dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Does Wladimir Klitschko have a chance against Anthony Joshua?

I don't follow boxing much but have seen highlights of this guy Joshua. Is he just fighting straight up bums or is he that good? If he's half as dominant as he looks in the highlights how would a 40 yr old Klitschko stand a chance?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Don't know much about boxing but I'd check to see how the guy fares when actually getting hit rather than highlights of him just pulverizing opponents. Wladimir can be beat but it's gonna require some shots taken to get in

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I don't follow boxing as much as I used to but yes Klitschko has a chance. This kid only has 18 fights and hasn't really fought anyone who is on that level.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Don't know much about boxing but I'd check to see how the guy fares when actually getting hit rather than highlights of him just pulverizing opponents. Wladimir can be beat but it's gonna require some shots taken to get in
    That's the only highlights there are

In 18 fights he has 18 KOs or TKOs

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

heavyweight division a joke with all the cancellations/postponements/injuries and assorted BS and just when things were getting exciting again

if everything is on the up and up then joshua by KO

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He actually looks like he has good hands and feet. He leans in a bit too much revealing his punches before they come; he also opens up when he is trying to finish his opponent off. Wladimir Klitschko should be able to take advantage of that.
    But, the young guy looks good and I might actually watch the fight. Not sure why Klitschko isn't fighting Fury again after losing to him.
    Last edited by eidolon; 01-19-17 at 04:46 AM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    He actually looks like he has good hands and feet. He leans in a bit too much revealing his punches before they come; he also opens up when he is trying to finish his opponent off. Wladimir Klitschko should be able to take advantage of that.
    But, the young guy looks good and I might actually watch the fight. Not sure why Klitschko isn't fighting Fury again after losing to him.
    Fury's cocaine and alcohol problems???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody even knows who these guys are

Boxing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo dead

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody even knows who these guys are

Boxing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo dead
    Right... 80,000 tickets have already been sold to Wembley, with permission being asked to London's mayor to let them go to 90...

Klitschko's inactivity will be his downfall. He also can't jab and clinch Joshua, who is as big and at least as strong as him, more explosive at this stage no doubt and we all know Wladimir has a glass jaw. It is going to be be nearly impossible for old man Klit to beat Joshua at home.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD