pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Brexit: British clubs could suffer in transfer window, warns sports expert

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36620201

British football clubs could find it more difficult to buy summer targets after the UK's decision to leave the European Union, an expert has warned.
    Transfer fees and wages may rise, said Simon Chadwick, professor of sports enterprise at Salford University.
    "Clubs could suddenly find players are much more expensive because the pound is worth less," he told BBC Sport.
    Football Association chairman Greg Dyke said the decision could have "quite an impact on English football".
    He said the full impact of leaving the EU might not be known for two years.
    "It would be a shame if some of the great European players can't come here but I don't think that will happen. Whether the total number reduces will depend on the terms of the exit," he said.
    "My personal view has always been that the decline in the number of English players in Premier League first teams - we're down to about 30% now - is a shame. If it increases the number of English players, that is to be welcomed. But you don't want to lose the best European players coming here."

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

experts

fear for the mindless.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    experts

fear for the mindless.
    The pound lost 25% of its value. So if lets say Man Utd wants to sign a French player for $40 million yesterday they have to pay $50 million today. The price hikes will be passed to the fans who buy tickets (and who voted for Brexit).

The transfer rules will also change because UK won't be following European laws meaning they have to field more British players on their teams instead of foreign players who are superior talents.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The pound lost 25% of its value. So if lets say Man Utd wants to sign a French player for $40 million yesterday they have to pay $50 million today. The price hikes will be passed to the fans who buy tickets (and who voted for Brexit).

The transfer rules will also change because UK won't be following European laws meaning they have to field more British players on their teams instead of foreign players who are superior talents.
    Its about time we started building up are young native talent again.

DwightShrute

big fukking deal. Its on sale right now. get some while you can. Only one way for it to go and that's up. Short term pain long term gain.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

big fukking deal. Its on sale right now. get some while you can. Only one way for it to go and that's up. Short term pain long term gain.
    And this has what relevance to EPL transfer market?

This is a sports talk forum.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

says the clown who made a thread about trump supporting the 38% of scotland who won yesterday.

DwightShrute

thanks for that

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

What gain!!??? They got nothing but a hair cut to their retirements and massive job loss. They took short term pain which will turn into long term pain.

I was listening to the equivalent of some moron Trump supporter in the UK who voted for brexit and the only thing he could come up with for why he voted to leave was he didn't like going to one of his favorite parks and not hearing more native British accents.. that's it. A true dumbass xenophobe, just like Trump supporters.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    What gain!!??? They got nothing but a hair cut to their retirements and massive job loss. They took short term pain which will turn into long term pain.

I was listening to the equivalent of some moron Trump supporter in the UK who voted for brexit and the only thing he could come up with for why he voted to leave was he didn't like going to one of his favorite parks and not hearing more native British accents.. that's it. A true dumbass xenophobe, just like Trump supporters.
    watch this and you will change your mind

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

watch this and you will change your mind

DwightShrute

I know you hate facts. Its ok.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

I know you hate facts. Its ok.
    It's a youtube video dumb dumb. The brexit vote was an emotional one, that's it. Now they will get a wake up call when they start seeing the consequences.

DwightShrute

It's a youtube video dumb dumb. The brexit vote was an emotional one, that's it. Now they will get a wake up call when they start seeing the consequences.
    its a video that is on youtube

don't be afraid of knowledge

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Bingo!

Most people who voted exit have no idea what the EU is. They will find out soon when they go to the store and their 100 pounds buy half the groceries they buy now. All fruits and vegetables will be out of rich for the average person since they are produced in EU.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

small correction: the Pound only lost 8-9% of its value

DwightShrute

Bingo!

