TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StatePenn View Post
    My financial advisor has told all of his clients to pull out of the market if Trump is elected.
    You need a new manager then. Election outcomes from institutional investors are being baked in this week. The dip just after Tuesday will be a great time to buy on the cheap, not pull out.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    the winner of florida will win the election and its so tight there we might have Chads again. will be a disaster, close elections always are.
    Puerto Ricans will give Florida to Hillary. I've heard several people mention the Clinton ground people rounding up all of the Puerto Ricans who fled the island due to the debt crisis there and land in Florida. They are bringing those votes to the Democrats.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Puerto Ricans will give Florida to Hillary. I've heard several people mention the Clinton ground people rounding up all of the Puerto Ricans who fled the island due to the debt crisis there and land in Florida. They are bringing those votes to the Democrats.
    Florida has nearly 1/2 the Haitians in the US too. Ask a Haitian how they feel about Hillary Clinton sometime.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

You need a new manager then. Election outcomes from institutional investors are being baked in this week. The dip just after Tuesday will be a great time to buy on the cheap, not pull out.
    How is it baked in if the result is apparently uncertain. Market has baked in 70% likelihood of Hillary win. If she does win, 1-2% relief rally. If she loses, 4-5% tumble.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

the winner of florida will win the election and its so tight there we might have Chads again. will be a disaster, close elections always are.
    It looks like Hillary lost about 3 or 4 points over the weekend, pushing almost all the swing states in Trumps favor.
    I think its to the point that Colorado is a borderline swing state, and if Trump wins that state, I think he will win the presidency.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How is it baked in if the result is apparently uncertain. Market has baked in 70% likelihood of Hillary win. If she does win, 1-2% relief rally. If she loses, 4-5% tumble.

Get ready to tumble then baby. Trump is a lock

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I've been considering picking up Trump in Florida. I'm thinking the narrative will be that a lot of people will come out to vote that aren't being reflected in any numbers. And they will be for Trump.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I've been considering picking up Trump in Florida. I'm thinking the narrative will be that a lot of people will come out to vote that aren't being reflected in any numbers. And they will be for Trump.
    If you think Trumps wins, you might as well bet Fla. Obviously he can't win without it.

TheSideBet

There have been shifts correlated to polling in recent weeks. I'm not saying it's all due to her recent downtrend but considering her overlords on Wall Street and other factors you can see the signs. And of course if there is a major power shift with a Trump win, money will be moved around because things will change in many ways, companies who used government gifts and sectors that favor a Hillary win verses those that would like a Trump administration. Variables man, variables. I don't see a death spiral like some are saying but definitely a week or so of volatility while it works itself out.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

If you think Trumps wins, you might as well bet Fla. Obviously he can't win without it.
    I agree. In fact, I already have Trump and can sell back for profit at these lines.

But I'm thinking about pressing. I'm not totally convinced, even yet, that Trump is who they say he is. After all, if he was, they would have attempted more Ron Paul treatment.

Getting Hillary out would go a long way towards convincing people that the corruption in government is gone. And the people would eat it up.

There's just too much dog wagging this campaign season and I'm just not that trusting.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

you are entertaining I must say.

MAGA!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Hillary's line is dropping daily and I've bought Trump early and on the way down. It's seems like this last week will bring nothing or can only go bad for Hillary. And that is being reflected in the markets. She may remain favored, but that line had dropped enough to trade out of Trump. Even so, that extra Hillary pressure wasn't enough to hold the line.

I think I will hold until Hillary drops a bit more, or at least wait it out a bit more.

No matter what gets sold back, I will still own some sort of Trump position somewhere.

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

This is the truth Florida is the big state and I live in palm beach county and over the last 3 weeks I have seen trump signs everywhere. I work in Miami and have been seeing more and more there to. Lots of latinas are switching to him. My wife is Colombian and her and all her family are voting for him. I can't stand either one but I think he is going to win Florida pretty easily

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1695

Trump leading in Florida

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I nibbled at it a bit, I think that line will move. I took -110 for Republican to win Florida.

While typing this post it immediately moved back to Rep -120/Dem -110. Probably not much action on it. I already saw it move from that line to Dem-120/Rep -110 earlier this week. Just moved it back...lol.

I think Trump wins by more in Florida than is going to be expected.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

you are entertaining I must say.

MAGA!
    You think Trump can get to 270 without winning Florida?

