QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Bitcoin Expert..... Need help!

I have a 6.5k credit line right now with 0 apr for another 6month.

I want to buy 10 bitcoins,before the time of the halves.

I'm thinking best case scenario, I make 3k if bitcoin goes to 1000. Worse case scenario I lost 3k. I don't see bitcoin dying but it could crash to around $300 but I'm seeing it on the unlikely side.

Now, I just need a bitcoin exchange company that would take CC but not charge a cash advance fee. But they have to be reputable. Oh, and the fees are not high. But I'm okay with 3%.

This is a gamble, I am willingly to take. But can someone help me with a company because

Circle - I don't know what price of bitcoin they are charging at. I believe they charge a cash advance fee.

Coinbase does not take credit card depo and they charge a cash advance fee

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    I have a 6.5k credit line right now with 0 apr for another 6month.

I want to buy 10 bitcoins,before the time of the halves.

I'm thinking best case scenario, I make 3k if bitcoin goes to 1000. Worse case scenario I lost 3k. I don't see bitcoin dying but it could crash to around $300 but I'm seeing it on the unlikely side.

Now, I just need a bitcoin exchange company that would take CC but not charge a cash advance fee. But they have to be reputable. Oh, and the fees are not high. But I'm okay with 3%.

This is a gamble, I am willingly to take. But can someone help me with a company because

Circle - I don't know what price of bitcoin they are charging at. I believe they charge a cash advance fee.

Coinbase does not take credit card depo and they charge a cash advance fee
    Circle doesn't charge me.

And I have a 3K buying limit.

I don't understand what you're saying about Circle.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Electrons View Post
    Circle doesn't charge me.

And I have a 3K buying limit.

I don't understand what you're saying about Circle.
    Ciricle might charge your credit card company a cash advance fee. Which is a whole other section of charges. If you buy bitcoin with a debit card, then they don't. But I am trying to buy bitcoin with a credit line. In which they might charge a cash advance fee.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Ciricle might charge your credit card company a cash advance fee. Which is a whole other section of charges. If you buy bitcoin with a debit card, then they don't. But I am trying to buy bitcoin with a credit line. In which they might charge a cash advance fee.
    Try asking a few exchanges? http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Might be too late. Prices are climbing again X(.

Electrons

Can't you just deposit your line of credit via check into your checking account and then just use your debit card?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quanger... this is a lot of risk in more ways than one.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

You got 9 days left before the halvening but I've read somewhere the full effect of the the halvening won't show until the 3rd month. Regardless I wouldn't wait, who knows how the price will be after the halvening. It might take off to $2000 within a month.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Isn't the bitcoin halving already built into the price? This is why it went from $400 something to $660.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    Isn't the bitcoin halving already built into the price? This is why it went from $400 something to $660.
    the answer is no.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    the answer is no.
    Source?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Source?
    why don't you do some research on what halvening is first? how can the price be built into something that hasn't happened yet? it's logic.

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    why don't you do some research on what halvening is first? how can the price be built into something that hasn't happened yet? it's logic.
    That's the nature of stocks, people anticipate that bitcoin will be worth more after the halving, so they invest more in bitcoin and the price increases. People have known about the halving for years and this isn't even the first one. To assume that the price is completely independent from an event that will halve the rewards that miners get, which the entire platform is built on, is asinine.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

asinine, lol ok. bitcoin isn't stocks. the price fluctuation was due partly to brexit, the chinese yuan, and the halvening.

but to say the price is built in is "asinine". who knows how the miners will react to the halvening. yes there was one in 2012. after the first halvening, the price sky rocketed. are you saying the price of ~$15 during the 1st halvening was built in? gtoh.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

To add to DR225, there has been a lot of activity, not just in price, as as result of the halving event. We know some larger miners have already taken actions to cut their costs but there are many who may not be able to overcome the reward decrease. If they go offline, it's possible that bitcoin could be less secure and a definite drop in hash rate would ensue.

What you should really expect from Bitcoin is high volatility in the short term after halving (partly because of uncertainty) as we saw the first time the reward was cut.

The difference is the volume and market cap, which was very little the first time around and much larger now.

If bitcoin survives, which it should, expect near term volatility, and a lot of it.

Electrons

That's the nature of stocks, people anticipate that bitcoin will be worth more after the halving, so they invest more in bitcoin and the price increases. People have known about the halving for years and this isn't even the first one. To assume that the price is completely independent from an event that will halve the rewards that miners get, which the entire platform is built on, is asinine.
    You can't compare the first Bitcoin halving event to this one.

By design, it's about to reduce the reward for miners, and a lot of the old time miners and there technology may not be worth it.

Some guys like Vinny Lingham, who is about as good as anyone in predicting Bitcoin volatility, believes it will hit 1K by the end of the year, but in the short term, a lot of violent dramatic price swings.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

bitcoin will survive. the thing about bitcoin, the scarcity will drive the price in the future. that's why i love bitcoin. once it hits 21 million bitcoin, there will be no more mining.

we're still in the early stages of crypto currencies and bitcoin. who knows, maybe in 10 years or sooner, 1 bitcoin will be worth $10k.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It would also do bitcoin players good to be careful not try to figure out why Bitcoin has recently moved. While some investors may pick up some bitcoin when other markets seem uncertain (a bit like gold), much of the price movement and volume is coming from market manipulators.

These guys are not betting with the same mentality as most of the buyers around here.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

It's a lot easier to day trade than it is to predict long term. An exchange going down or even a short term outage such as Bitfinex causes a drastic price move. The Chinese economy plays a huge role. A change in bitcoin laws in many countries will cause an immediate move such as the VAT ruling by the European Court.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

goes to 2000 , ride it out man

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

I just sold my 5 bitcoin. Waiting for it to drop to $630-625 and imma pop it in for the long haul. Hopefully it does....

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

paypal is the BEST way to get cash off a card and NOT pay any cash advance fees...if you have a trusted friend, send to him/her, withdraw to their bank, 2 days later, cash in hand

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    paypal is the BEST way to get cash off a card and NOT pay any cash advance fees...if you have a trusted friend, send to him/her, withdraw to their bank, 2 days later, cash in hand
    This is actually brilliant... Thank You sir. But I don't have a friend that I can trust with 7k lol.(is that sad or what?)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quanger your an emotional wreck

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

This is actually brilliant... Thank You sir. But I don't have a friend that I can trust with 7k lol.(is that sad or what?)
    can do it spread out to 2 or 3 people....