sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Some select individuals (see: Kapernick, Rice, Peterson, etc) have turned some people off, but you need to articulate better with those kinds of specific examples... and not be an inarticulate dummy and say dumb, broad sweeping racially tinged shit just to troll and get a rise out of peeps. Simpletons express themselves that way. No doubt Johnny douchebag Manzeil turned some people off w/his assholery & domestic violence stuff, too. Cite specifics, don't be lazy and generalize. Facts are, vast majority of NFL players do far more good stuff than bad, with all kinds of charity work and actual time tangibly spent in their communities engaged in positive things. Of course, that never gets the attention... peeps love concentrating on the bad stuff. Last I saw the NFL was ~70% black players, so... with all the good work being done, that population would figure to have a large contribution to it. For every 1 asshole NFLer, there's 10 that are overall good citizens doing good things(Wilson, Jennings, Cam, etc.)
    This is very correct. MOST of the NFL guys are stand up solid citizens, family men, etc. The assholes get all the pub. Same goes for NBA

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    This is very correct. MOST of the NFL guys are stand up solid citizens, family men, etc. The assholes get all the pub. Same goes for NBA
    Exactly. That's why if jj had properly said: "Some think the actions of guys like Kap, Rice & Peterson have
    ruined the NFL."-- well, we could then debate degrees of harm/"ruin", but one couldn't really take issue with the Big Picture point being then made. Instead, jj wants to be an incendiary d-bag troll and purposely couches things in racial tones. D-bag trolls like Michael Moore & Ann Coulter do that kinda shit (left & right). He should be better than that, particularly as an SBR employee.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Who wins a pie eating contest between Michael Moore & our very own ttwarrior

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

technology I guess has killed viewership also

Palm of your hand you know everything instantly

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Exactly. That's why if jj had properly said: "Some think the actions of guys like Kap, Rice & Peterson have
    ruined the NFL."-- well, we could then debate degrees of harm/"ruin", but one couldn't really take issue with the Big Picture point being then made. Instead, jj wants to be an incendiary d-bag troll and purposely couches things in racial tones. D-bag trolls like Michael Moore & Ann Coulter do that kinda shit (left & right). He should be better than that, particularly as an SBR employee.
    WTF? I have no clue what you are talking about... seems you have some issue with JJ that the rest of the forum has no clue. Take that up on a PM or just let it go.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Who wins a pie eating contest between Michael Moore & our very own ttwarrior
    Moore wins the pie eating, but then tt lays down a double-or-nothing challenge and destroys him in the deep-throating contest to break even. (I'll spare the forum the oft posted .gif of tt's DT skills, as it's lunchtime and don't want any posters barfing and losing their nutrition.)

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please. Let's be real. Not "everyone" is dropping cable. There's zero chance a half-million fukkin people a month are switching over to fukkin Roku.

People are fukkin sick of ESPN's lib agenda. It's a fact. Also...Trump is the President. Another fact.

I know you libs are butt hurt over these unalienable facts. But you best get on board the Trump train. And no, we ain't stopping at any safe spaces.
    Zero chance? you can pay $10 or less a month and get NFL, NBA, NHL packages along with PPV events and more non sports channels than you knew were available. I don't care who the president is, once you experience that, there is zero chance you would ever sign up for cable again.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    Zero chance? you can pay $10 or less a month and get NFL, NBA, NHL packages along with PPV events and more non sports channels than you knew were available. I don't care who the president is, once you experience that, there is zero chance you would ever sign up for cable again.

What is the streaming solution of choice these days? Seriously I want to know. It seems to change every 3 weeks. I agree that the market is going away from cable to internet, but the process to get there is a freaking nightmare.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

WTF? I have no clue what you are talking about... seems you have some issue with JJ that the rest of the forum has no clue. Take that up on a PM or just let it go.
    Uh, can u read & comprehend? Go back and read thread(slowly if you have to in order to follow), and then hopefully realize you responded to my post that was in response to jj's. I then responded to yours. That's kinda how it works in a thread, ffs. I swear SBR should sell a read & comprehend book of some sort in the store... lots of peeps need it 'round here.

tunaguitar76

What is the streaming solution of choice these days? Seriously I want to know. It seems to change every 3 weeks. I agree that the market is going away from cable to internet, but the process to get there is a freaking nightmare.
    The easiest way is probably buy a $40 amazon fire stick, load a free program called Kodi onto it and then subscribe to a iptv service. It takes a little bit of technical know how but not a whole lot. If you can read and follow instructions, it's by far the way to go.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The lib Jews that run ESPN tried to cater to the queer uber libtard crowd thinking that Hillary would win and they would rule the world. They failed to see that most people who watch sports are middle-aged white conservatives that aren't fans of Colin Kapernicks dumbass and don't care to see Michael Sam's gay ass making out with his boyfriend while watching the draft with their kids.

