rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Is Mayfield Really Not Going to Make it as a Pro?

He seems like a cross between Flutie and Romo, maybe not quite the arm strength but has hit many deep balls this year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody a cant miss anymore

roll of the dice

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

His downside is the same as Jake Browning IMO -- All of his receivers are usually wide open. Credit to him for finding them, and making plays and extending plays with his legs and all, but he's a late-round upside guy IMO.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Reminds me of Chase Daniel from Missouri a few years back. He ended up being a capable backup and still gets some reps occasionally.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Johnny Football 2.0

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

put him in san diego

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

DeShaun Watson is overrated and overhyped as well..as is Kizer from Notre Dame...both of those guys rely too much on their legs and both of their passing game is erratic and inconsistent to say the least....but I'll tell you one QB who is the real deal...the ginger from USC...Sam Darnold...only a freshman and light years ahead of schedule in terms of reading defenses and QB IQ (i.e. maturity)...dude is straight up legit, accurate and has a gun for an arm....

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    DeShaun Watson is overrated and overhyped as well..as is Kizer from Notre Dame...both of those guys rely too much on their legs and both of their passing game is erratic and inconsistent to say the least....but I'll tell you one QB who is the real deal...the ginger from USC...Sam Darnold...only a freshman and light years ahead of schedule in terms of reading defenses and QB IQ (i.e. maturity)...dude is straight up legit, accurate and has a gun for an arm....
    Deshaun Watson will be a good pro. Not great. I see him being a Mariota type. Solid and steady with occasional big games. Darnold is good, but he may have already plateaued. You can't rattle Watson.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Sam Darnold is a fukking gangster, I've been saying this since week 7. Makes throws nobody else can make, period.

Having good mobility is a must nowadays as the statue QBs finally died off with Peyton's retirement. Don't be the guy who runs all the time, but be the guy who can move when the pocket collapses, which happens all the time now with all of the specialization and creative blitz packages nowadays in the NFL.

bettinJoe
    bettinJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Mayfield has no arm. Won't have an nfl career but maybe can steal a few paychecks

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Lol at Sam Darnold. Dude is another big slow stiff. He wouldn't look like that against a football factory like Alabama or Lsu. Here's the thing with all those dudes - when you play with other 5 star recruits like at Alabama, FSu, usc, lsu, Ohio st, or Oklahoma their production is over inflated because they're playing with other great players. If Sam Darnold is the real deal then there should be excuse for him not to make a playoff title game.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Sam Darnold is a fukking gangster, I've been saying this since week 7. Makes throws nobody else can make, period.

Having good mobility is a must nowadays as the statue QBs finally died off with Peyton's retirement. Don't be the guy who runs all the time, but be the guy who can move when the pocket collapses, which happens all the time now with all of the specialization and creative blitz packages nowadays in the NFL.
    Brady. Rodgers. Carr. Ryan. Stafford. Eli. These guys are pocket passers. None of their seasons are over (except for Carr, but you get the point). I wouldn't say any of them are a genuine threat to run. The league will always be about guys who can stand in the pocket, read the defense, and make the correct pass. Any team would draft the guy I described above with the first overall pick, statue or not. Having mobility is a bonus. Being a pocket passer is the job requirement.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Brady. Rodgers. Carr. Ryan. Stafford. Eli. These guys are pocket passers. None of their seasons are over (except for Carr, but you get the point). I wouldn't say any of them are a genuine threat to run. The league will always be about guys who can stand in the pocket, read the defense, and make the correct pass. Any team would draft the guy I described above with the first overall pick, statue or not. Having mobility is a bonus. Being a pocket passer is the job requirement.
    No doubt, true running QBs are a thing of the past now. What I was saying is that you have to have some mobility nowadays to create your own play. Even Brady has just enough of it, but the more you have, if you can use it right like Rodgers does for example, you can make it in the NFL.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Lol at Sam Darnold. Dude is another big slow stiff. He wouldn't look like that against a football factory like Alabama or Lsu. Here's the thing with all those dudes - when you play with other 5 star recruits like at Alabama, FSu, usc, lsu, Ohio st, or Oklahoma their production is over inflated because they're playing with other great players. If Sam Darnold is the real deal then there should be excuse for him not to make a playoff title game.
    If he started the first 3 games of the season, that might have happened.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Guy looks great against teams with no defense, then looks average to bad against good defenses. So, just like every Big 12 quarterback. Have to be ludicrous to draft a quarterback from the Big 12.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    His downside is the same as Jake Browning IMO -- All of his receivers are usually wide open. Credit to him for finding them, and making plays and extending plays with his legs and all, but he's a late-round upside guy IMO.
    Yes exactly. All he does is play pitch-and-catch. When he has to needle a ball in there and read a defense he'll look lost. However, he'll find a way on a roster as a backup I imagine.