Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

Thanks Buck, glad we took the Jays RL. Checks in the mail for you're share👍
    Last edited by Underdog5229; 10-04-16 at 11:14 PM.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    He was trying to stretch the bullpen one more inning, so his left-handed ace didn't have to face three right-handers. He gambled, and it lost. It wasn't done for television ratings or anything. It was bad managing, which has happened countless times over history, and will in the future.
    That is logical but how does he not then bring him in after Ubaldo gives up two rocket singles? 1st and 3rd, 1 out, don't you then go down with your ace? If you're buck don't you want to at least throw your best at their best? You can't lose with ubaldo there

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    That is logical but how does he not then bring him in after Ubaldo gives up two rocket singles? 1st and 3rd, 1 out, don't you then go down with your ace? If you're buck don't you want to at least throw your best at their best? You can't lose with ubaldo there
    I think there were no outs at that point. I'm not sure why he didn't walk Encarnacion, that made no sense to me. I agree that Britton should have been out there to try to salvage the inning/game/season. It would be pretty embarrassing if they didn't have him ready to come in.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

I think there were no outs at that point. .
    Nope

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6183

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1202668883/a...-homer-in-11th

Ualdo served up a pie down the middle

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Being a manager in baseball is the most retarded job. Name another sport where the fans have managing suggestions?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

He was trying to stretch the bullpen one more inning, so his left-handed ace didn't have to face three right-handers. He gambled, and it lost. It wasn't done for television ratings or anything. It was bad managing, which has happened countless times over history, and will in the future.
    Believe what you want. Duesing handle the first batter fine and didn't need to bring in ubaldo period. You don't bring in a starter who struggles every first or second inning in his starts in a do or die situation. You believe in the purity of it if you want because that's not a gamble what he did it's pure stupidity and no one is that dumb.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Believe what you want. Duesing handle the first batter fine and didn't need to bring in ubaldo period. You don't bring in a starter who struggles every first or second inning in his starts in a do or die situation. You believe in the purity of it if you want because that's not a gamble what he did it's pure stupidity and no one is that dumb.
    So, you believe they battled all season to make the playoffs, went deep into extra innings - only to purposely blow their season? We were just watching four hours of wrestling tonight? Okay, no need to continue on with this level of paranoia. Good luck to you.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

I don't know if walking Edwin is the call there? Edwin, Bautista and Martin are the three guys in that line up that are going to K trying to hammer that ball outta the infield (Jays don't play small ball) I don't want to bring Tulo up.

That was a poor play in LF also, I'm not sure Travis was heading to third without that bobble then that changes Edwins at bat possibly.

*Forgot Duensing already had the first out so that makes my point useless, hell I don't know I'd still pitch at EE.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 10-05-16 at 12:00 AM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

This is almost as bad as the Seahawks not handing off to Marshan Lynch in the SB.
    Much worse

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He's a good manager they lost in overtime in a great game

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I get why he did what he did...

Still an idiot given how shaky Jays bullpen is outside of Osuna or Benoit who is on crutches lol.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog5229 View Post
    Thanks Buck, glad we took the Jays RL. Checks in the mail for you're share
    Buck not only took the Jays. He took -1.5 and even took -2.5. Buck knew Ubaldo was his only chance to cash.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Ubaldo Jimenez
    Birthdate: 1/22/1984 (32 y, 8 m, 13 d) Bats/Throws: R/R Height/Weight: 6-4/200 Position: P
    Contract: $50M / 4 Years (2014 - 2017)

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Once they brought in Jizminez I knew they were screwed.

After the first base hit I thought for sure hes done, after the 2nd ok no doubt they go to Britton with the season on the line... Unreal managing here

But you also have to blame the Bal bats for going completely cold in a must win game. 4 hits in 11 innings in this ball park is pathetic.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Buck not only took the Jays. He took -1.5 and even took -2.5. Buck knew Ubaldo was his only chance to cash.
    yup, as soon as he left him in there after the first 2 hits, I was confident jays where going to win. but when Edwin came up to bat I knew my only chance to cash my jays -1.5 run line bet was a deep ball, and boy did he come through.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Once they brought in Jizminez I knew they were screwed.

