jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Murray Will Be Number 1 Within 1 Year

I thought Del Potro would be the new number 1 but watching Murray he has the whole package and unreal court speed. Fed was hammering the corners and Murray got to most of him. If he won third set I think he would of won match.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

he got 1 big 1 within minutes up his tight hole last night

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I think Fed holds on to #1 until atleast Wimbledon 2011... after that he may start to break down too much.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

1st off even if he pulls out that tie breaker no chance he takes another 2 sets in a row.
    Fed will be #1 til he shuts it down. What else does he need to do to convince you??

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    1st off even if he pulls out that tie breaker no chance he takes another 2 sets in a row.
    Fed will be #1 til he shuts it down. What else does he need to do to convince you??
    Are u another fishhead clone or are u a ghost?

FishFace5

Do I sound like fishhead??? Why am I a ghost??
    Long time lurker here and at 2+2. Started posting at both around football season.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Do I sound like fishhead??? Why am I a ghost??
    Long time lurker here and at 2+2. Started posting at both around football season.
    So, you have been following Fishhead from a far now you start posting and choose a name very similar to his to pay him homage?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Nadal will be back once healthy but my sleeper is Muhammad Ali's illegitimate son that Tsonga kid. He's a physical specimen. He's lacking experience and finesse but give him a year and he's going to dominate the field. He's been hampered with a bunch of injuries the past 4 or 5 years but if he get's in shape and stays healthy, I think he can move up from #10 to 1 or 2.

Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk Tennis,

lets talk about your meltdown sir..

I seen your videos when you were in Oakland wearing circa 1998 "urban clothing" and you seemed to have it all together...

I come back to see whats going on and you are all doped up fighting with posters who arent worth their weight in piss... what the fukk happened to you pal?

get it together

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

So because Murray lost in straights to Fed you think he is worthy of being the next #1?

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

Enog...check your thread. I'm your only hope.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    So, you have been following Fishhead from a far now you start posting and choose a name very similar to his to pay him homage?
    Ya you nailed it. My name is a tribute to fishhead. What r u even talking about? I've been using it as a poker name for years b4 signing up here if that matters at all. I think that's enough explanation. Carry on.

Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Enog...check your thread. I'm your only hope.
    I pick winners Guy.. come baseball season these fukks will be bowing to the King..

jjgold

Murray has more of a complete game than any player right now

Fed played perfect

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Murray has more of a complete game than any player right now Fed played perfect
    Sounds about right. Too bad Fed always plays like that

jjgold

Fed is lucky to have 1 solid year left. The age is going to become a factor against these young guns.

He still looks sharp but in Tennis once your skills start to drop they go fast.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I love Nedal, but JJ does have a point. Guy has a complete game. We shall see...don't forget about this thread. Next year it will make you look like a genius if you're right!

FishFace5

He had a lil lul last year. Seemed like he was getting bored. Now he's runnin over people again. I think he can go until he gets bored again. Maybe get to like 20 Grand Slams and call it a career. I'm not really disagreeing about Murray being the next great star just saying Fed is the best ever and is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone. He won in straight sets. Not like this was an epic 5 set match or anything. Fed was barely tested the whole match. He'll go out as the #1 player in the world and then Murray and hopefully a healthy Nadal can fight it out.

frang
    frang's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray will win a major within the next 12 months but it would take something a bit special for him to move upto number 1 within that period. At best number 2 within that period then number 1 within a further 12 months.

