Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

To some extent for sure. Look Donohuey or whatever his name is, it's not just him. Look at the Lakers vs Kings playoffs match highlights back in the day. It's just because it's such a tough sport to ref, it's very easy to rig a match. Not to mention I definitely think some players are in on games with really fishy endings (such as stealing the ball when the PG brings it up and you pretend to give him a high five but instead you steal the ball down 10 with 5 secs to go and laying in it)

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah there is certainly plenty of that Gold. But that's a horse shit answer end of day and you know it. Just way too much evidence over years to support its dirty. Nobody seems to be saying EVERY gm is fixed I certainly don't believe that but it happens in spots.

Someone mentioned the book "Fix is in" above very good book. The author who's name I cannot recall has written several on subject that includes a lot of evidence too hard too ignore which includes fbi files he obtained thru freedom of information act. Check on you tube a interview he did on comedian Artie Langes show with former Nfl and Raider great Jon Ritchie. He completely assaults their senses with knowledge and dresses down JR so hard it's embarrassing watching him try and gather his thoughts and studder along trying to be a good servant and protect the shield.
    95% percent of games, especially in the playoffs, are not rigged. NBA is a make or miss league. Refs are not gonna help you make jumpers, or help the other team miss them. Sometimes a team will get some sketchy calls or non-calls....good teams like the spurs can battle through these adversities and still play ball. You can't stop a team from scoring points....Refs are so closely analyzed these days that they are not willing to risk their careers to rig a game, especially in the playoffs.

If NBA was solely focused on business, they wouldn't allow the Spurs to dismantle the grizzlies by 20 in all 4 games....a clean sweep....how is that good for business? But alas, there is nothing the refs can do to help the grizzlies make shots, and they can't stop the spurs from making shots.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Goat I have 2 words for ya pal Tim Donaghy!!! We all know league threw him under bus and made it out like he's some rogue official. But we all should know( if your iq is in triple digits anyhow) that's b.s. And even if it's just 1 guy which is far fetched at best is that not 1 too many manipulating games? And Donaghy swears he never "rigged" a game for an outcome to save some face but that's b.s. as well. All the little shit they were doing getting guys in foul trouble for no reason, etc certainly has direct effect on outcome.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nba looks rigged on totals. Sometimes at the end of games players hustling to get more points.

Goat Milk

Goat I have 2 words for ya pal Tim Donaghy!!! We all know league threw him under bus and made it out like he's some rogue official. But we all should know( if your iq is in triple digits anyhow) that's b.s. And even if it's just 1 guy which is far fetched at best is that not 1 too many manipulating games? And Donaghy swears he never "rigged" a game for an outcome to save some face but that's b.s. as well. All the little shit they were doing getting guys in foul trouble for no reason, etc certainly has direct effect on outcome.
    He was a shady ref, and I bet he was in bad with the wrong people. The mafia. Bookies. Etc. It's pretty clear the NBA is not rigged dude. You honestly can't rig nba games consistently. It would be fairly obvious on tape, that refs are getting call after call wrong. If it happens 5% of the time....IN THE REGULAR SEASON....yeah you can get away with it. Anything more, any basketball aficionado like myself....like some analysts....will easily catch on.

You can't help guys put the ball in the basket, it's simple as that. You can't control the outcomes of games just by getting someone in foul trouble either. And FYI the top guys in the league are rarely rarely rarely in foul trouble....and in the playoffs....it's almost NEVER in foul trouble. so there you go.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Professional games are fixed to some extent, not just NBA games. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their heads fixed. Only degenerate gamblers think it's all pure.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nba looks rigged on totals. Sometimes at the end of games players hustling to get more points.
    Yeah to inflate their stats. Even if the totals are rigged, that's not affecting the true outcome of the game (what team wins). Most players playing in those games rarely leave the bench and they wanna get a bucket or two. Your stats are the only thing you have to point to when you go to sign your next contract.... Most nba bench warmers will take that free layup any day of the week.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Professional games are fixed to some extent, not just NBA games. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their heads fixed. Only degenerate gamblers think it's all pure.
    What was the predetermination of the Pats Seahawks superbowl? Was it pre determined for Seattle or the Pats to win? If Pats, i'm assuming ref went in the huddle, whispered in russel wilson's ear "you better throw this interception at the 1 yard line, or I'm gonna kill your mother in her sleep." or if it was rigged for the Pats, the refs said "if you score any touchdowns in this 4th quarter in crunch time like you usually do, I'll pay a visit to your house while your kids are asleep."