After the first base hit I thought for sure hes done, after the 2nd ok no doubt they go to Britton with the season on the line... Unreal managing here

But you also have to blame the Bal bats for going completely cold in a must win game. 4 hits in 11 innings in this ball park is pathetic.
    Sums it up well, O's had no business winning this game anyway. Apart from the Trumbo shot that snuck over the wall there was nothing, I can only recall an infield single after that where as the Jays kept double playing themselves out of innings. Pillar robbed a double but Bourne and Jones did similar.

Jays are going to get rolled by Texas though. Haven't heard if Osuna is hurt I'd hate to see old man Grilli closing out games now. If they do get through that I think they'll make the WS though.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Would any manager use ther closer in xtras ?

what do u guys want from show alter

balty had ther chances and failed

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

This is almost as bad as the Seahawks not handing off to Marshan Lynch in the SB.
    This is true

goduke

So, you believe they battled all season to make the playoffs, went deep into extra innings - only to purposely blow their season? We were just watching four hours of wrestling tonight? Okay, no need to continue on with this level of paranoia. Good luck to you.
    No not they just buck. I think the teams actually played everything straight up and buck set them up to fail. And to me I believe he did it on purpose. Who knows why but that kind of decision just is to stupid for me to believe it was just a gamble

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Jays bats need to wake up if they want to compete with texas, they have enough pitching to keep texas close.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Why in the world would you ever throw EE a fuucking fastball? Guy sits dead red every time. I'd throw that fuucker every offspeed pitch in the world. You wanna bring the heat it better be at least a foot outside the K zone

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29

jimenez pitched good in game before
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap/_/id/360929114

cwnotorious

Cheeks i miss ur old avatar! I guess it was just time to moove on... Dammit i hate change

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Jays bats need to wake up if they want to compete with texas, they have enough pitching to keep texas close.
    OVER will prolly hit in the series more often than not..prolly square as hell....as to why I never bet baseball

Lots of 3-2 finals

cwnotorious

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    OVER will prolly hit in the series more often than not..prolly square as hell....as to why I never bet baseball

Lots of 3-2 finals
    Over could be a nice look in spots, both teams capable of blowing up in one inning. I guess their is no need to dabble into mlb when you destroy soccer! Keep doing ur thing doggy u already knowwww

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6149

Grady you can rest easy now. Your actions have been replaced for the biggest idiotic move by a manager. This will be Buck's legacy...and he deserves it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Manage 162 games to get your team to a one game playoff and forget to use your best pitcher in extra innings.

He should resign. No need to wait to be fired. It's like scoring an own goal in soccer.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I have been steaming on this all day. I would say can him but the O's haven't been shit for decades without him.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Forget Britton there were other arms Showalter could have used. Jiminez shouldnt have been on the roster. Only thing that makes sense is Showalter bet TOR and the runline.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Forget Britton there were other arms Showalter could have used. Jiminez shouldnt have been on the roster. Only thing that makes sense is Showalter bet TOR and the runline.
    Yes...the fix was done perfectly! O'Day came in to get the first out so it didn't appear fixed. Then bring in ubaldo to throw a couple meatballs for base hits, because if he walked them it would appear fixed too...that sets up 2 chances for a Homer to win 5-2. Because if he just let 1 guy get on base then gave up the Homer, winning 4-2 would be too obvious that it was fixed, so 5-2 seemed more nonchalant...this fix was done to perfection. Now let me ask you this...have you ever lost a wager that wasn't fixed? BOL to you...

goduke

Yes...the fix was done perfectly! O'Day came in to get the first out so it didn't appear fixed. Then bring in ubaldo to throw a couple meatballs for base hits, because if he walked them it would appear fixed too...that sets up 2 chances for a Homer to win 5-2. Because if he just let 1 guy get on base then gave up the Homer, winning 4-2 would be too obvious that it was fixed, so 5-2 seemed more nonchalant...this fix was done to perfection. Now let me ask you this...have you ever lost a wager that wasn't fixed? BOL to you...
    Well seeing as how you don't even know what pitcher came in before ubaldo means your comments have been disregarded

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'd take Showalter over Brad Assmus anyday.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Well seeing as how you don't even know what pitcher came in before ubaldo means your comments have been disregarded
    That was actually the least relevant part of the post. It could have been O'Day, Dunsueng, or goduke pitching for that first out. All irrelevant.

goduke

That was actually the least relevant part of the post. It could have been O'Day, Dunsueng, or goduke pitching for that first out. All irrelevant.
    It means you weren't watching the game so how can you even offer an opinion because if you were naming the pitcher would be easy.

First 123 Last