Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

luol deng 4 years 72 mil with the lakers

so i guess deng will play the 4 while ingram plays the 3 with clarkson russel and mozgov and randle, nantz williams and young coming off the bench could be a 25-30 win team a lot of unders though because i dont see how this team will break 95 points a game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good player but wrong team

Lakers improved slightly

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Best days long gone and injury prone.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Seems like every day I'm seeing an inexplicably bad signing by the Lakers. They're gonna suck for a long time.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

No, Randle will start, Ingram will take a sub role. Not a bad move; Ingram will learn a lot from Deng.

IBetYou

---Ingram is still only 18yo. You don't want him defending the elite wings of the nba with his skinny frame.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

so the 2nd pick in the draft is going to come off the bench?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

good signing

IBetYou

They're not starting him over Randle! Randle is an accomplished NBA player now. He rebounds, scores, makes plays.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Seems like every day I'm seeing an inexplicably bad signing by the Lakers. They're gonna suck for a long time.
    This!

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

There was a decent chance Westbrook would want to play for the Lakers next season, which would make Durant at least listen to their pitch next summer. Now they are wasting all their money on these average players.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

The rebuilding process is going to take a lot longer than we thought. At least Deng fits the bill as far as players that Walton can use in an up tempo offense. Like another poster mentioned, who is going to shoot the ball though? Unfortunately the Lakers have to sign players and no one thought it would be this hard to give away money.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

As long as they're not in the top 3 of the draft next year that's fine with me. Go Sixers!!!

IBetYou

................................,-~*`lllllll`*~,.......................... ................... .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll`*-,....................................... ...
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllll llllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................. ..................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllll llll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(`*,`,............................ ...
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\...... .................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................) ....)`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|............ .....\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lakers paying all this money for non impact players. why?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

another bad signing by the lakers.

in other news the sun rose in the east this morning

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

The Lakers are trying their best to win 27 games. And that is the worst thing they can do. If they finish top 3 in the lottery next year, they get to keep their 2017 1st round pick (top 3) and get to keep their 2019 1st round pick. If they do not finish top 3 in the lottery next year, they lose their 2017 first round pick AND lose their 2019 first round pick.

If there was any year for the Lakers to tank, it's next season. They got 2 lottery picks to protect. But it looks like they will finish 5th or 6th worst, which is the absolute worst cast scenario for them.

I think Mozgov can help them tank because he's trash. But Deng is a little "too good" for their tank efforts.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

76ers of the west

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

deng is good enough to be a starter on a good team, so him babysitting here doesnt really make much sense, unless this was his best offer by far. also, state income tax in california is high as hell.

like plaza said, this could actually hurt the lakers more than anything, probably going to cost them 2 first round picks. the team looks like it will win around 25 this season, with a better coach, young guys who grew a year and now deng. also, no distracting farewell tour.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lakers paying all this money for non impact players. why?
    They do NOT have a choice...The BIG MARKET CITIES no longer dictate where BIG name players GO..The Players do...the new CBA leveled the playing field...Durant can earn just as much in Oklahoma as he would have earned in LA 15 years ago...and now triple that with advent of the New TV contracts...Jerry Buss under the old rules would just dip into the luxary tax and outspend everyone else...

Lakers are also Terrible, so RING Chasing quality players want nothing to do with them...Lakers have too much baggage...their fan base is obsessed with KOBE...so quality Shooting Guards want nothing to do with them (Derozan)

The Deng and Mozgov signings are quality veteran signings in the short term, that the Lakers are now forced to overpay for because beggars cannot be choosers. Under the old CBA, Deng would have been Chandler Parsons...and Mozgov would have been Bizmack Biyombo...Jerry Buss would have just paid them what ever they wanted like he did with Shaq....but new rules apply...

Lakers now have to play by the rules all small market teams play by...Why would Chandler and Bizmack play for a shitbox team like LA when they can play for contenders and make the same amount of money ? Minus the added headache of the Mamba Mafia and LA media scrutiny..