ESPN's demise all part of Making America Great Again. God speed President Trump
    a small editorial note: ttwarrior did like Sam at the combine:

hey! fuk roger goodell..... blocking this site from running these videos.... this homo isn't even in the league anymore....

here ttitty.... go get your hand lotion and click this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ezE7QTk2o
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 11-30-16 at 11:42 AM.

sportsfan9698

The easiest way is probably buy a $40 amazon fire stick, load a free program called Kodi onto it and then subscribe to a iptv service. It takes a little bit of technical know how but not a whole lot. If you can read and follow instructions, it's by far the way to go.

Okay thanks for that. But I will stand pat for now. I used to have a HUGE cable package of everything HD and DVR and such. $200/mo. Then I decided fuk that, I scaled back totally and now have plenty of what I want + 30mbs internet for $45/mo - I am very happy with that.

My brother is a bit like you. He hates the cable companies, and will do everything he can to avoid paying a single dollar. He has shitty wireless internet in the city of ATL, sometimes works, sometimes not. He has OTA networks, and a bunch of streaming apps... it's impossible to find what you want or change channels.

I'm old school. I like to flip channels. I will convert when the market settles and gets user friendly

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Does that mean I won't have to see chris berman anymore . Thank you jesus
    He is gone regardless. Espn wasn't going to re-up his contract after this year so he's retiring.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

You don't need to subscribe to an IPTV service either, if you know where to look. Thousands of people are cutting the cable cord every month. You go over to a friends house and they most likely have a streaming device on their TV. I still pay for cable and I pay for every boxing/UFC PPV event because I want to support what I like to watch. But the NFL and even college NCAAF has become almost unwatchable to me with all the fukking pass interference calls. The refs totally control the game and it's frustrating to watch a play and then have to wait 5 seconds to see if there will be a phantom flag.

Plus do not discount how many people use their phones/tablets to communicate. Most people are online chatting, texting, sexting, etc., instead of watching some shitty talk show. Netflix is also kicking ass, where people can just watch shit on demand as well. This is a wide open market and all the cable operators are scrambling for content and subscribers.

tunaguitar76

Okay thanks for that. But I will stand pat for now. I used to have a HUGE cable package of everything HD and DVR and such. $200/mo. Then I decided fuk that, I scaled back totally and now have plenty of what I want + 30mbs internet for $45/mo - I am very happy with that.
    My brother is a bit like you. He hates the cable companies, and will do everything he can to avoid paying a single dollar. He has shitty wireless internet in the city of ATL, sometimes works, sometimes not. He has OTA networks, and a bunch of streaming apps... it's impossible to find what you want or change channels.

I'm old school. I like to flip channels. I will convert when the market settles and gets user friendly
    I don't hate the cable companies, I get my internet from one. You may want to look into it, it's pretty user friendly these days. The TV guide apps can be buggy at times but otherwise you press a button and it lists the channels and what's currently on. My girl wouldn't let me drop cable til I could prove that when one of her shows was on, it would work. It has it's draw backs of course. Like, when she wants to watch a show on the food network, there is now 5 food networks to choose from instead of just one, ugh

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

The lib Jews that run ESPN tried to cater to the queer uber libtard crowd thinking that Hillary would win and they would rule the world. They failed to see that most people who watch sports are middle-aged white conservatives that aren't fans of Colin Kapernicks dumbass and don't care to see Michael Sam's gay ass making out with his boyfriend while watching the draft with their kids.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    He is gone regardless. Espn wasn't going to re-up his contract after this year so he's retiring.
    Who's the boomers sb pick this year tell me it's not the ravens again

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

Shit like this below will soon kill cable companies like Comcast too. This is a pretty awesome deal... You can even get a streaming device thrown in.

DirecTV Now: 3-Months of 100+ Channel Streaming + 32GB Apple TV $105
    DirecTV Now.com offers 3-Months of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) for $105 ($35 per month). Thanks manjeetsc

Alternatively, they offer 1-Month of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus Amazon Fire TV Stick for $35 ($35 per month). Thanks brett_lindsey [Discuss]

Note, you must prepay for 3-months to receive a free 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) device.
    1. Click this link here to redeem & stream
      • Otherwise, sign-up here and download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play

DirecTV Now will be available at launch through the following:
    • Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
    • Android mobile devices and tablets
    • iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
    • Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
    • Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
    • Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

how is the picture quality with iptv? use firstrow on Kodi sometimes gets difficult and picture quality is so so TIA

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

the middle aged conservatives aren't the ones cutting the cord though. you sound completely clueless. I haven't heard of anyone saying, "colin is protesting and mike sam is gay.. That's it I'm cutting Espn..". People are tired of 100-200 dollar cable bills every month. Nobody was getting rid of Espn before these other options became available. You seem to be trying too hard to fit in pal.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by smittyallsports View Post
    the middle aged conservatives aren't the ones cutting the cord though. you sound completely clueless. I haven't heard of anyone saying, "colin is protesting and mike sam is gay.. That's it I'm cutting Espn..". People are tired of 100-200 dollar cable bills every month. Nobody was getting rid of Espn before these other options became available. You seem to be trying too hard to fit in pal.
    Another wise-ass millennial telling us what is up

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Another wise-ass millennial telling us what is up
    fukk is a millennial? I am 40.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Only complete idiots watch ESPN programming other than SportsCenter. They just get higher ratings than running game re-runs because SBR idiots will actually watch it. ESPN is dependent on games. People are ditching cable at a very high rate. I don't even have it anymore. You can just get Sling and watch ESPN and FS1 for $20 per month. There is nothing to watch on TV anymore. It is complete idiot TV. Rates keep going up and people keep cutting. It is in a death spiral.

