Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Is Mark Cuban a Bad Owner Now?

This guy continues to just go after names but doesn't seem like he is trying to build a winner anymore. Paid Wes Matthews a ridiculous amount of money after his achilles tear and paid Parsons $60M for two years. Brought in a broken Derron Williams. Seems like the Mavs bring in either over the hill players or over pay good but not great players. Now I hear they are offering Whiteside the max.....he must be hanging with Jerry Jones lately. Just go after any names you can find. Poor Mavs are going to be a 1st round and done team for many years to come. That is assuming the T-Wolves don't bump them out of the playoff rotation.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

He is trying hard to win one more with dirk and he doesn't want to go thru a rebuild cause Carlisle will be gone.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

When did Parsons get 60 mil for 2 years, dont think so.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

terrible owner now

Ego got too big and now more into tv shows
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sledge187

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    terrible owner now

Ego got too big and now more into tv shows
    Living in Dallas, Cuban is branded a genius compared to that idiot on the other side of town (Jerry).
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave mpaschal34 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

He's like any other billionaire, he just wants his money to make money, he couldn't give a crap about championships. I think he's still pissed at DeAndre Jordan for leaving him at the altar last summer.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

sbr posters reinforcing how clueless they all are
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

Sledge187

They are saying the Mavs are going to offer Ryan Anderson the max??? Are you serious Dallas??? Wow - Cuban sucks now.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    This guy continues to just go after names but doesn't seem like he is trying to build a winner anymore. Paid Wes Matthews a ridiculous amount of money after his achilles tear and paid Parsons $60M for two years. Brought in a broken Derron Williams. Seems like the Mavs bring in either over the hill players or over pay good but not great players. Now I hear they are offering Whiteside the max.....he must be hanging with Jerry Jones lately. Just go after any names you can find. Poor Mavs are going to be a 1st round and done team for many years to come. That is assuming the T-Wolves don't bump them out of the playoff rotation.
    he's turned into gambler making poor decisions.. chasing bets.. increasing wagers.
    always trying to win it all with 2nd Rate players right away.

1) you can't win right away.
    2) you really can't win with 2nd Rate players
    3) when you pay 2nd Rate players top dollar. you have to pay most guys top dollar.

i think he is just interested in being a celeb.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11720

I don't believe he is like any other billionaire who is out to make money. you must never watch Mavs games because hes at everyone of them home or away. He screams at the refs all game long. you have no idea what you are talking about. if I owned the Cavs and didn't care, I wouldn't be at the games. check right behind the Cavs bench.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I don't believe he is like any other billionaire who is out to make money. you must never watch Mavs games because hes at everyone of them home or away. He screams at the refs all game long. you have no idea what you are talking about. if I owned the Cavs and didn't care, I wouldn't be at the games. check right behind the Cavs bench.
    Yelling at refs doesn't make you a great owner, it makes you a great fan.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Guy doesnt care anymore. He got his championship and cares more about being a celebrity now.

Sledge187

With all the hateroid I am hitting Cuban with, I think they made the right move by passing on Parsons.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Big names still bring in money for teams. But it is a slippery slope; just look at the Knickerbockers.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

should be easy to get guys there IMO

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

hes clueless. he gets 2nd and 3rd tier talent to stay competitive and make playoffs, generates just enough interest with team to keep their fans happy but he will never build a champion again, he's a business man, not an owner hungry for a chip.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How many sellouts did he have last season?

That's all it's about now.

Selling tickets at full price... no discounts.

If you're doing that.... you can bring in any idiot to run up and down the court.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

This is an all time epic failure from the Mavs front office. Even by their horrific standards since 2011, this is the worst plan they've ever had. Every person alive could see it would never work.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has lost touch with reality

Seems nobody wants to play there..all hackers

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    This is an all time epic failure from the Mavs front office. Even by their horrific standards since 2011, this is the worst plan they've ever had. Every person alive could see it would never work.
    I can't believe he purposely broke up a championship team to go after top name free agents later. What a stupid plan.

Seto

So this guy wouldn't give the max to Chandler Parsons not to "overpay for mediocrity".

But now he's giving the max to Harrison fukking Barnes.

Absolutely fuming at the front office. Mavs are gonna suck for years. Thing is Rick Carlisle could coach 4 donkeys and Dirk to the 8 seed so they won't have a top pick either. That said, I never really root for tanking so it's not like that fact displeases me too much.
    Last edited by Seto; 07-02-16 at 07:32 PM.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    I can't believe he purposely broke up a championship team to go after top name free agents later. What a stupid plan.
    Well to be fair that team was not going to be a threat to repeat. But the way he disrespected Tyson Chandler and basically allowed him to walk didn't set a good precedent.

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not the worse owner but Won't win another ring

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

mark cuban is a genius

signed barnes and traded for bogut

top 3 team in the west

could easily win a ring next year since we all know how injury prone curry and durant are