pretty much the fastest guy on the court. Imagine opposing guards from that era like stockton or gary payton or isiah thomas and joe dumars trting to guard lebron lol. He would have adapted to his environment/rules/style and still been the best and a top 5 of all time. Just like if jordan was born in a diff era he would adapt to his surroundings.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Hes a close 2nd, if he was to beat this warriors team again than i would for sure put him at 1

The Hat
    Washington

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    I agree that era was tougher, but to say lebron would just be a good player in that era? Think about it he is 6:8 260 pounds with guard handles, great passer and pretty much the fastest guy on the court. Imagine opposing guards from that era like stockton or gary payton or isiah thomas and joe dumars trting to guard lebron lol. He would have adapted to his environment/rules/style and still been the best and a top 5 of all time. Just like if jordan was born in a diff era he would adapt to his surroundings.
    First of all, LeBron does not have 'guard handles'.....secondly, Stockton, Payton nor Dumars would be guarding LeBron. They're guards. He's not.

LeBron however is the best passing forward I have ever seen. Incredible court vision.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

would have been amazing to see him play earlier, back when he would have been forced to be tougher. Watching him go against guys like Ewing and Barkley would have been great.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-06-17 at 09:47 AM.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Greatest ever but he hasn't won MVP since 2013?

First 123 Last