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Goat you gave a couple decent examples to support an argument with. But you should have pumped the brakes before going with Spurs/Grizz lol. Like anything corrupt you kind of have to know when to pick your spots and not get greedy. Spurs arguably best team in nba vs a beat up D league team the league knew there was no saving that or making it a series. If that fukker went 6 games red lights would have been flashing everywhere lolol.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rigged or not the product is boring to watch. Can the Thunder get a win tonight thanks.

Goat Milk

Goat you gave a couple decent examples to support an argument with. But you should have pumped the brakes before going with Spurs/Grizz lol. Like anything corrupt you kind of have to know when to pick your spots and not get greedy. Spurs arguably best team in nba vs a beat up D league team the league knew there was no saving that or making it a series. If that fukker went 6 games red lights would have been flashing everywhere lolol.
    nba is a make or miss league, simple as that. you won't win games by going to the line. you won't win games by just hustling or sacrificing your body. if the league says "toronto has to win this game tonight. it is necessary." and derozon and lowry go 4-26 combined on jumpers outside 15 feet...they just don't have the rhythm tonight, or they're a bit banged up, they're fatigued, don't have their legs, whatever the case....and john wall suddenly goes 4-5 from 3 and beal goes 5-8....you think the raptors are going to win that game? officials can try to rig it all they want....and in the end it won't even matter.

if you play basketball then you know.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Rigged or not the product is boring to watch. Can the Thunder get a win tonight thanks.
    keep watching baseball a sport that allows 300 lb men who run 6.0 40s to play who can't jump can't move no athleticism, couldn't last 30 seconds in an nba game without getting winded....

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

have you seen those salaries though

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I dont think its rigged in the sense that the NBA as a collective wants team A or B to move on so they can make more money in certain matchups. Thats shortsighted on the overall product. Story lines need to be organic.

But I do think games are often fixed by the refs. It's too easy and free money. Tim Donaghy only got caught because he was so greedy and not smooth about it. That web was way bigger than got out in the end. All you would have to do it tell a friend in person "Hey, Im going to call my 4th, 8th, 14th and 17th game super tight. Bet 10k on the over. Im going to call game 9, 16th, 19th and 24th very lose and let them play. Bet 20k on the unders. He wouldnt even have to worry about who wins.

Youre talking about a guy who can bet so small without moving the line and still increase his annual income by 20%. These guys arent rich.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I've never said outcomes were predetermined necessarily. I think going into a gm the refs know the play to make at end in a controversial spot. See Cowboys/Lions playoff gm , or even Raps gm 7 last night. Indy essentially forfeited that series when they blew gm 5. You just have to remember it does not take much at all to manipulate a gm! I know you are a die hard nba fan/apologist but there is plenty of shady going on with them and Nfl in particular.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Yes read my script posts over the years

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I dont think its rigged in the sense that the NBA as a collective wants team A or B to move on so they can make more money in certain matchups. Thats shortsighted on the overall product. Story lines need to be organic.

But I do think games are often fixed by the refs. It's too easy and free money. Tim Donaghy only got caught because he was so greedy and not smooth about it. That web was way bigger than got out in the end. All you would have to do it tell a friend in person "Hey, Im going to call my 4th, 8th, 14th and 17th game super tight. Bet 10k on the over. Im going to call game 9, 16th, 19th and 24th very lose and let them play. Bet 20k on the unders. He wouldnt even have to worry about who wins.

Youre talking about a guy who can bet so small without moving the line and still increase his annual income by 20%. These guys arent rich.
    nba refs are pretty rich. most of the veteran refs make half a million dollars a year. that's pretty rich in my eyes.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

riiiiiiigged

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Yes read my script posts over the years
    Your script post was wrong multiple times last year retard

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

But Bill.... where does the money come heavy in at??? A spread or a total? I would think more wagers are on a spread... than on a total. I'm sure there are "select" games for whatever reason... people drill a total because a number looks WAY OFF.

As we get closer to the semi-finals and finals.... it will be clear as day how rigged it is.

