alanadamisin
    alanadamisin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Live hockey bet

Hello guys...this is my first post. I placed a live hockey wager and the situation is as follows: Midway through the 3rd period.....Game is tied. Pre game dog (plus 300 on 3 way line) is +.5 (half goal) -285. I lay 1087 to win 400 on the dog plus a half goal, praying I could hold on 10 minutes for overtime. They did, and I was ecstatic because thats a huge bet for me. My team ended up losing in Overtime. The bet was graded as a loss. I followed the odds, both on my books live betting platform and also bet365 (where i follow all my action) and watched my wager get chalkier and chalkier as the end of regulation approached. It reached -500 and change before they took it off the board with a few minutes to play in regulation. Game makes it to OT, where my team loses. Bet graded a loser. Can you guys please give me your input on this?

alanadamisin

Anyone out there who is experienced with live betting lines who can give their 2 cents on my situation? It would be greatly appreciated

alanadamisin

How can a half goal proposition (on a big dog and laying big wood no less) be graded AFTER overtime? That isn't possible!

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I'd ask about it.

alanadamisin

They refunded my wager but refuse to pay the winnings of 400 dollars.

alanadamisin

What is your take on it, Nick?

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

what was there reasoning for refunding wager and not paying winnings?

alanadamisin

That live betting rules state overtime is included. Clearly a half goal spread is intended for regulation only. How can a pregame dog of plus 300 be forced to win outright to cash a -285 proposition? I mean its just crazy to me to even suggest that. I had to lay big wood on a sizable underdog for a very simple reason'-----make it to overtime and the half goal gives you a WINNER!

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Lucky to get money back. Your bet lost. If your team won or tied in ot the bet was a winner. That's why .5 had value in ot as well. Not like soccer where ot doesn't count

alanadamisin

TIE game. Big underdog has to win outright in order to cash a MINUS 285 proposition? Not in a million years. With each minute that went by, the "plus half goal" side got chalkier and chalkier, going all the way to over minus 500. It got chalkier as the end of regulation aproached because the plus half goal gives u a winner at the end of regulation. There is NO SUCH THING as a half goal in hockey of overtime is involved. Half goal=regulation only
    Last edited by alanadamisin; 01-29-17 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Read my post again. They didn't have to win. A tie at end of ot your bet won as well. Book was generous.

alanadamisin

Both the book in question AND bet365 took the wager off the board as soon as regulation ended. That line is clearly intended for regulation only. The bet literally disappeared from both sites at the final horn of regulation. There is a reason for that. There is no such thing as a tie in hockey, post over time.

alanadamisin

So explain why the proposition got insanely chalky at the end of regulation. With every minute that went by, it got chalker. It got OVER minus 500. A huge dog has to win outright in a tie game and u must lay over 500 to win 100?! You must be joking man

alanadamisin

It got to MINUS 500 because making it to overtime meant you had a winning bet

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

What does the ticket look like? Anything mentioned there if overtime counts or not?

alanadamisin

01:25:30 PM EST 100641306 $1082.27 $400.00 Tue May 03 2016 12:30: Finland vs USAHandicap: USA +0.5 -270.569

No, nothing. It is an old wager. I went away to rehab and couldn't follow up. Please dont judge based on how old the bet is. A winner is a winner god knows they take our money when we pick a loser. Finland was a big favorite in this game. I had USA PLUS half goal as the ticket confirms.

alanadamisin

I filed the claim, it did not get resolved satisfactorily, and i went to a treatment center where i did not have access to a phone or computer to continue with the follow up.

alanadamisin

There is no possible way a pregame dog of plus 300 can be involved in a tie game and expected to win outright to cash a MINUS 285 (which, closer to the end of regulation, went OVER minus 500) proposition. That bet got chalkier and chalkier for a simple reason-----OT=Winner

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Most books have different rules for live. As far as I know most hockey bets include overtime unless otherwise stated. You should have checked and made sure before hand. You Keep saying that such a big dog could no way be expected to win out but I think you are wrong. They were tied with minutes to go so basically forget the closing lines. Anyway, If they gave you your money back you made out.

alanadamisin

Dude. A huge dog is expected to win outright and you have to lay 500 to win a 100 to do so? You must be joking. Explain that to me. Why did the bet get EXTREMELY chalky as overtime approached?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Alan,

This is CLEARLY a regulation only bet and should have been paid in full....if it was in the NHL. As it was in international competition that allows ties, you needed to read their rules.