Pretty soon your TV and internet are all going to be the same thing. Internet rates now going up since people are ditching cable since the cable companies run the internet.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11869

All comes down to pricing and technology. Cable is an outdated medium. I watch like 5 channels yet have to pay for 200+ no thanks

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by smittyallsports View Post
    Smitty….if you haven't heard that people are sick of having libtard shit shoved down their throat…then you're pretty much a dumbfukk, pal.

Do you honestly think that Kap and his band of idiots kneeling during the anthem has zero to do with the NFl's popularity waning? If not, then you seem pretty fukkin clueless again.

Also….save up a hundy and go Pro. Maybe then someone will give a fukk what you think

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Opie trying to turn a technological movement and turn it political

Only at SBR!

Buffalo Nickle

90% of the people that ESPN is losing are people that don't watch ESPN. Everybody is required to be an ESPN subscriber so every time someone ditches cable, it is a lost ESPN subscriber. Ratings for all ESPN programming is minimal when a game is not on. It is just cheap time filler.

Crappy QBs is the reason NFL ratings are down. NFL teams can barely score 13 points despite attempts at outlawing the sack and throwing the ball 50 times a game. It stinks. Dak Prescott is actually an above average NFL QB.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Opie trying to turn a technological movement and turn it political

Only at SBR!
    Notice all the libtards are the ones up in arms over this

Look homo….THIS IS HAPPENING. TRUMP IS PRESIDENT. ESPN AND ALL YOUR OTHER QUEER, LIBTARD PROGRAMMING IS BEING SHUT DOWN.

We normal Americans don't want to have to explain to our children why you and your millennial boyfriend were making out during the fukkin football game we were trying to watch. No matter how much you want us too!!

Sorry, Stealth. Now take your man bun wearing ass to your safe space for todays therapy sesh.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Buffalo Nickle

Reality is all the kids want to do is look at their phone and play video games. If they watch the game, they will watch it on the phone. ESPN and Fox News watchers are being buried one at a time. Cable TV will probably not exist in 10 years.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Reality is all the kids want to do is look at their phone and play video games. If they watch the game, they will watch it on the phone. ESPN and Fox News watchers are being buried one at a time. Cable TV will probably not exist in 10 years.

Yea okay... are you done now?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Notice all the libtards are the ones up in arms over this

Look homo….THIS IS HAPPENING. TRUMP IS PRESIDENT. ESPN AND ALL YOUR OTHER QUEER, LIBTARD PROGRAMMING IS BEING SHUT DOWN.

We normal Americans don't want to have to explain to our children why you and your millennial boyfriend were making out during the fukkin football game we were trying to watch. No matter how much you want us too!!

Sorry, Stealth. Now take your man bun wearing ass to your safe space for todays therapy sesh.
    You still have trouble explaining homosexuality? Sweet jeesuz you're a tool. Frankly I don't care for your bigotry on that matter given that I have in laws, friends etc who are apart of the lgbtq community. And I'm more than comfortable engaging them on a human level. I am also comforted by the fact, though, your daughter will not be closed minded despite growing up with you. That's when you know someone is truly a good person.

opie1988

You still have trouble explaining homosexuality? Sweet jeesuz you're a tool. Frankly I don't care for your bigotry on that matter given that I have in laws, friends etc who are apart of the lgbtq community. And I'm more than comfortable engaging them on a human level. I am also comforted by the fact, though, your daughter will not be closed minded despite growing up with you. That's when you know someone is truly a good person.
    Hey...suck all the dikk you want, bro. I'd just rather not see it.

And yeah, in my house, we choose traditional gender roles. You can have keep your "2 daddies" arrangement.

My daughter know how a jigsaw puzzle goes together.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I bought opie & stealthy were friends. With friends like that who needs enemies

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I bought opie & stealthy were friends. With friends like that who needs enemies
    We are. Stealth is my boy.

Also my only Mexican LGBT friend
    Points Awarded:

stealthyburrito gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

sportsfan9698

My brother is gay as they come, and a great guy. But I totally get what Opie is saying. The PC crap is an attempt to brainwash folks. ESPN hires Dennis Miller to be edgy and when he is edgy they fire him. ESPN hires Rush to have controversial opinions, when he does that, they fire him. ESPN hires Hank Jr for his popularity and song, when he breathes a word about Obama, they fire him. But they are okay with Keith Olberman cuz he thinks like a libtard. Now there is nothing but hipster fags and women from each nationality as it should be... not an ounce of testosterone left.

First 123 Last