Most people who voted exit have no idea what the EU is. They will find out soon when they go to the store and their 100 pounds buy half the groceries they buy now. All fruits and vegetables will be out of rich for the average person since they are produced in EU.
    just the opposite. Man oh man lol.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

If I'm an American company looking to do business in the EU, I no longer consider UK as my hub. They won't get the favorable trade deals and connections to the rest of the EU that they once enjoyed. American companies will look to other EU members to set up shop. Considering most of the UK economy is services financial and tech, that process can start rather quickly. And for what?? now native Britons get to clean the toilets at their local bar instead of some refugee?

It's sad that many older white less educated in developed nations are feeling left behind by globalization, but isolation is not the answer. We need calm, experienced leaders now more than ever. This is no time for gun slinging and knee jerk reactionaries. Democracy works great, but the emotion needs to be tempered by logic and reason.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

just the opposite. Man oh man lol.
    Is that the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I"?

Try rubbing those last two brain cells together and come up with a response other than a youtube video, emoticon, or animated gif.

DwightShrute

If I'm an American company looking to do business in the EU, I no longer consider UK as my hub. They won't get the favorable trade deals and connections to the rest of the EU that they once enjoyed. American companies will look to other EU members to set up shop. Considering most of the UK economy is services financial and tech, that process can start rather quickly. And for what?? now native Britons get to clean the toilets at their local bar instead of some refugee?

It's sad that many older white less educated in developed nations are feeling left behind by globalization, but isolation is not the answer. We need calm, experienced leaders now more than ever. This is no time for gun slinging and knee jerk reactionaries. Democracy works great, but the emotion needs to be tempered by logic and reason.
    absolute bullshit. Britian won't be subject to the EU bureaucracy anymore and will be able to make their own deals for their country. Like every country should. Fisherman can now fish off the coast once again.

Let all hope that the dominos start falling and the entire EU is a thing of the past. The Swiss opted out of the EU and time proved them right. Same will happen here.

Great day for England!

YOU LOSE again.

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Is op, the guy that started that internet girl? And it was fake? Anyone got a link?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

This helps Trump over here. Brits got smart and basically voted this in to slow down immigration and close borders..

Make no mistake about this.. They are losing their identity quickly as Brits under this continued influx of Muslim and African immigrants..

America needs to follow this lead and vote in Trump as we're turning into Mexico at the bordering States.. This is the best thing that ever happen to the UK... LOVE IT!!!!

Obama has egg on his face now and Hillary is gonna follow like the puppet she is right down the rabbit hole... Americans don't want any more illegals coming in or Syrian Muslim refugees.. This is gonna be the one ticket to Trump being elected I believe..

I've been to London recently and demographics are crazy compared to 20 years ago.. Muslims every where and Africans.. England is getting over run by diversity.. This is a step in the right direction.. Hope they build walls now..

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    small correction: the Pound only lost 8-9% of its value
    Pavy doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Hed make a good politician.

packerd_00

Wow you seem to have all the answers mate,shouldnt you be on Wall Street running a fortune five hundred company like all of these other experts.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

absolute bullshit. Britian won't be subject to the EU bureaucracy anymore and will be able to make their own deals for their country. Like every country should. Fisherman can now fish off the coast once again.

Let all hope that the dominos start falling and the entire EU is a thing of the past. The Swiss opted out of the EU and time proved them right. Same will happen here.

Great day for England!

YOU LOSE again.
    Even if that were true, they are sacrificing their financial sector for fishing???

Their economy is crumbling.

Do you even know what EU bureaucracy means or are you just parroting what you hear on youtube videos? The UK never shared a common currency with the EU, they still had monetary autonomy. They had everything and they let a few old twats throw it all away for a false sense of security.

Get wrecked

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Wow you seem to have all the answers mate,shouldnt you be on Wall Street running a fortune five hundred company like all of these other experts.
    Smarter than the average right winger on SBR hardly qualifies me for running a fortune 500 company, even though most of them are clowns anyway.
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave Greget 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chico2663 gave Greget 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This helps Trump over here. Brits got smart and basically voted this in to slow down immigration and close borders..

