KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    It's funny how it's OK for an American athlete to have a medical exemption for, unlike meldonium, already proven steroids, but not the Russian one...don't you think?
    I agree, but there is likely a reason.

Has any athlete tried for a medical exemption for meldonium? As far as I can tell, anything it helps can be obtained with legal substances.

Medical exemptions don't apply to every substance, especially known performance enhancers, there has to be a medical designation.

Meldonium does not have such designations. Like you said, it's a supplement...with no medical use. Sharapova took it for something, but did she need to?

For example, it is difficult to get the same results as you can with some of those coritcosteroids with any other drugs. Often, such steroid treatment is down the list, after others are tried.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I agree, but there is likely a reason.

Has any athlete tried for a medical exemption for meldonium?
    Yes Sharapova had a prescription for it for the past 10 years. But because this supplement is so new to WADA, they don't know what to do with it, except entirely banning it for now.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It doesn't matter what kind of steroids those are...they're are on a banned list for a reason.

Also it's laughable to think that Ritalin does not increase someone's performance.
    And that's where the medical exemptions are shady. Either change the list or exclude certain athletes with certain conditions from competing.

I agree with you Rocket, if you are sub par, and you need a banned substance to get to "normal (and not enhanced) the maybe you shouldn't compete.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes Sharapova had a prescription for it for the past 10 years.
    This supplement requires a prescription? The doctor directing her could have directed her to useful medications that aren't banned.

But it sounds like Sharapova chose not to go that route, even after being told.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

This supplement requires a prescription? The doctor directing her could have directed her to useful medications that aren't banned.

But it sounds like Sharapova chose not to go that route, even after being told.
    It does in Russia...many over the counter meds are still being prescribed on Rx...you can buy without it, but the normal procedure would be to get a Rx from the doctor.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Russian Rocket 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

Feel like I should clarify as some of you guys might actually take this shit seriously.

1) prednisone, methylsprednisone are steroids but are anything but performance enhancing type of steroids.

The type of performance enhancing steroids everyone is thinking of are hormonal steroids. While prednisone, methylprednsione are minercorticoids. There is a big difference. Minercorticoids have no effect on enhancing testosterone. If anything, taking minercorticoids could make you retain water and heavier, there by making you slower and more lethargic. They can also cause muscle atrophy after prolonged use.

I think, and this is just my professional opinion. These girls have been playing pro tennis since their teens. They both likely have early osteoarthritis and probably need recurrent short courses of steroids just to wake up without shooting pain every day of their life. Either that or they have some asthma.

Either way, this is such a non-story it's ridiculous, at least as far as the Williams sisters are concened.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Feel like I should clarify as some of you guys might actually take this shit seriously.

1) prednisone, methylsprednisone are steroids but are anything but performance enhancing type of steroids.

The type of performance enhancing steroids everyone is thinking of are hormonal steroids. While prednisone, methylprednsione are minercorticoids. There is a big difference. Minercorticoids have no effect on enhancing testosterone. If anything, taking minercorticoids could make you retain water and heavier, there by making you slower and more lethargic. They can also cause muscle atrophy after prolonged use.

I think, and this is just my professional opinion. These girls have been playing pro tennis since their teens. They both likely have early osteoarthritis and probably need recurrent short courses of steroids just to wake up without shooting pain every day of their life. Either that or they have some asthma.

Either way, this is such a non-story it's ridiculous, at least as far as the Williams sisters are concened.
    thanks Capt. Obvious! Anyone can find this info on Google. I don't think anyone here thought that when we say prednisone, we're talking about an anabolic steroid.

the story is about WADA secretly allowing them to take banned drugs

And since you've decided to chime in here, let me ask you: Can Ritalin increase someone's performance?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Oxycodone and hydrocodone? I'm jealous

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes Sharapova had a prescription for it for the past 10 years. But because this supplement is so new to WADA, they don't know what to do with it, except entirely banning it for now.
    This is what I figured. The West got scurrred.

They didn't like that increased use from event to event I was talking about.

I know it's anecdotal, bet when more and more athletes are taking it to train, it might be doing something.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...the story is about WADA secretly allowing them to take banned drugs...
    No, this is no secret. We've heard of medical exemptions in everything from swimming to track and unless WADA is denying exemptions for some, and giving to others, there has been no wrongdoing...as corrupt as they may be in other areas.