Donaghy's issue... he told a few people what was going on. You can't say sh#$ to anyone about your work. These officials every single game know which side they need to hit.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    This video is a classic. It doesn't get anymore obvious than this. Epic failure on the NBA's part.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Would you kids grow up with your rigged nonsense. Seriously? Are you wearing a tinfoil hats while you type these asinine comments? This is supposed to be the premier sports betting site in the world & yet the percentage of morons on here is alarming. No wonder the books clean up overall.

If a ref was caught influencing a game beyond human error he does not just face losing his job, he would be staring at a long term prison sentence and subsequent public humiliation. Same with NBA executives & anyone who is potentially in a position to directly or indirectly influence the result of an individual game.

Sure as recently as 10 years ago Tim Donaghy was a ref in the NBA, but he got caught & technology has progressed rapidly since then, also the speed of information flow with 24/7 social media and global connection, means anything even remotely suspicious could be trending worldwide within an hour and put unprecedented pressure on the NBA administrators were it to be a big enough event.

It surely isn't easy being a ref in the NBA, and having to make rapid fire decisions all the time lends itself to a high degree of human error, that may appear to be blatantly favouring one side or another, especially through the shaded glasses we all wear once we have chosen a position & have a significant amount of money on the line.

The very fact that hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line in every single playoff game creates a market that polices itself. It's hard to explain without going into detail but those that invest in the stock market will probably understand what I am referencing.

Were a small market team to ever come out of nowhere and win the title, the NBA would probably love it & their marketing gurus would find all sorts of ways to promote the "David over Goliath" "Cindarella story" etc etc

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

yea, and water is wet!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

so whats the play?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Very Rigged

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Let me ask you this. It's game 7 of Hawks/Cavs series. Atlanta is up 10 points in beginning of 4th quarter. Lebron shoots 26 FT's in 4th quarter and Cavs win by 3 points.

Is the NBA fixed?

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

paver, the year that the mavs lost to wade, i felt like game 3 was rigged to miami. dallas should have gone up 3-0, the nba let miami steal game 3 and dallas never recovered in the series, but then again I am a homer

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I think there is a lot more super star treatment than outright rig job

Avenger_deux
    Avenger_deux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

If anyone watched tonight's game and still think the NBA is NOT rigged, then I don't know what to say. You're not too bright.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Let me ask you this. It's game 7 of Hawks/Cavs series. Atlanta is up 10 points in beginning of 4th quarter. Lebron shoots 26 FT's in 4th quarter and Cavs win by 3 points.

Is the NBA fixed?
    If you can find the match up the NBA wants in the FINALS... you're good as gold.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If you can find the match up the NBA wants in the FINALS... you're good as gold.
    I dont think they wanted the Spurs/Pistons back in the day that ish was boring af

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
    kobe dropping 60 in his last game is ridiculous the guy did nothing all year....jeter getting the walk-off game winning hit in his last game was funny too
    You are talking about one of the most fierce competitors of all time. He dug deep and found a way to drop 60 and win his last game. Sure the refs let a few offensive foul calls slide, but many stars get those calls pretty much on a nightly basis. Has nothing to do with being rigged. He could have done that against half the league in any one game if he really wanted to, but he saved that one last effort for his last game imo.

As for the jeter example, the guy got a strike and he hit a single in the clutch for the walk off. Okay? Not really sure how you rig something like that. The guy still has to hit the ball and find a hole.
    Last edited by CantFeelMyFace; 05-03-16 at 01:29 AM.

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

[QUOTE=Avenger_deux;25657965]It's not rigged?

Kobe makes the game-winning shot during his last game of his career.

The Lakers beat the Warriors.

The Rockets beat the Warriors.

But the Spurs lose to the Warriors.

The Warriors lose to the Timberwolves, Pistons and Bucks but still finish out a 73 wins for the season.

Tell me again how the NBA is not rigged?

You obviously aren't very familiar with professional sports. The best teams lose to a subpar team at least a couple times a year in the NBA. They are professional athletes. Just because the better team shows up doesn't mean they win by default. There are a million variables that go into each game and many of these players are still very young and immature and very rich but still considered professional. The games are not rigged. Superstars do get more calls but it has nothing to do with rigging the game. Refs have the attitudes that the young guys have to earn their stripes to get the calls. Not saying its right, but that is just the way it is. As much money as the sports leagues make, they really have no reason to risk such a catastrophe as rigging a professional contest. Obviously there has been known rogue refs, but those are personal agendas and do not come from the real heads.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Some of you gueys...

First 1234 Last