Make no mistake about this.. They are losing their identity quickly as Brits under this continued influx of Muslim and African immigrants..

America needs to follow this lead and vote in Trump as we're turning into Mexico at the bordering States.. This is the best thing that ever happen to the UK... LOVE IT!!!!

Obama has egg on his face now and Hillary is gonna follow like the puppet she is right down the rabbit hole... Americans don't want any more illegals coming in or Syrian Muslim refugees.. This is gonna be the one ticket to Trump being elected I believe..

I've been to London recently and demographics are crazy compared to 20 years ago.. Muslims every where and Africans.. England is getting over run by diversity.. This is a step in the right direction.. Hope they build walls now..

Won't happen. America is far more diverse and for more invested in the rest of the world. Don't get your hopes up, if anything this will re energize the youth vote for Clinton.

packerd_00

Smarter than the average right winger on SBR hardly qualifies me for running a fortune 500 company, even though most of them are clowns anyway.
    Britain made the right move,everything isn't going to come to a crashing halt because we left the EU. Germany built themselves up from scratch after the Second World War into a economic Super Power,Japan did the same. We are a smart very resourceful nation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

U.K. Will flourish long term

It was a great move

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    U.K. Will flourish long term

It was a great move

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Won't happen. America is far more diverse and for more invested in the rest of the world. Don't get your hopes up, if anything this will re energize the youth vote for Clinton.
    Say it ain't so ..

When you get so many uneducated desperate illegals coming in and start having babies it really takes it's toll on the cities resources.. We're getting killed in So Cal.. Courts, schools, freeways, beaches, parks, are packed with Mexicans.. East LA you might as well call Mexico.. It's only getting worse..

Wonder if Texas is getting this onslaught like we are seeing in California?. I don't mind Mexicans but when there is so many it gets to feel like you are not living in America anymore. Most don't even speak English. Just keeping it real..

I'm about to sell all my properties and move to middle America or Florida if Hillary is elected.. Not kidding either and I love the beach..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-24-16 at 09:43 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

If I'm an American company looking to do business in the EU, I no longer consider UK as my hub.
    You do realize that the UK is the trendsetter and that this is a crippling blow to the EU, right?

Norway declined to join the EU and have prospered.

France and Spain resent Germany's dominance and have sputtered in the EU.

For some reason the progressives (who are the last people on earth you should listen to regarding matters of money) think that EU is some kind of glorious international bond.

Yeah the super rich might like it. And the media - and can't forget the mooching immigrants, they love it too.

Everyone else think it sucks. I wonder where else in the world this is going on?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wrong thread post.. My bad..

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

For some reason the progressives (who are the last people on earth you should listen to regarding matters of money) think that EU is some kind of glorious international bond.

Yeah the super rich might like it. And the media - and can't forget the mooching immigrants, they love it too.

Everyone else think it sucks. I wonder where else in the world this is going on?

Like i said before, I can't speak for England's situation, but from where I sit, it looked like a good move. England doesn't seem like they need the EU. Bulgaria probably needs the EU.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Say it ain't so ..

When you get so many uneducated desperate illegals coming in and start having babies it really takes it's toll on the cities resources.. We're getting killed in So Cal.. Courts, schools, freeways, beaches, parks, are packed with Mexicans.. East LA you might as well call Mexico.. It's only getting worse..

Wonder if Texas is getting this onslaught like we are seeing in California?. I don't mind Mexicans but when there is so many it gets to feel like you are not living in America anymore. Most don't even speak English. Just keeping it real..
    No, Texas is not, and they're doing well. Why? They are pro-business and for the most part, an anti-welfare state. Most Mexicans bring with them a lot more positives than negatives. Texas knows how to utilize that, brings them in, cracks down on the bullshit ones, and makes a state where people generally get along and like living in.

Take the opposite of that, and you have California. If it wasn't for beaches (and plenty of other places have beaches), nobody who's even remotely successful would want to live there.

12 Last