...When people understand the drugs being taken, it becomes a non story. The only real story here is that WADA has been hacked and medical records (to an extent) have been released. So far I've seen nothing that breaks WADA rules.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

No, this is no secret. We've heard of medical exemptions in everything from swimming to track and unless WADA is denying exemptions for some, and giving to others, there has been no wrongdoing...as corrupt as they may be in other areas.
    That's what I was saying - they deny Russians and allow Americans. Treat everyone equal is all I'm saying.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Russian Rocket 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Simone Biles
    Both Williams

all Black
    Aren't 98.9% of the athletes anyone cares about at all black?

trobin31

thanks Capt. Obvious! Anyone can find this info on Google. I don't think anyone here thought that when we say prednisone, we're talking about an anabolic steroid.

the story is about WADA secretly allowing them to take banned drugs

And since you've decided to chime in here, let me ask you: Can Ritalin increase someone's performance?
    Look, I don't think you are putting any of this stuff into context. I'm saying it's pretty obvious and clear they were given exemptions for what anyone would call fairly common medical conditions. On top of this, those meds don't help but instead hamper performance when used without said medical conditions.

You are using this situation to decry punishment of Sharapova who was taking a substance not used for any known medical condition. I don't know much about the melodonium, but looking at its mechanism of action, alpha agonist, nitric oxide vasodilation, sure sounds like something which could be used for doping regardless of any supporting studies.

I dnot know anything about the policy on ritalin, but of course it improves focus and performance, I didn't say anything to the contrary.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I agree with Sasha here

He nails every point

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Look, I don't think you are putting any of this stuff into context. I'm saying it's pretty obvious and clear they were given exemptions for what anyone would call fairly common medical conditions. On top of this, those meds don't help but instead hamper performance when used without said medical conditions.

You are using this situation to decry punishment of Sharapova who was taking a substance not used for any known medical condition. I don't know much about the melodonium, but looking at its mechanism of action, alpha agonist, nitric oxide vasodilation, sure sounds like something which could be used for doping regardless of any supporting studies.

I dnot know anything about the policy on ritalin, but of course it improves focus and performance, I didn't say anything to the contrary.
    Girl goes to Rio and wins 4 Gold medals...a month later we find out that she was a life-long user of Ritalin.
    Now picture a Russian athlete in her place.

Every college kid would tell you what Ritalin does to your body...the reason why asked you about it, as I wanted to see how transparent you really are.

And what I got from your is this: "Look, I don't think you are putting any of this stuff into context. I'm saying it's pretty obvious and clear they were given exemptions for what anyone would call fairly common medical conditions."

Thanks for stopping by buddy

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

There all on drugs. No surprise here.

US tennis will be done after they are gone.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by smittyallsports View Post
    Aren't 98.9% of the athletes anyone cares about at all black?
    Just in North America.
    No one cares about black people anywhere else.

trobin31

Rocket I understand now pal,
    I hope now you understand our struggle:

#Russianlivesmatter
    #handoverSnowden & then
    #harassmentwillstop

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Rocket I understand now pal,
    I hope now you understand our struggle:

#Russianlivesmatter
    #handoverSnowden & then
    #harassmentwillstop
    Hand you over the guy who opened your eyes on illegal ongoing surveillance of every single citizen in your country?
    Come and get him - no one is stopping you.

trobin31

I got nothing against Snowden, i hope he leads a long happy life in a villa on the Black Sea. Besides, It kind of turns me on knowing someone else from afar is looking my dick picks.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It is a bit sad how the campaign has brought some of that old neocon propaganda machine back. Hillary bought into it for the sake of a voting block, wants to demonize and blame Russia for everything she can, and it pretty much makes me sick.

Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave KVB 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I got nothing against Snowden, i hope he leads a long happy life in a villa on the Black Sea. Besides, It kind of turns me on knowing someone else from afar is looking my dick picks.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Judging by your avi, I don't think you got there a lot to look at Mister

#AsianDicksMatter
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 09-13-16 at 08:01 PM.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

#AsianDicksMatter

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

US athletes can't be banned for dopping. Wall Street rules.

trobin31

#AsianDicksMatter
    Judge for yourself, my mother told me it's the biggest in our family. So at least i've got that going....right...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Trobin call one of the Williams sisters ASAP pal - I heard they know the best on what to take to help you grow a dikk out of a clit.

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Just in North America.
    No one cares about black people anywhere else.
    nah. I think they may care a little bit about black athletes in Africa. Chinese built a statue of Steph Marbury. Steph Marbury? I think this alone proves your comment is absolute BS.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Methylphenidate is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

Prednisone is also a well known steroid.

There is Advil and Tylenol that you can take for pain.
    True. I guess for pain I was only talking about oxycodone, hydromorphone; but that was just a guess for the hydromorphone, because it is part of the morphine familia.

Didn't know Prednisone was a steroid; good to know next time I'm looking get juiced up

First 12