FishFace5

Good point Frang. How bout we wait for him to win a major tourney 1st b4 we anoint him the next best thing.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I love Nedal, but JJ does have a point. Guy has a complete game. We shall see...don't forget about this thread. Next year it will make you look like a genius if you're right!
    What about Murray's serve? He doesn't have a great serve at all.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by ji03 View Post
    What about Murray's serve? He doesn't have a great serve at all.
    I suppose it depends upon the matchup, but yes, you have a point. I've always thought a dominating serve depended much more upon the opponents abilities return (barring some of the all-time greats). Murray is basically an intelligent player who thinks ahead which makes his style unique. He certainly isn't as flashy as some of the others, but if he ever gets it all together, watch out.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

in what world will murray be no.1? first off, this is not the wta, if you dont have any grand slam titles you dont get to be number 1.

having said that, murray and rafa are roughly the same age and murray has no grand slams while rafa has 6

even del potro and djokovic have won a grand slam

this guy is not worthy of the no.1 spot, he has done nothing special in his career, he is far from the best, the only reason he was in the final was nadal being striken by bad luck and persistent injuries

also he is a choker, and a wuss, his best strategy is to pretend to be injured by holding different parts of his body an grunting and complaining, so he plays dead to catch his opponent off guard, this guy is a joke, he did this today too but he was just too little for fed

oh and today he didnt even touch federer, fed just breezed by him like he was another punkass player

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Really glad I had nice size ML bets on Serena and Fed.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I suppose it depends upon the matchup, but yes, you have a point. I've always thought a dominating serve depended much more upon the opponents abilities return (barring some of the all-time greats). Murray is basically an intelligent player who thinks ahead which makes his style unique. He certainly isn't as flashy as some of the others, but if he ever gets it all together, watch out.
    Yeah I agree that he is very intelligent and he has a playing style that he feels will win and it does miost of the time, but i think he needs a bigger serve to compete with the bigger guys in the grand slams.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4817

I made my first tennis bet ever last night!

Tennis all time YTD record 1-0!

Thanks Federer...er!

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually agree with JJ, here.

Nadal is done at the very top level, IMHO. He played way too much when he was younger and his knees will never be the same. Some might mention the more drug testing stringent prcedures too (I am not convinced about that).

Djokovic is too flaky.

Del Potro is too lazy.

That just leaves Federer. Despite winning three of the last four majors and reaching the last eight grand slam finals, I don´t think he is at the same level as he was three years ago. Turn the clock forward a year and he will be 29. For me Murray will have overtaken him by then.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Murray Will Be Number 1 Within 1 Year
    Another classic JJ "stir the sh*t" thread....

Last year at this time when Raffa won the Australian, everyone wrote Fed off...proclaiming the new age of tennis with Nadal...

I'd caution you not to make the same mistake this year...

Doc

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Another classic JJ "stir the sh*t" thread....

Last year at this time when Raffa won the Australian, everyone wrote Fed off...proclaiming the new age of tennis with Nadal...

I'd caution you not to make the same mistake this year...

Doc
    of coarse, people have goldfish brains, they just go with whats hot

just because fed was in a slump they rushed to say his career was over

now just because nadal is having some injury problems people are saying he is don4

even they guy who made the thread, he admits when del potro won the us open he said he was gonna be no1, just because he won a major, now he is dismising him just because of a loss and saying murray is the next number one just because of a run to the final

:/

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't know much about Tennis so I can't point it out exactly - but whenever I watch Murray, it seems that there's always something, that one little thing, missing.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Murray is mentally far far away from Federer or Nadal.

He has a great hand, but that's not enough....he can be compared to Safin for example...still, he has many years to improve

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless Federer, Nadal and Djokovic take the year off - this is the worst statement since that guy who had the lock of the lifetime in sports on Federer-Murray going over 3 sets at -300.

If you use logic and actually look at the rankings you'll realize that Murray will need to have a helluva year to even get to #3.

jjgold

Did anyone watch the match??

Murray played pretty well, a few points here and there and he wins

Most of games were long

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gold until the guy wins a Slam, he's not a threat. This isn't like the women's side where you can F around, not win Slams and be #1 because Serena doesn't win a lot of tourneys outside of the Slams.

FishFace5

I watched it.
    Fed is better. Hands down.
    All matches are decided by a few points here or there, thats a horribly weak argument.
    Murray never threatened to take a set til the last 1.

123 Last