They needed a veteran forward and Center to help smooth the way for the young fellas and because Deng and Mozgov could easily net similar deals elsewhere they are now forced to overpay for 30 plus year old players past their primes...
    Last edited by Menses; 07-02-16 at 03:50 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

LA does have hotter bitches though so there's that

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

they do not have a choice? ummm... no.

they just over paid for two players that will not make them into a playoff team.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    They do NOT have a choice...The BIG MARKET CITIES no longer dictate where BIG name players GO..The Players do...the new CBA leveled the playing field...Durant can earn just as much in Oklahoma as he would have earned in LA 15 years ago...and now triple that with advent of the New TV contracts...Jerry Buss under the old rules would just dip into the luxary tax and outspend everyone else...

Lakers are also Terrible, so RING Chasing quality players want nothing to do with them...Lakers have too much baggage...their fan base is obsessed with KOBE...so quality Shooting Guards want nothing to do with them (Derozan)

The Deng and Mozgov signings are quality veteran signings in the short term, that the Lakers are now forced to overpay for because beggers cannot be choosers...Under the old CBA, Deng would have been Chandler Parsons...and Mozgov would have been Bizmack Biyombo...Jerry Buss would have just paid them what ever they wanted like he did with Shaq....but new rules apply...Lakers now have to play by the rules all small market teams play by...Why would Chandler and Bizmack play for a shitbox team like LA when they can play for contenders and make the same amount of money ? Minus the added headache of the Mamba Mafia and LA media scrutiny..
    I said this somewhere else, being in a big market doesn't mean shit anymore. The game has went global.

The players care more about good management, winning, elongating their own career than a storied franchise.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lakers just need to tank and rebuild.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

they do not have a choice? ummm... no.

they just over paid for two players that will not make them into a playoff team.
    Under the CBA, the owners have to spend so much, I'm not sure what the exact amount is off the top of my head.

Lakers were well below that amount (kobe off books and new cap) so something had to be done.

I get your point though, why give mozgov 64 million the second free agency opens

there were a lot of centers out there

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Remember when we almost traded Kobe to the Bulls for Deng and the rest of the Bulls? Good times

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Lol they've been trying but Jimmy Buss can't get out of his own way.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Under the CBA, the owners have to spend so much, I'm not sure what the exact amount is off the top of my head.

Lakers were well below that amount (kobe off books and new cap) so something had to be done.

I get your point though, why give mozgov 64 million the second free agency opens

i realize that lakers do need some vets but over paying for them is not the answer. it's not like the fans are gonna be excited to see mozgov and deng.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Lol they've been trying but Jimmy Buss can't get out of his own way.
    jim buss is a fukking idiot. jeanie probably could do a better job.

Menses

They have been tanking from the moment the Chris Paul Trade was blocked...They now have several 1 and done players on their roster which means they have to wait until those players are fully developed before they can contend...until which point...they are forced to overpay for veteran role players on the downside of their careers...Mind you...all of this could have been avoided if Kobe had restructured his deal..and forced Jim Buss to hire Phil Jackson....
    Last edited by Menses; 07-02-16 at 04:56 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

64 million is nothing now....next year it will be a third the value that it is now...think of that number as the new Max for a player of his caliber...people have to get used to the new market values...Biyombo just got 70 million...and I am certain probably tried to squeeze 85 or so million out of LA...Mitch probably refused..and went with Mozgov...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Kobe at home saying why couldnt I been born 5 years later.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Deng's contract bought out, waived and stretched

Lakers can sign a max 38 mil/ yr player

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/9...s-timberwolves

The stench of Jimmy and Mitch are almost gone...

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i agree with the one poster...... lakers are one of the teams that should never be making questionable signings and should maintain fiscal flexibility. questionable signings are sometimes ok for teams that can't get players excited about playing there.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i agree with the one poster...... lakers are one of the teams that should never be making questionable signings and should maintain fiscal flexibility. questionable signings are sometimes ok for teams that can't get players excited about playing there.
    those days are long gone. they have so much money next year its ridiculous. Pelinka and Magic have cleaned up every contract problem they had.

12 Last