NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Bosh always came off as a humble down to earth dude. I thought he caught some heat when he joined Lebron in Miami. No pun intended.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

His long term health is far more important than playing for an average nba team. I'm sure Riley would like him to retire so heat can get out of contract and use space on acquiring a star or two to replace Wade.

He was a hell of a player in Toronto but got overshadowed by Lebron in Miami.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Heat will be fine

They got some good material

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

old news, Heat have been encouraging Bosh to retire since last season

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    old news, Heat have been encouraging Bosh to retire since last season
    yes

Heat lost because Whiteside did not play

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Better to live than to keep playing and possibly die.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Better to live than to keep playing and possibly die.
    I don't know??? If he would have gone for it and demanded to play near the end of this season, he may have propelled this Heat team to a championship run.. It's not like he was going to play for a full season.

How many people get a chance to do that in life? Small chance he could die, but a partial season probably means he won't.. He was playing with this crap for years..

Maybe now he should retire though.. Heat are done...

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

If this is his second blood clot, which I believe it is, then Bosh has bought himself LIFELONG anticoagulantion. Without treatment, he has greater than 20% chance of getting another clot leading to pulmonary embolism and death. With treatment, playing basketball for 80+ games means certain risk of traumatic fall leading to internal bleeding, which can go unnoticed before going into shock, or cerebral hemorrhage leading to stroke, seizure and death. Chris Bosh is finished with basketball. He would have to be a complete moron to not take the millions of dollars he has already earned and live his life as long as he can. If I were the heat's medical staff I wouldn't allow him anywhere near the court again and his family should not allow him to take that risk either.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: existential, and The Giant

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

His acting career is just starting. I saw him in a new promo movie with Arnold Palmer.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If this is his second blood clot, which I believe it is, then Bosh has bought himself LIFELONG anticoagulantion. Without treatment, he has greater than 20% chance of getting another clot leading to pulmonary embolism and death. With treatment, playing basketball for 80+ games means certain risk of traumatic fall leading to internal bleeding, which can go unnoticed before going into shock, or cerebral hemorrhage leading to stroke, seizure and death. Chris Bosh is finished with basketball. He would have to be a complete moron to not take the millions of dollars he has already earned and live his life as long as he can. If I were the heat's medical staff I wouldn't allow him anywhere near the court again and his family should not allow him to take that risk either.
    Both sides agree with this. Bosh will retire

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I believe if it's a medical retirement the Heat get salary cap relief and Bosh gets paid the full contract. Win win

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Bosh is one of the coolest guys on the team.

We love him here in Miami and he actually goes out and hangs out at local spots.

He is always at the breweries I hang out at and he is an avid beer collector like myself..
    well then, I'm not surprised by his medical conditions. AThletes should not be consuming grains of anykind. This goes for the general public, as well. Grains strip the body of the nutrients needed to prevent things like blood clots

Last edited by trevor123698; 05-17-16 at 02:35 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Hog wash!!!! ^^^ Whole grains are good for the body..

http://www.healthyeating.org/Healthy...ds/Grains.aspx

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post

well then, I'm not surprised by his medical conditions. AThletes should not be consuming grains of anykind. This goes for the general public, as well. Grains strip the body of the nutrients needed to prevent things like blood clots

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

When you play the video... did he just introduce himself as a Veterinarian???? Who the fuk does that?

Trevor... I don't know where you get your info from... but a bowl of plain oatmeal... is one of the most important carbohydrate of your life.

High carbs.... and high fats.... that's what you don't want. You just need moderate carbs... that match the protein intake.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

and all it is , is a deficiency of a couple minerals that docs dont know about, shame shame

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

u got to love all these people that still think whole grains are good, they think of the world wholesome i guess.

Wheat is junk, all wheat, except buckwheat

as well as barley, rye and oats

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The Heat are holding Bosh out for insurance reasons, plain and simple.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Right. Because money is everything. The guy can't do what he's done his whole life because he'd be at risk of DYING. But yea, he made lots of money so who cares.

Peanut logic here.
    Boo hoo....it sucks but he's generational set. Not a worry in the world. Most of humanity just wonders where their next meal comes from

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    His acting career is just starting. I saw him in a new promo movie with Arnold Palmer.

Hopefully he replaces Shaq on Inside the NBA.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    When you play the video... did he just introduce himself as a Veterinarian???? Who the fuk does that?

Trevor... I don't know where you get your info from... but a bowl of plain oatmeal... is one of the most important carbohydrate of your life.

High carbs.... and high fats.... that's what you don't want. You just need moderate carbs... that match the protein intake.
    Oatmeal is poison you penetrating jackass. I eat a high fat, high cholesterol, low card diet. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't. You people are so penetrating dumb it's unreal

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    and all it is , is a deficiency of a couple minerals that docs dont know about, shame shame
    actually it is. If you look into it, doctors discount nutrition as a cause of disease.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    Oatmeal is poison you penetrating jackass. I eat a high fat, high cholesterol, low card diet. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't. You people are so penetrating dumb it's unreal
    Explain how oatmeal is poison

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    So he should only play if he's "elite" ???
    you should only give out picks if your elite....... like j.j. ,rocket or donk!

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

not sure i agree with that. i have ate healthy for 3 years and it led to a stroke. also they just told me my colon was black. the doctor asked me if i was eating a lot of whole grains and taking bunch of vitamins. i should of stuck to wendy's and burger king

First 12