Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Did the Browns fire those analytics guys who told them not to take Wentz?

I'd be pissed if I were a Browns fan.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Fire them? They probably gave them a raise..lol

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I'd be pissed if I were a Browns fan.
    No! This is the Browns so they fired the guys that wanted Wentz....lol. The "I told you so's" would've hurt too much

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Browns fans are used to it...top selling jersey is still 19 for Bernie Kosar

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

How do the rams feel? At least the browns have som future picks to show for it

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Browns fan here. I'm sick to my stomach seeing Wentz shit all over us and today he bitch slapped our most hated rival in Pittsburgh. We are very use to seeing guys who we had or should have had go on to win Superbowls, Cy Youngs, MVPs etc. This is the team that fired the best football coach in the NFL in Belichick. This is the franchise that had to leave Cleveland in order to win a Superbowl in Baltimore.

We're all excited about our Cav's finally getting the monkey off the cities back BUT this city was built on football. We are a football city. We came into the NFL winning titles. We were in 9 straight title games in the mid 40's/50's. We won 7. We won our last title in 1964 before the NFL started calling them Superbowls. We went to 3 AFC Championship games in the 80's but lost each one in epic heart breaking fashion. The team moved in 95 and returned in 99 where we have been horseshit ever since.

One day, this organization is going to get it right. One day this team will hoist a trophy. 1 Superbowl in Cleveland will be worth a dozen somewhere else. We are patient.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

Macker how old were you when the Browns went to 9 straight title games?

Also, Baltimore has won 2 Super Bowls fyi

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wentz might not be playing the same if he was on the Browns.

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 842

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Fire them? They probably gave them a raise..lol
    good1

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

Fyi....3 SBs.....lol

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Fyi....3 SBs.....lol

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

My great uncle, uncle, and several cousins were season ticket holder through those years. My parents moved to Cleveland in 1958. My dad was a CPA that did most of the taxes for Browns, Indians then later Cavaliers players. We were season ticket holders until we moved to Florida in 1986.

Baltimore's first Superbowl was much more heartbreaking than the 2nd. The first one came basically a year after we got our Browns back, so it really stung to see Modell hoist the trophy with basically Browns players. Ironically, Modell moved the team because he wanted a new stadium and he had money trouble, well he eventually had to sell the Baltimore team because he still had money issues.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Paul DePodesta is a modern day John Dilenger

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19199

Browns would have screwed up Wentz.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    this...

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I would hire their analytic team in a heartbeat, whatever they recommend, just do the opposite. On draft day, if they really like a player, then you know to pass on them and if they don't like a player, then you take him, he'll probably end up a ProBowl caliber player.

They're recent failure rate has been near 100%, so doing the reverse would give you a near 100% success rate. Those Browns analytic guys are gold, just gotta know how to use the information!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Wentz looks solid so far but 3 games is not a great sample size. I'm sure plenty of other teams weren't sold on the kid either.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    No, they wouldn't of. The fact the Browns didn't select him proves it.

Think of it as Schrodinger's cat.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I called it from day one. The Browns have no luck with QBs. That moment they basically traded the rights to Wentz, you knew he would be a stud. I thought he would be anyway, but happy for him to not be stuck in Cleveland.

Then Cleveland takes Kessler? Over Dak, or Connor Cook. Cook should have been the pick, IMO. It doesn't help that their system sucks all around.

You can tell Pryor wishes he wasn't stuck there. I feel bad for the fans, they deserve better. Pick up a bum kicker who misses the winner. 3-6, back to the streets Parkey.

Kessler wasn't terrible though. They didn't le him throw from what I saw. Still, Cleveland is a curse for QBs, or something.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 09-26-16 at 04:09 AM.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Wentz looks solid so far but 3 games is not a great sample size. I'm sure plenty of other teams weren't sold on the kid either.
    Three games, but I think it was obvious from the start how good he will be. Very intelligent, tall, strong arm, and mobile. He's gonna be a stud for years, barring unfortunate injuries, or whatnot.

You can just tell this kid has it. So calm, and not afraid. With his size, and experience, even though it wasn't FBS, he is poised to be great.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Three games, but I think it was obvious from the start how good he will be. Very intelligent, tall, strong arm, and mobile. He's gonna be a stud for years, barring unfortunate injuries, or whatnot.

You can just tell this kid has it. So calm, and not afraid. With his size, and experience, even though it wasn't FBS, he is poised to be great.
    I hope he is going to be great. League needs more real stars at the qb position. Now Philly management needs to surround him with equal talent.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I hope he is going to be great. League needs more real stars at the qb position. Now Philly management needs to surround him with equal talent.
    Absolutely. He fell into a great spot, with a HC that is great with developing QBs. He probably wouldn't be doing this in Cleveland right now, but eventually I think he would have. Helps they drafted a ton of WRs there in Cleveland.

Anyway, Philly has some skill players around him, but need to add one or two more. They run a good system, with solid TEs, WRs, and RBs. The next two drafts will be huge for Philly. Along with free agency. They need to add a bit more talent at WR. They can focus on the trenches, and secondary though. A lot of talent on the OLine, and defense.

Sproles is getting older, but still doing work. I'm not a fan, but the Eagles actually may win a damn SB with this kid. If management pulls the right strings, they will be good for a while. Barring injuries, of course.

It's hard to root for Philly after the way they treated my man McNabb. Plus, the city is.....well, I won't even go there. But, I'm rooting for Wentz. He's the real deal. He just dominated the Steelers in his 3rd game, and their D held them to damn near nothing. They have the coach, QB, defense, and offense to get it done really.