PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone see "the business of amateurs"/ college football slavery ?

This Documentary, I watched on Xfinity Steampix but found it on YouTube.
    So you guys that do not have Stream pix can watch it on you tube..

I already knew most of this since I know how the world works as only a few on top stepping on,crushing and destroying those just trying to survive on a smaller scale.so hopefully you'll understand.

Showing how the elites profit off of poverty&slavery once you sign their fine printed contract..
    I'm posting both the trailer and full documentary

You can both love your school and push it to do more for college athletes. "The Business of Amateurs" offers perspective on the NCAA through the lens of former college athletes, many whose futures were compromised by conflicts between their own interests and those of their universities

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

No I'll check out

you should check out Arian foster on joe rogan podcast they talk about it.

Still dont understand how kids say they are starving as actually not having anything to eat especially football players they have a training table cafeteria pass. They should get paid though not by boosters or alumni but above board.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Slavery my ass....they should interview every student that graduates and ask them about their student loan debts. These players make $45,000 - $55,000 a year tax free in tuition/housing/books/food, and even more than that if they stick around for graduate school and keep playing.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I have gone on record that the schools should not be responsible for paying the players other than their scholarship. I do believe that they should be allowed to market themselves through commercials and merchandise signings. Let them make money off their name and image. Not only does it solve the money issue, but it might make the sports even more noticeable (especially in basketball when a lot of star players just stay one year) by having the players names out there like that.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Slavery my ass....they should interview every student that graduates and ask them about their student loan debts. These players make $45,000 - $55,000 a year tax free in tuition/housing/books/food, and even more than that if they stick around for graduate school and keep playing.
    Ya but big money makes millions off these kids. They get exploited except for the big stars that are going to turn pro

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only if the team wins..
    You will see on documentary that California footbal team that lost most of it's games had 0% graduation rate with those who had Scholarships

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I kinda like that, but would go further. They should get paid from their merchandise being sold also perhaps and some of the money from ticket sales prob should get something from that too, or maybe uni provide some type fund thats available for them after grad or once player leaves school, small percentages ya know. Not sure how things should be done, but the benefits the school gets versus the collective athlete gets is just so unproportional imo. Just about every kid in college has dreams of the next level, pipe dreams, reality is they wont play past college, .001% will, older Ive gotten more ornery Ive gotten I guess lol. I kinda now think whats the real use of playing if there is no chance of playing pro somewhere even over seas or something, coulda just got a loan or grant and went to college. Sports takes away so much of your time, those kids are majoring in bs majors they mostly dont even care about, trying to take what they think is an easy degree, like education sciences or some weird names. Many dont graduate so it was almost a waste of time but the school benefits tremendously, whether they grad or not.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-18-17 at 02:52 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

If someone sells your name on a jersey you should get paid for that,only fair.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    If someone sells your name on a jersey you should get paid for that,only fair.
    Exactly.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If the school were to pay them anything, other than the scholarship, give them some installment for staying the full 4 years, and graduating with a 2.5 GPA or better. If someone drops out, does not make the required GPA, or leaves school early for the pros, then they forego that money.