DwightShrute

You think Trump can get to 270 without winning Florida?
    you think he will lose Florida? No way Jose.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

you think he will lose Florida? No way Jose.

I think Florida is a coinflip.

But that wasn't what we were discussing. I was simply saying that Florida is a must-win for Trump and then you mocked me for saying that. I was trying to ascertain whether you actually think Trump can win while losing Florida. It seemed like you were claiming that, but it's hard to tell with you. You're all over the map, literally.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree, markets say Florida is a flip, mine had an edge to Dems, but now it switched to Rep, but still a flip with some vig.

But I think there will be a surprise next week, and Florida won't be as close as it sounds. I think for the line to go in the direction of Dem is not likely and hopefully it won't remain a surprise and we see a move to Rep in the betting line. I'll take some profit there too...lol.

DwightShrute

I think Florida is a coinflip.

But that wasn't what we were discussing. I was simply saying that Florida is a must-win for Trump and then you mocked me for saying that. I was trying to ascertain whether you actually think Trump can win while losing Florida. It seemed like you were claiming that, but it's hard to tell with you. You're all over the map, literally.
    I wouldn't say I was necessarily mocking you. More like making fun of you and teasing you in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I wouldn't say I was necessarily mocking you. More like making fun of you and teasing you in a scornful or contemptuous manner.
    Just like how Donald Trump says racist things but is not a racist, eh?

And you still didn't answer the question of whether Trump can win the election without winning Florida. Given your scorn and contempt for my claim that he can't, coupled with your non-response, I will assume that means you do think he can win without Florida.

DwightShrute

Just like how Donald Trump says racist things but is not a racist, eh?

And you still didn't answer the question of whether Trump can win the election without winning Florida. Given your scorn and contempt for my claim that he can't, coupled with your non-response, I will assume that means you do think he can win without Florida.
    ya dude. We have been saying he has to win Florida for 15 months. That's why I answered it the way I did. Is it possible he wins without Florida, sure. depending on what else happens but it would be very difficult.

Better? Ya happy? Are ya?

TheSideBet

Did you notice the money bump within minutes of the FBI shift yesterday? Futures are up strong today and all happened parallel to the Hillary news. She's with the banks and they know it. A vote for her is a vote for Goldman.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you notice the money bump within minutes of the FBI shift yesterday? Futures are up strong today and all happened parallel to the Hillary news. She's with the banks and they know it. A vote for her is a vote for Goldman.
    She's good for the economy and for the stock market. I'm good with that. Market today was definitely a Hillary relief rally. Market has a Hillary win baked in. If Trump somehow wins now the market will tumble 7-8%.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Vanilla Trump trump baby

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Florida has nearly 1/2 the Haitians in the US too. Ask a Haitian how they feel about Hillary Clinton sometime.
    Are you kidding me??? Haitians overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Yes, they hate Hillary but when they go to the polls, they will tow the party line. It won't be close.

Mac4Lyfe

She's good for the economy and for the stock market. I'm good with that. Market today was definitely a Hillary relief rally. Market has a Hillary win baked in. If Trump somehow wins now the market will tumble 7-8%.
    Excellent day in the market. Huge day actually.

My broker gave me several plays last week in case Trump won. It's not looking real well for him at the moment but I'm still looking to make a couple hedge plays just in case.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Excellent day in the market. Huge day actually.

My broker gave me several plays last week in case Trump won. It's not looking real well for him at the moment but I'm still looking to make a couple hedge plays just in case.
    Tomorrow could be volatile Won't really know much by 4pm, but market could overreact to any little gossip.

Mac4Lyfe

Tomorrow could be volatile Won't really know much by 4pm, but market could overreact to any little gossip.
    Oh, it's going to open down as folks will take any profits they can get. It will most likely give up most of the gains today. If Hillary wins, the market will go back up over the next week, then level off a bit then go up again into the holidays. If Trump wins, expect at least a 10% correction immediately and a down market going into the holidays. Things will pick back up after the holidays.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

The polls show Hillary should win by 3 points.
    Something to look at is that 18 million people voted in the GOP primaries in 2008 and 2012, but there were 30 million this year; the DNC had the same amount of voters this year as 2008.

I'm in California, so my vote doesn't matter; 2/3 of the state vote Democrat. But I will be voting 3rd party, not because I think Johnson or Stein will win, but because if they get 5% in voting, they will receive federal funding, and a 3 party system is 100 times better than a 2 party system.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave eidolon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheSideBet

Sure hope that guy listened.

First 12