There is NO SUCH THING as a +/- .5 game in the NHL, but there is in that tournament.

I would be happy to have the original bet back. Not sure why they have it to you, actually. And yes, admittedly you got a shit line.

alanadamisin

Talk to any bet365 employee and i am sure they would refute what you are saying. If OT was included, that bet would not have been so volatile as the end of regulation approached.

alanadamisin

And you are right----there IS such a thing as plus or minus a half goal in that tournament. Half goal propositions are graded at the end of regulation! That is the ONLY way a half goal can be relevant!

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Again, that is not true. If a game can end up in a tie, a half goal is exceptionally relevant.

alanadamisin

The proposition disappeared from bet 365 and the book in question as soon as regulation ended. There is a reason for that----it was a regulation only bet.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by alanadamisin View Post
    There is no possible way a pregame dog of plus 300 can be involved in a tie game and expected to win outright to cash a MINUS 285 (which, closer to the end of regulation, went OVER minus 500) proposition. That bet got chalkier and chalkier for a simple reason-----OT=Winner
    How long is overtime? 5 minutes? The way you describe it as being -500 at the end of regulation I would assume that OT is included.

A tie game nearing the end of regulation for a regulation bet would be much juicier than -500, or more likely would not even be offered with so little time left.

alanadamisin

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/.../format-rules/

As u can see, NO TIES. All games decided by OT or shootout

MickeyMan

The proposition disappeared from bet 365 and the book in question as soon as regulation ended. There is a reason for that----it was a regulation only bet.
    They wouldn't be offering this bet all the way to the end of regulation if it was regulation only. It would be taken off the board with a little less than 5 minutes left.

alanadamisin

Mickeyman----it was taken off the board with about 4 mins to play. At that time it was over -500

alanadamisin

The score remained in tact with no betting lines offered at that point. When regulation ended, the game then disappeared from both sites completely

MickeyMan

Mickeyman----it was taken off the board with about 4 mins to play. At that time it was over -500
    Oh gotcha.

Yeah that would be regulation for sure then. Quite bizarre that they would refund the bet.

alanadamisin

They refunded the 1087 because they knew I was getting screwed. They just didnt want to pay me my winner. They also tried to lay blame on the "third party provider" that offers their live betting platform

BuckyOne

So, is this more about "bad line". How did the lines compare to 365 at the time of the bet? Was 365's bet offer regulation or was overtime included?

Did you scalp it with with somebody else and that bet lost so, the mirror side should have won?

alanadamisin

No sir. The line was perfect. It moved in lock step with bet365 line. The third party provider actually poaches bet365 lines. I have come to that iron clad conclusion over the months of using this platform----they only offer live props that are being carried by bet365....their prices are always identical, when bet365 temporarily takes a game off the board for 10 secomds here and there (like live bets do), this platform always mirrors what happens on bet365.

BuckyOne

There had to be other people with same bet as you. I can only wonder if they refunded everybody or if they mistakenly graded - 1/2 a winner to all those people? And they did not regrade those?

Did you make any bets earlier in the game at 365 on this offer where the ticket says regulation only?

At any rate, it is like being pregnant - you either are or are not - no maybes. Your bet either won or lost but a draw is impossible.

I am not sure how to prove or disprove your claim because we cannot see what they did with everybody else and there is no regulation. It so much smells like they are admitting some error on their part but not willing to take the full blame.

There is not much any of us in the population here can do to help you-maybe, write your story up to the complaint department of SBR. If you are beating this book for good money-collect most of it - keep beating - collect more and you are square. If they are up on you-maybe a power play - either grade me right or cash me in!

I wish you the best - been down that road and have become complacent to the fact that it is their game-their ball-and they hold our money and we trust them to be fair.

12 Last